Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Midterms 2022 - Read OP before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Do you seriously think the type of people that think Biden is a child sex trafficker amonsgt other things can be reasoned with? You're hardly that naive. They're angry because they didn't get the result they wanted in the last election and have been riled up since by the likes of Trump and MTG. They're a lost cause and their bullshit shouldn't be vaildated by Biden or anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Id consider myself conservative but at least now hopefully trump wont run again, all this 2020 claiming election fraud by a lot of the republican party is embarrassing. Hoping they can move on now that it has been shown trump no longer has any sway outside his deranged base.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Lmao he is absolutely going to double down and go for the presidency.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,393 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Most poll watching stations have shut off for the late night. Most will resume in a few hours, breakfast time east coast. Not clear who will be the senate leader or the speaker of the house yet.

Hope people around him have sense to let him know he wont win after tonight showed he just wont have the numbers, he brings out people for the democrats. Good night for de santis i suppose.

• Advertisement

Not electing Bernie in 2016 or 2020 will haunt America for decades to come but at least he was the catalyst for progressives to run and not be disillusioned with the status quo.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,729 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Its hard to know with stable genius Trump.

He wont want to take a beating which would put him off running. But he might also decide he can "save" the Republican party (MRGA) and bring them victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 33,048 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Great to see Kari Lake lose...she will drop even more off the deep end no doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 40,230 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Congrats on being conservative, although that could effectively mean anything. 😂

But what makes you think Trump won't run again?

Now granted he thought he would be announcing his run on the back of a "red wave" something which he would have unashamedly taking credit for.

Now he will run on the back of blaming the GOP and vice versa.

They will eat themselves alive throwing all sorts of batshít conspiracies at each other, pushing independents more over to the Blue side.

No wonder Biden was pictured with a smile that will probably need surgical intervention to remove.

The top 2 concerns by voters yesterday was inflation and abortion, inflation by definition will subside, the other won't.

The election yesterday was a shít sandwich stuffed into another shít sandwich for the GOP.

Trump will announce his run next run, Elon will announce he is unblocked from Twitter.

Then the clown show will start it's ascent to it's fantastical climax.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,779 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

An absolute fraudster, just like the rest of the election denying bottom feeders.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

How are all the MAGA knuckleheads feeling this morning?

Sleepy Joe didn't even to change out of his slippers to hold out the "red wave"

• Registered Users Posts: 33,048 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I don't think that is possible tbh.

The republican party are massively in bed with Trump (so to speak) they still select candidates that crave his endorsement etc. If they piss off that group that is a lot of votes gone.

All indicators are Trump will run again...he could well rip the republican party apart doing so...already taking shots at desantis

Why the smart remark "Congrats on being conservative"? Capable of having discussion without condescension? clear why i said i don't think he will run again as tonight shows he just does not have the numbers to win seeing as his endorsed candidates did so bad.

I've just seen that unrelenting prick Mastriano was handsomely beaten by Shapiro in the Pennsylvania governor's race.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

His point is absolutely valid about the need for a reset etc.

However there isn't a chance of that happening - 100% guarantee that multiple GOP losers - Boebert , Lake , Oz , Walker and more will all refuse to concede and claim electoral fraud etc. etc.

They will just double down on the already lost cause

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Republicans candidate in Nevada senate seems to be increasing lead.

Not only will he run, there is a good chance of they get Moore V Harper through the SC he will win.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Like I was saying

Democrat Katie Hobbs is leading Republican Kari Lake in Arizona governor’s race with a little more than half of precincts reporting, and though much could change as ballots are counted, the GOP nominee is already casting doubt about the election results.

Lake won the GOP primary after amplifying former President Donald Trump’s lies about the 2020 presidential election, falsely insisting that the election was rigged and stolen. And though the current margins could change dramatically as votes are counted, Lake is suggesting without any evidence that there could be problems with Tuesday’s results. (Hobbs, as secretary of state, rebuffed GOP efforts to overturn the results in the 2020 election).

A lot of voters can see through this **** too.

• Advertisement

Oh without question , it's why all these high profile election deniers are losing but it won't stop them doing it.

Trump won in 2016 because he was an "unknown quantity" and people gave him a shot - Every election since then the GOP have lost ground and performed much worse than the prevailing indicators would have suggested.

I mean this is a mid-term election where the incumbent isn't widely popular , there is high inflation etc. and they have done terribly relatively speaking.

It's looking like the Senate will remain in Democrat control (Dems might lose Nevada, but the Fetterman pick-up covers that) and the GOP will probably take the house , but only just.

And that is ALL Trumps fault or at least he fault of the MAGA approach which is pretty toxic outside of the hard core GOP base.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Ahwell

So were Simon Rosenberg and Tom Bonier. FiveThirtyEight's Nate Silver was slamming them in recent podcast for spreading "hopium".

• Registered Users Posts: 23,729 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The time to cut Trump was after January 6th. Instead they endorsed him more and brought in more goons just as talented as him with the same dribble coming outta their mouths. Any split now just splits the Rep vote handing victory to Dems.

Between this and the 2020 election a lot of high profile Pollsters have been very very wrong.

Seems like there is a need for a fundamental change in how they do polling in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,779 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I was expecting an influx of bragging posters akin to the night of the Barr synopsis of the Mueller report.

Instead, we got an influx akin to the release of the Durham report.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,581 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

The fact that Herschel Walker is within reach of a US Senate seat says it all for me. I'm beyond despairing for the US. The only solace I take is the Democratic party took a lot of Gubernatorial races, that's likely to be about Roe more than anything else.

My other hope is that Nancy Pelosi retires after her next term. She's been amazing but she's old enough, and thanks to "stochastic terrorism" maybe puts being with her husband first, sadly serious damage to an elderly person despite the world's best medical care, greatly reduces their life expectancy.

FWIW JD Vance isn't that bad a guy and might make an OK Senator. I think he's a 'trumpster of convenience.' I liked his book and he told a lot of truths there.

Overall about what I expected, good riddance (hopefully) to Boebert. Madge Taylor can be on committees now, this is going to be an interesting 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

What about that red wave guys?!?!?!

Guys??....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,719 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

They are too craven to do so. DeSantis may put on his big boy pants now and challenge him.

The MAGA heads won't vote for anyone non-republican.

The loudest MAGA-GQP heads don't vote anyway so no loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Ahwell

I've heard Nat Silver say twice tonight, on ABC and on FiveThirtyEight, that "the polls were right". I'm no expert but that seems a fairly suspect take on it to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Kari Lake only 2% behind Hobbs now, according to CNN. That was quite the gap closing

Advertisement