Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Google Pixel 7/Pixel 7 Pro

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

I'm putting my (unopened) Google Pixel Watch (non LTE) on Adverts as I have no interest in it. I am thinking of letting it go for €250 and think that is a fair price for someone that might want one for Xmas to save €100 and takes my 7 Pro to €650 which is what I was prepared to pay for it.

I see others going for practically full price, and don't understand that, but anyways...

• Registered Users Posts: 31 rcdunne1

I've put an offer on this, very keen!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭dmcar02

I was thinking of going loveitcoverit as it's €10.24 per month including accidental damage. That's for the 7 Pro, the 7 is €7.39 per month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Yeah I'd seen that alright, might hold off a week or 2 to see will Vodafone update their list to include the new pixels as its 9.99e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭adam240610

Is anyone else having trouble with Google wallet with the 7/7pro?

"Your phone doesn't meet security requirements"

A bit ridiculous that Google phones can't use Google wallet, or is that just me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭TheRona

Just you. Have you set a fingerprint and/or PIN/password on your device? If you don't have one of those forms of security active, you can't use Wallet.

Have fingerprint enabled and pin enabled, just like my pixel 6

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Confusselled

Think it can be an issue if device was unlocked using face unlock rather than a pin or fingerprint as its not as secure since it only uses the camera.

GLS delivered my P7 Pro and ear buds today, they picked it up from Mailboxde.com last Thursday, so similar to others, one week turn around and went the long route via Germany -> Cech Republic -> Germany -> Ireland.

Will try factory reset, hasn't used face unlock yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭iHungry

It must be a great phone, hardly anyone on here complaining about it :)

Reinstalling Google wallet fixed the problem

Camera is unreal on the pro, first phone camera that significantly beats my eyes for text over distance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭micks_address

i cancelled 3 pre orders on the pro 7 before the free watch pre order ended.. but then ended up caving in and buying a hazel 128gb off adverts 100 euro off new price.. i wouldnt say its dramatically better than my 6 pro but it does feel a little nicer all round.. i sold the pixel 6 pro to cex this morning for 405 euro.. i probably could have saved money by buying a new one, with the free watch and sell that..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

sounds good, so you got the pixel 7 pro for 799? My transaction, 899 with a google watch, which I sold for €250 (fair price= I think vs. €379) made the watch €670 (after mailbox.de charges). Guess it comes down to whether the €130 is worth the hassle. I'm guessing that people that got the 7 Pro with the free watch, and managed to sell the watch for anything resembling my €250, made profit of €130 by selling the phone so.

Either way, you got a great phone for €799 instead of €899. All good!

Yeah came with a decent case and pre installed screen protector which is pretty good.. anyway no money in buying and selling phones 😂 at least my wife has given up caring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I've had it a year, I'll probably get the eight, so I took off the screen protector and running naked.

Fingerprint yok working every time, all the time.

It wasn't too bad before but now, it's a memory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

The pixel pro 7 is great but I'm actually liking the watch more. It's not perfect but looks very slick and performs well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Tompson

Has anyone put a decent tempered glass on it? I can't find one with good reviews on Amazon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭iHungry

Not yet on pixel 7 pro but I have on my 6 pro. The whitestone dome tempered glass has been excellent. Really smooth and no fingerprint sensor issues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

When I ordered my 7pro from Germany the watch was out of stock. The claim your gift primonoage opens tomorrow, but I saw it mentioned no forwarding sites. Hoping it'll be okay anyway.

Anyone else in the same boat or have any suggestions? Only got the phone for the free watch really!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭opus

Been meaning to ask has anyone discovered if the Pixel 7/7 pro works with Eir 5g or are Google still not allowing it?

Post edited by opus on

i think there's an otterbox tpu one on my phone.. the guy i bought mine from had fitted it and included a clear otterbox case as well.. wouldnt normally be a fan of tpu but its actually quite good.. has a reasonably glassy feel to it.. id love to try whitestone dome but feel like id balls it up.. if there was a shop that offered to fit them id totally go for one

This is not looking good so far.

The link only works from 3rd party retailers, not google it's self. I've been onto chat and requested to speak to a manager and they will get back to me in 24/48 hours but I don't have a good feeling. I blame Google for not offering the promo in Ireland! Disaster.

https://promo-rewards.com/2022launch/de-DE/claim/purchase-details

Yeah, that's for 3rd party sellers. Did you not contact Google before ordering? I thought I read on here that some people were given store credit.

When you ordered, did it say no watches in stock, and you could just click on order anyway? Did it not give you the option of the buds or anything?

Hopefully customer service will sort you out. I've been dealing with them, and they're pretty useless. Still don't have my €900 returned from the P7Pro I refused delivery on, tracking says it arrived back in their warehouse over 2 weeks ago.

• Advertisement

Yes I spoke to them on chat before ordering, but to be honest the agent was so useless. I asked the question multiple times in different ways and they were quite unclear or unable to understand. After the sent me the link I trusted it also applied to Google, since I was clear I was ordering from Google, and only today when I went to complete the form did I see my error.

