Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk Thread IV... Go On My Henderson...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,424 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Two teams from Two different countries rock up in South Africa carrying the same viruses at the same time. That's odd

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Not if you listen to Rassie and think he makes sense.

• Administrators Posts: 53,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Is Dan McFarland the worst half time team talk giver in the league?

The number of times we are terrible in second halves is incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Didn't Munster go through their first four games scoring nothing or three points in the second half?

Take the four points, put the squits behind us, rock on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,796 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Result good

Performance OK

Any win in Thomond is a good one

Sutherland looks a good signing

Stewart continues to look the business

For Munster and more importantly Ireland with proper guidance Edwin Edogbo could be special. The sooner Paulie gets his hands on him the better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭ulsteru20s

The crazy thing is that i think we are one edogbo type player from being true euro contenders and favorites for the URC. We need one elite tighthead lock i feel to make our heavy game unstoppable. He has that potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭launish116

Just rewatching the match! So good to see Stewart get an injury free run!

Sutherland will really add to our squad!

Tighthead is a worry, Moore is playing the best rugby of his career! But our lack of faith in backup players is worrying!

Jeff Toomaga-Allen playing for Samoa tomorrow. Good luck, Jeff.

Hopefully he then kicks on for us - haven't seen as much of him this season as I thought he would.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Timoney and Herring re signed. Good work by Ulster getting it done early.

Have seen anything of him? Milanosevich is consistently ahead of him, although I think he can play both sides.

• Advertisement

Treadwell signed on until 2026 season.

Does anyone know who is even due for renewal this year?

Someone's made a list on T'Other Forum

Posted here for reference. We have a LOT of players out of contract...

Out of contract 2023:

Sutherland, Warwick, EOS, Reid, Andrew, Stewart, JTA, Milasinovich, Hendy, Carter, Treadwell, AOC, FBR, Izzy, Duane, Murphy, Jones, Mar Rea, McCann, McDonald, Flannery, Madigan, Curtis, Marshall, Gilroy, Stockdale, Lyttle, Sexton, Moxham, O’Brien

Academy - McCormick, Crothers, Carson

I'd sign Andrew straight away. He's a good hooker. Hendy will be signed. There's lads like Jones and Gilroy who may not be offered contracts. What about EOS? Kitchoff comes in and he's behind Warwick?

Well we know Jeff, Duane and Sutherland are away.

I'd hope Carter is allowed to go as well.

Players who'd I'd say should be concerned are Curtis (which is unfortunate; good player), Gilroy, Sexton, Madigan. There's rumblings Lyttle is away, which is a damn shame - I'd put him as our fourth best winger after Baloucoune, Stockdale and McIlroy. But he doesn't seem to get the game time he deserves, especially as he can line out at FB comfortably at URC level. Greg Jones seems to be liked by McFarland; depends on how McCann pushes on and whether Crothers and/or McLoughlin is ready. Andrew I'd try to keep, but he might fancy a more substantial role elsewhere.

Haven't seen enough of O'Brien or FBR to know. Milasinovich might survive as a cheap emergency option.

Carter will probably be kept since Henderson never seems to be fit to play for Ulster.

Who's JTA?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,477 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Has anyone heard any rumours on if Kingspan will renew naming rights for Ravenhill, if there are other bidders or if the name will revert to Ravenhill.

I believe the current deal expires at the end of the 2023/2024 season.

It appears to be a difficult time for naming rights. The RDS have failed to find a decent offer for the RDS arena (and were hoping for a naming rights offer to fund the redevelopment). Munster seem to have failed to sell Thomond naming rights despite looking for a buyer on and off since 2014.

Ulster in this regard had a great success with selling the naming rights for Ravenhill (reported at the time to be £500K per annum) and hopefully they manage to repeat their success.

Kitshoff incoming.

When?

A beast of a man. Good recruiting for Ulster.

3 year deal from what ive hear

edit: duh. thats also what you said

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Rugbymad2020

I’d be very surprised if he stayed his full contract at ulster.when he went over to France he said he couldn’t wait to get back to SA as he suffers from home sick alot apparently.very surprised he’s even going abroad to be honest

he went to bordeaux as a 23 year old, he'll be going to ulster as a 31 year old

i think he might have grown up in the meantime

• Advertisement

Ulster will be very strong. Kickoff, Warwick EOS and Callum Reid! Not to mention Saunderson in the academy. Fuckin hell.

Advertisement