Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post Mobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭deezell

Cool if you could capture that soundbite from a digital player feed of that radio ad, then attach it to an email to AP support.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Not a PM customer, just a heads up for others.

The ad was on Today FM a couple of times in last hour if you want to try grab it...might also be on their player/website/podcast.

Seems like a final ad campaign push before new terms kick in, seems deliberate too, if memory serves me right, their previous ads mentioned unlimited when it wasn't and now they're saying 50GB when it's 25GB

This is my snarky email to them, and their robot reply, totally ignoring my point. Their €15 with 50GB was front page of their website right up to midnight, even though its gone the next day.

Thic,

Can you explain how I have heard your €15 50GB/month plan advertised multiple times on radio today, and it still headlines your website, when I have received a Text two weeks ago to inform me that this very plan, my plan, is having its data allowance halved to 25GB/Month as of tomorrow. Surely this is a breach of advertising standards to misrepresent a product for sale.

Hi,

With the new plan being launched today, our website and advertisements have been updated to reflect the new pricing. In the lead up to the launch of the new plan there was a detailed explanation of the new €18 euro plan and changes to the €15 euro plan at the top of the An Post Mobile webpage.

"...advertisements have been updated to reflect the new pricing."

Well that's not true, heard an ad for the €15 plan today (18th).

They should tell everyone now when they're going to reduce the "unlimited" 120GB to 60GB

• Registered Users Posts: 12,491 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Can you imagine the corporate planning meeting about this. Lets cut the unlimited allowance to half. And a new plan thats now totally unlimited with a new limit. Great idea, they'll all go for it. All the small number of customers we have.

Anyone I know has never heard of post mobile. I wonder how many customers they actually have

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,030 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

They must have hired someone ex VHI

The portion of them who exceed 25GB are going to be mightily pissed when their data cuts off during the month. It could be worse. On contract plans you could slip onto daily per MB rate if you exceed your allowance and not even know till you got a standing order for €50-60 more. My other half is still on a legacy tesco plan, €10 but only 2GB or something. A few years ago she turned off WIFI and didn't notice, was youtubing at home on mobile data. I copped the bills 3 months later, €65, €70 odd, and a whopper of €86. Ouch

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Anziox33

On an android a20E, was on Tescomobile. Moved to an Post approx March 2020. Don't recall Voicemail ever worked since.

Today using MMI codes (Thanks Deezell) I have turned off "Divert if unanswered", then turned it back on with voicemail number. 087 5 nnn nnnn.

If I enter phone menu >Phone (3 vertical dots) > Settings > Supplementary services > call forwarding > Forward when unanswered

My voicemail number is displayed as 353 87 5 nnn nnnn. (Spaces added for display)

Is there a way to check if voicemail is actually set on, short of ringing from another phone which I don't have right now.

If i long press the "1" button, or ring "171" I hear a slight delay, then rising triplet of note tones, a short gap, then a falling two tones & then cut off.

Should I hear a message telling me I've no messages?

Yes, you should get 'Welcome to AnPost mobile voice messaging service... '

Call *#61# to check if you have voicemail set up for unanswered, *#62# for unreachable, *#67# for busy, Perhaps you have to call your own number unanswered at least once to kick off voice mail.

• Advertisement

Looks fine.

Calling *#61# gets response;

Call forwarding

when no reply

Voice +353875nnn nnnn after 20 seconds

FAX +353875nnn nnnn after 15 seconds

Sync: +353875nnn nnnn after 15 seconds

Async: +353875nnn nnnn after 15 seconds

I've phoned my own number.

I get the same: short wait, & two tones, followed by cut off, as in phoning "171" or long pressed "1".

Do you mean you phoned your own number using your own phone? This will present as a 'busy' call, not an 'unanswered' call. You have to set up voice mail for 'busy' to leave yourself a message. This is set up using *67*+353587nnn nnnn# . I've tried it there, it works. The other one, 'unreachable', is *62*+353587nnn nnnn# . Test this by turning phone off or selecting airplane mode on your phone, then ring it from another phone.

Yes, I called my own phone number from my own phone. To get over the probability that this is treated as a "busy" call I have set forwarding to operate when busy, or when unreachable.

I then repeated the test of calling from my own number and it again fails to get voicemail.

I also got a call from an external number which I left to ring out unanswered. I called back and confirmed the call had not gone to voicemail.

I will test unreachable later by setting phone to "airplane", and getting someone to ring me, (but I'm not hopeful).

Looks to that the phone has totally turned off Voicemail for some unknown reason.

Try ringing you voicemail no, 087 5 nnn nnnn, you should get the voicemail greeting, ' you have reached the voicemail mail of 087 nnn nnnn etc'. You can then leave yourself message. If its not activated, you should contact support, care@anpostmobile.ie or ring support no. 0818 789 789 early at start of business.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Is it possible to port my number to An Post Mobile after you have got the SIM ?