No watches were in stock when I ordered. I think the buds were offered, but since I wanted the watch I skipped it.

I don't trust the customer service will sort me out to be honest, bit of a disaster. My wife's phone is on route now too, but we will defo return that unless we get the watch.

I'll update the thread either way, I think there was at least one other posted in the same boat as me.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Leon124

Check new pre pay plan from three: 3 Prepay Hero - € 15 for unlimited minutes/texts/5G data. No VoLTE and WiFi calling. Maybe you don't need Eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭First Explorer

So delivery from Google DE to my mailbox de was scheduled between Nov 3 and Nov 7th. I chose the watch as the bonus but would happily change the free gift to buds to speed things up. It's now displaying 16th to 22nd Nov. I am using a dinosaur phone at this stage as my last phone broke. Should i A try change the gift.....or b cancel the order and just buy from google Ireland for delivery in two days...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭one man clappin

I ordered Pixel 7 Pro from Vodafone website last Thursday. I checked the status of the order this morning and it was still open. So i contacted them through the chat only to be told my order was cancelled as it was still showing as open.

So much for good customer service from Vodafone. They even told me to go to a local store and purchase it which I replied that your local stores do not even know the phone is for sale 😐️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭Nolimits

I got one yesterday from a local store, the guys selling it to me said that there was notes in the system saying not to sell it until November 4th and I remember 11th but his manager said to go ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭stickman1019

Lads any reviews from people who have received there phones?

What is the Fingerprint unlock like ?

Also does the facial unlock work ?

Fingerprint unlock works fine. I had no issues with the P6Pro either, so couldn't really say if it's improved from that. Face unlock also works fine. I'd be used to using the fingerprint, so wouldn't go out of my way to use the face unlock. Often when I pick up my phone, it's already unlocked though.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭stickman1019

Thanks Buddy!

Solid phone so far,first time pixel user. Some nice gestures,fingerprint is perfect for me as is face unlock.camera is top class ,I've only used people so far as opposed to landscapes/buildings etc my only gripe is not having a shortcut/gesture for the torch having had one on my prev androids

You can add double tap on the back of the phone to launch the torch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Davexirl

How is the battery holding out and how long does the Pro take to charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 johnnycullen

Waiting for BF to see if there is any promo for the Irish market, although doesn't look like it.

Apparently the so called "Ultra" will be the 7a, which won't be a cheap version but a premium version instead. That doesn't help to make a move.

Watched a durability test in Youtube and seems that the metallic parts get scratches even by looking at them and that phone itself doesn't look sturdy when accidental bending. Any comments from the owners?

I've a case on mine, so no scratches. I also try to avoid bending it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭steve_r

Hi guys, two quick questions

Saw an article saying google were allowing trade ins of other phones against the new pixel- does this apply in Ireland? Can’t see an option on the google store

Is there any expectation/history of Black Friday deals on these or other google products? I have a discount code from Fitbit and I am tempted by the Pixel watch but reviews seem to be mixed

No trade-ins in Ireland, although the value you get probably isn't much better than CeX, and miles below what you'd get if you just sold your previous device.

I wouldn't expect much from Google for black Friday. They still have older devices like the Pixel 6 and 6 Pro available, can't see major discounts on the new devices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Looks like the 7 and 7 Pro will be getting pretty decent discounts next week for Black Friday, along with most other stuff in the Google Store. Wonder what discounts will be available on this side of the pond.

From memory, they had the same discounts in the US last year for the P6 and P6Pro, and we got nothing. We'll know soon enough anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

I could be wrong but I didn't think they discounted the 6 or 6 Pro anywhere last year.

I've already got my 7 so more interested in some Nest stuff I've been holding off buying in anticipation for Black Friday.

I know it's probably unlikely but I'm hoping for a discount on the Pixel Watch. I think it's overpriced at it's current price, considering you can get the latest Apple Watch SE for €299 and that's a proven product and not a first gen device.

Same as,Currys and Argos are the only 2 stores I've seen selling it yet at a higher cost

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

Has anyone sold their Pixel 6 device to the likes of CEX? If so how much are they offering? I have my P6 on Adverts.ie for nearly a month now with no takers so far. I'm trying to offset the money that I spent upgrading to the P7 Pro.

CeX only offer just over €300. Put it on adverts for €350-400 and you'll have no problems selling, I'd say.

Sold my 6 pro to cex for 405 was graded B but A was only 25 euro more or something.. for the hassle on adverts it's not worth it..

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

I'm look for around 400 but put it up on Adverts for 450, as that site is notorious for lowball offers or pointless swaps.

Interesting, I might drop by into CEX and see what they offer. If it's only 300 I'll leave it up on Adverts and hopefully get a decent offer.

€450 is way too high. Put it up for a fair price, and you'll get a fair offer. I've been selling at least one phone a year on there for at least a decade, never had any problem finding a good buyer.

• Advertisement

Why not look on their site? They're very up front about what they'll give you for a Pixel 6.

Advertisement