Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PV Feed In Tariff

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Nearly all "variable rate" so they can change as they wish unfortunately. There is a notification period of about a month.

The ones that have got paid, it came on the bill at the end of oct, have you got that bill yet?

My next bill is the the end of Nov. Expecting it then.

Are you on a smart meter, day night or a normal meter?

Honestly though, would it be so easy to jack prices if it broke the contract and allowed shifting en-masse.

Why should they get preferential treatment over all other service providers?

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭TerraSolis

Because the contract offers you a fixed discount off their base tariff, not a fixed tariff. So changing the tariff is allowable within the terms of the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

+1 to this. What other regulated "utility" allows a provider to impose a price rise during a contract?

Couple this with the push by Bord Gais to require loyalty to receive an annual FIT payment and you have a precedent that will prevent competition and switching.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,462 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Tbh, it doesn't surprise me that customers aren't high up the priority list, as it's been apparent the energy regulator hasn't been fit for purpose for a long time now.

I think people have been happy to accept price increases during a contract when unit prices were low. As it creeps up towards €1 per kWh (slowly but surely) that will change I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,326 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Still no bill, 3 days late.

Manual processing, at this stage? FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

FYI DrPhil - I got mine last week (no mention of Micro-generation, so I'm wondering if the lads (my installers) lodged a NC6 with ESBN?!

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭idc

I see no mention of micro generation on mine either (the 200 euro credit is there - not sure when my next bill is) and I know NC6 was lodged as got email from EI about it microgen before I moved to Energia

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I think the key difference is that energy is globally traded and much more volatile, as is very evident right now.

Other utilities like broadband and mobiles etc are fairly stable so they can provide a fixed price contract without too much risk to themselves.

If energy were to all be fixed price you can be sure the providers would charge us ALOT more to ensure they dont get caught with the price increases themselves.... so be careful what you ask for.

To my knowledge Energia are the only ones who provided a fixed price (vs fixed discount) tariff and they have since pulled it as Im sure they are losing money on it at this point... I'm glad Im just starting a 1yr fixed price contract with them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭paulbok

Has anyone the list of FIT rates to hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭irishchris

Just to add to above rates pinergy fit is 21c

So, latest figures then are:

Energia - 18c - Pays per billing period. Is already paying out.

SSE - 24c - Pays twice a year (Nov and May).

Bord Gais - 18.5c - Pays once a year

Electric Ireland - 14c - Pays per billing period

FloGas - 24c - Pays per billing period

Pinergy - 21c - Pays per billing period

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

They are all 🐕️ 💩 rates if you think about it, great about 1 year ago but when the day rates are way over twice the FIT...

Like WTF is wrong with our clean kwh generated compared to the (mainly) dirty one they buy and force down our throats.

It's like when you're watching a fight that goes to decision, and it takes ages to get the scores tallied.

The longer it takes, the more you suspect they'll feck it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

You have to compare it to what the energy supply companies are paying to the network operator as opposed to what the end user is paying to the supply company. The wholesale rates are a heck of a lot lower than what the supply companies charge per kwh. Why would they buy solar output from you at a decent rate when buying from the DNO is cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

I was never in doubt that it will get fecked up.

This is the electric version of health insurance. Baffling and confused to hoodwink the customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Oh I don't doubt that but the CRU/relevant muppets should have enforced 1:1 aka net metering if they were serious abut FIT. Which they clearly aren't just a PR BS that installers now use to "sell" PV systems on those who don't know any better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭denismc

Just a note to anyone with PV panels, I enquired with Energia about the FIT.

Turns out my installer never registered my system with ESB networks when my installation was done over 4 years ago.

If you are not sure you can ring ESB networks with your MPRN and they will tell you if your system is registered or not.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Your installer may have sent the form in, ESB may not have processed or recorded it

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Energia bill finally arrived. Pretty sure it's accurate, although it's annoying that they bill at the standard rate, then show a discounted value but no discount % or list of the discounted figures.

Also long live the deemed export. My actual export for the last 2 months was 30kWh. My bill credits me for 323kWh.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Having your cake and eating it 😁

This is why deemed export on a D/N meter is brilliant. Long may it last! 2024 is the timeframe for it ending currently

• Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Does that mean all D/N meters will have been replaced with smart meters by the end of 2024, unless you have refused? And if you have refused, then will they just stop paying deemed export in 2025? Any link?

And what happens re day/night tariffs?

Will the suppliers just stop offering them 12 months before the smart meter deadline?

It's in the CRU paper on the CEG payments. They actually state it will be reviewed annually. I suspect that, once they have made MCC02 customers eligible for smart meters, the deemed export will be phased out.

CRU21131-Interim-Clean-Export-Guarantee-Decision-Paper.pdf

Customers with day/night MCC02 meters (and meter types other than 24hr MCC01 meters) Customers on Day/Night tariffs (i.e. those with MCC02 meters) will only remain eligible for deemed export quantity arrangements up until the point at which they become eligible for installation of a smart meter as part of the ESBN led deployment approach under the NSMP. As with MCC02 customers, renewables self-consumers with all other meter types will only remain eligible for deemed export quantity arrangements up until the point at which they become eligible for installation of a smart meter as part of the ESBN led deployment approach under the NSMP. For clarity, this smaller subset of customers will remain eligible for deemed during the four-month window while waiting for smart meter installation. However, they will no longer be eligible for calculation of deemed exp

----

5.5.3 The CRU’s Decision The CRU will carry out a review after twelve months of operation of the CEG25 and may do so from time-to-time thereafter, as deemed necessary by the CRU

No, I guess it will continue on, but if you want to be paid for export you need a smart meter then - as MCC02 will be eligible for a smart meter too at that point. Theres actually nothing stopping them doing it already - making smart meters do day/night rates. The whole reason - as you know - for the deemed export in the first place is that MCC02 customers are not eligible for the smart meter rollout program.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,462 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Not a hope all smart meters will be in by end of 2024. Our area was supposed to have them in 6 months ago. Nobody has so far. I'm refusing anyway but that's beside the point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭con747

For those who still didn't get the €200 credited it's sitting in ESBN bank account waiting to be paid out to suppliers based on bill due dates. Link was posted on the switching thread.

https://www.cru.ie/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/CRU2022972-Electrcity-Costs-Emergency-Benefit-Scheme-II-Guidance-Document-Final.pdf

%PDF-1.7 %µµµµ 1 0 obj >/Metadata 988 0 R/ViewerPreferences 989 0 R>> endobj 2 0 obj > endobj 3 0 obj

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

Advertisement