I got a SIM to make sure I had decent coverage as we are in a bad coverage area and Vodafone was always better so I thought I'd give An Post a try.

I got the SIM and it's been working well, but I then rang customer services to see about porting my number and the said I had to get another SIM and select the option to use my existing number.

Surely that can't be right and I can just port my existing number over ? Or is this how An Post handle it ??

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Cork981

Correct that seems to be how PM and Vodafone port numbers.

You get a “blank” SIM card with no number assigned and port your number over.

Eir and Three are different you could port a number over to a SIM/Account years after it is activated.

Post edited by Cork981 on

You'll get a free month when you port over so you won't loose out. Best to go to a post office to do it

The only difference to VF is longer ping times on data but I've found speeds are comparable.

Don't forget to do auto topup to get 31 days per month

Thanks deezell, Just to update you on the latest events in this tale.

I had previously rang my Voicemail number 087 5 nnn nnnn, and got the sign off tones, (same result as ringing "171" or long pressing "1".

On Monday 14/11/2022 I repeated for completeness, rang 087 5 nnn nnnn. Same negative result.

I then tried the Support number 0818 789 789 and gave up after 6 minutes on hold.

I wrote all the details in a email to care@anpostmobile.ie sent on 14/11/2022.

No reply to date.

I'll let you know if I get any reply.

Probably come back to it next week if no progress.

Cheers, anzio33.

I found that the only way to get a response from the support no. was to ring exactly at the opening of business, 9.00am I think. I rang a few times just before and got the recorded hours of business message, then I called at exactly 9.00, and spoke to a real person. Sounded like they were working from home in their pyjamas though, but helpful to a point. A visit to a post office with postmobile service sorted my sim card problem, I reckon they might have access to voice mail configuration also.

• Advertisement

I got on the phone to the Anpost Helpdesk at 9.08 Monday morning and got a human after a short delay.

Person checked & said voicemail looked set up already. She said she'd get engineer to delete it and set it up again.

I tested by ringing "171" again after lunch and it went through to Voicemail setup.

Success,

However I also got a message to say I had used 45Gb of Data so I parked up my phone until Fri 25th when my auto-Topup was due.

This came through Fri morning but seems from checking with " *200# ", Data added is only 30Gb rather than 50Gb??

Today my Data Balance is down to 25.5Gb. This will be a problem by the next topup as I mostly use the mobile as a Wi-Fi base for PC browsing.

I will "keep the situation under review".

Cheers, Anzio33.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,030 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

I notice when ring my OH I get no "ringing" ring tone when their phone is ringing. Whats all that about. Have I turned something off.

"Today my Data Balance is down to 25.5Gb"

The €15 plan allowance was halved in October. It's now 25GB.

The 30GB probably includes 5GB rollover

We all got a text about the change. Top up by 18 if you want 120Gb.

Plus side is roaming has increased to 25Gb

If you've used your 25GB before your 28 days or calendar month, I assume you can just top up ahead of time by €15 and reset your 25GB. Haven't tried it, but the halving of data was definitely designed to hamstring hot spotting for home Internet. Btw, Virgin doing unlimited CT&D for €10/month for a year. €25 thereafter. They're on Three.

Even 50 wouldn't be enough for home use. I think they just expect us all to change to 18 euro.

I tried a 48 sim again and compared to PM,poor data speeds. You'd get full bars, 4G but obvious throttling. In fairness to PM, good speeds come through.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭coolperson05

Hi all,

I feel this was asked before, but looking for an update. Some good Vodafone offers online for pre pay, does anyone know can you just insert your Post Mobile sim and use it? No unlocking required? Network on Post Mobile actually reads Vodafone. Just thought someone might have first hand experience this.

Yes I have now looked back and found the text message notice 6/11/22 of reduction to 25GB for 15Eu. My bad.

No way I'm giving them 18Eu per month. I was on Tescomobile and got by with their miserable 15Gb. When they with reduced that to 10Gb I had to top it up before the end of the month, so I jumped ship to anpost. I can't see them rack renting much further.

I've a new question which is: does PostMobile do Vodafone style add-ons?

The question was asked in-thread

@pg 8 ; 10/3/2021 ; 11:45pm ,

& @pg 10 ; 13/6/2021 ; 9:31.

There's a list of Vodafone add-ons on pg 11: 16/6/2021 ; 6:53pm .

But no definitive answer in-thread, nor any reference in the PostMobile website to what, or if, add-ons are available.

• Advertisement

No bundles other than your own 28day/monthly bundle. You can top up by €18 to renew the bundle, for everything thing else it will come from non bundle topup, say €10, and all non bundle services such as international calling and non EU roaming, and additional data over bundle limits.

https://www.anpost.com/Mobile/International-and-roaming-rates.

You don't want to use Data in non EU countries under any circumstances, as the rate is €6.15 per Mbyte, so a tenner topup wouldn't open a typical webpage. I don't see any way of buying data when abroad from anpost.

Advertisement