Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Your own pictures of bad parking **WITH CHAT**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭bmc58

Ah,entitled Merc drivers.Don't you just admire them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,216 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Pig ignorant selfish van driver blocks man using mobility scooter. CRW is six months out of date.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,270 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Probably too lazy to open the gate. I saw the same in my old estate, people would park across the path with the gates closed and the driveway empty. People without gates never left the drive empty...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

Howth Harbour. Blue badge holder 🤦‍♂️.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,062 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

NCT out over 2 months, a prime example of a driver you wouldn't ask to do a bank job with 😂

• Advertisement

The NCT doesn't bother me. Mine was out by six months due to backlog until yesterday. But his bouncing off the kerb as a way of stopping the car would bother me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,061 ✭✭✭✭neris

Loading bay aswell, thought blindness was a disability that banned you from driving

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Wouldn't it be easier for him to just get "I've a tiny cock" tattooed on his head than wasting so much money on such a monstrosity

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭breakemall

Saw this today in Athlone and just had to photograph it as I think it ticks all the boxes for bad parking?

Park on double yellow lines-tick

Park on Yield sign-tick

Block road completely-tick

Plenty of parking spaces available-tick

Quality of driving-THICK

• Registered Users Posts: 6,270 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Not bad parking but laziness. Got stuck coming out of Blanchardstown car park (the side with Smyth's, Starbucks etc). Queue of cars trying to get out, cars coming in would sit with the indicator on trying to go between the cars into an aisle but couldn't because it would be blocked. Instead of parking to the right where there was spaces or alternatively driving further down past the queue to get into an aisle then driving back to get closer to the shops they would just sit there.

I had someone nearly take the back of my car off inching forward to force me to move but I didn't as there was nowhere to go. While someone was trying to turn in front of me I could see their passenger pointing to an empty space directly beside them as they were just sitting there not moving.

Screenshot shot as an example. Empty space to the right, someone approaching would sit for a minute or two trying to go to an aisle on the left rather than driving further down and looping back.

• Advertisement

Actually not a "Legal loading bay". The harbour master in Howth is a dumb ass and hasn't displayed time plates in the loading bays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

This one taken yesterday

this one taken this evening (trying to not look too obvious taking it so picture is crap) same car, blocking different spaces

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,195 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

The thought of sharing the road with that kind of sociopathic idiot is not a nice one.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

I met his relative at Taney School, Dundrum this morning, taking not one but two disabled parking bays, with no blue badge of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,822 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

All part of merc, bmw, Audi and traveller club

Driver from fgwilson.ie Trigen chose to block 2/3rds of the footpath on Barton Road East, and leave the driveway nice and empty, squeezing wheelchair users and parents with buggies out.

White van man chooses to block footpath on Taney Road, leaving driveway nice and clear.

Is anyone seeing a trend here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Be right back

Plenty of spaces to her left and right and not a child in sight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

This guy parks every day in the disabled bay. Got aggressive when asked to move ( nicely). It's terrible that because they are aggressive get away with it because they intimidate others. I'm a mom of a kid with a disability. Glasnevin, Na Fianna CLG

Outrageous, time for some public shaming, catch him on video. Is the parking spot on the club grounds? You could call out the club on Twitter for action.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,199 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Not trying to derail the thread but what if anything can be done with people who wrongly park in disabled parking bays? On a public road / street I'm fairly sure it's a matter for the Gardai but what about car parks owned by the supermarkets?

Post edited by muffler on

Supermarkets could clamp, but I think only the biggest ones do.

Call Roads Policing in Dublin Castle and ask to speak to the member running “operation enable”. That person is heavily invested in blue badge enforcement and for a regular offender like the GAA one he will put in time and visits to the car park to meet & greet the driver 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭pale rider

Whitewater Shopping Centre Newbridge, words fail me, this is really bad and yes damage was done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Handbrake related?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭pale rider

Not really based on the positioning of the car in its actual parking bay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,822 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

You’re not de railing it bud. This is the ‘with chat’ thread.

yea people parking is disabled spots is a personal red alarm for me. Absolute scumbags. I’d call the guards except they’d take too long so I end up calling the shop and saying it. The dick parked in the spot us usually shamed by one of the staff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Be right back

Didn't even to attempt to park properly. Why have one space when you can have three?!🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,195 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Bonus points for encroaching into the disabled space.

These cars should just be towed away and crushed into a cube.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭cdev

Tesla driver taking up 4 car spaces in Carrickmines. I've seen plenty taking up 2 spaces but 4 is really taking the piss.

Advertisement