Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭thomil

Hey everyone. Sorry I missed the coffee offer, had loads of stuff on my work desk that needed sorting. Looks like the layoff chaos over here is abating, which is a relief. Either way, off to sort the last few reports and then sort out the laundry before lunch...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Netflix. More correspondence this morning making my work move seem more tangible

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

That's great news Grem , we're all rooting for you.

Could you serve slightly earlier tomorrow morning Tia.😛

Wednesday done, not a bad day, can smell the weekend approaching, the weeks are flying by, first day without pelting rain here in ages, it's all good. 😁

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Mini date effort with herself. Busy day tomorrow then back to the coalface Friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Exactly how I feel when someone wants to zoom unexpectedly 🤣

Also true.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Omg..the pic could literally be my little lady, her twin 🥰

@Gremlinertia have a great night!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

I'm still getting my ass handed to me by this cold. I have deadlines. The situation is seriously harshing my mellow.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Finishing off work for another day, busy but glad to have got a lot done.

OH is awaiting critical cardiac test results due on Friday so playing the waiting game here...fingers crossed! 🙏🙏🤞🤞🤞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Really hope all will be well for OH Kid.

I'm trying to write an article on stonewalling but after a day of meetings at the Santander Chamber of Commerce and working in a cafe, the words aren't flowing. It is due tomorrow. 😭

Stonewalling, right, building fences in the west of ireland, fighting for gay rights or business cock block?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,166 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I hit the tech desk at 7am this morning with intent. I really needed to blow the creative cobwebs away. Struggled for an hour or so and then exploded back into the form, I'm normally in. So glad and relieved. I despise churning out complacent work. Broke for lunch with Mrs G who dished up soup and homemade brown bread with apple pie and cream for afters. Back to the grind after that and finished with a flourish at 9pm. Ahead of the game for the morning. Looking forward to my dinner now and the leaba. Very tired after mixing it all up with Ms Gs Junior Cert/teenage drama. But I made her a promise to watch some Star Wars stuff this weekend with lots of goodies. The corporate pricks that pay the bills have to give way to family sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,166 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I've had a better day creatively. I know we're in different fields but when it stops or becomes difficult my head gets seriously wrecked, especially when the money depends on it. Best of luck!

Ouch, hope you can kick your writer's block where it hurts, Witchie. Nothing worse than being stonewalled by your own head. I may or may not have phrased it that way on purpose 😉 Seriously though, all the best. Fingers are crossed for you here.

Tableside, just finished with a spot of writing for my blog. Now looking forward to a bit of journalling and then bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,165 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Good morning all, who wants coffee, standard hotel stuff unfortunately.

I'll have one Smurf, drop of milk, no sugar, some toast with loads of butter too , too kind.😁

Another wet and very windy morning here, waiting for the alarm to go off, not able.

Thursday at least.

Thank God it's Thursday. Friday is getting ever closer 😃😃

Feeling much better today. Still tired as all hell though...

• Advertisement

Mudderagawd my back is murder and off course I've stuff to do..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,165 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

There is a movie/TV award thing going on in this hotel so im surrounded by some very beautiful people, problem is that I have no idea who any of them are :)

This is your moment to paparazzi Smurf 😅

It's probably the boards.ie annual get together. We is only gorgeous.

Loads of meetings today

Don't know whether I've shared this before, but it fits just too damn well 😁

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcuP3VLFj70

Phew, had an all hands meeting, looks like job ok for this year anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I’m off on my travels, will be leaving in 2 weeks and won’t be back till next January, Won’t be home for Christmas 🎅

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭gifted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Put on the radio in the car on the way home this evening.

Fairytale of New York was playing.

🤬🤬🤬

To thine own self be true

Advertisement