Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secondary schools Leixlip

• 09-11-2022 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello friends,

We are looking to book a house in Leixlip. We have a 12 year old and he will be starting secondary school next year. Does anyone have any feedback on the secondary schools Colaiste Chiarain and Confey Community College?

Thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Can't say much about Colaiste Chiarain as I've had no interaction with it really. I would however, be quite positive about Confey College.

One of mine is still there and the other just finished with an excellent Leaving Cert. Their teachers were brilliant leading up to the LC with some going way beyond their call. However, I know that they would have done poorly in science in the JC were it not for my assistance. It was one particular teacher who may be brilliant at teaching but in my opinion probably should be teaching in a university and not a school. Nonetheless, I've very happy with Confey College. Academic, physical and social aspects were/are positive for my kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 prejay

Hi Seth

Thank you so much. Most people I have spoken to have good things to say about Confey College, but I have had no feedback on Colaiste Chirarain. We would be mostly living in their catchment area and would be mostly selected by that school. So I would be interested to know about Colaiste Chiarain. Most people I speak to strangely dont have much information on that school.

Advertisement