Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U.N Cuban Blockade Vote

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭timmyntc

The US stop precisely zero cargo ships from landing in Cuba, nor do they have the power to do so. They present shipping companies with a choice though, and the shipping companies and entities make their choice as they see fit.

Lol how disingenuous. They forbid ships from docking in US ports if they service Cuba within the last 180 days. The mental gymnastics at play here to try justify the embargo is hilarious.

Yawn, yes we get it. Those dang autocrats in Cuba. Nevermind the autocratic behaviour in the US (such as their Cuba related foreign policy, which as you said does not take US popular vote or opinion into consideration). How dare the Cubans not shape their society and government in the way the US wants it. Better make it incredibly difficult for them to trade with the outside world then!

You lot are hardcore international relations realists when it comes to Russian scumbaggery, but suffer a brainfade when you see a textbook case of realist (and non lethal) foreign policy implemented by the US.

haha, who are "you lot"?

As for "realist" foreign policy implemented by the US, is a policy that has been voted against by a UN majority for over 30years "realist" to you? Because to me that sounds like a policy that is profoundly unreasonable.

Or maybe its just all the other UN delegates who are wrong, couldn't possibly be the US 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

"You lot" are the resident Putin fluffer unit. Every excuse in the book peddled for Kremlin and Russian widespread murder and the shattering of the European peace, and absolute foghorns about things like the Cuban economic embargo that is the right and preserve of every foreign nation to impose if they see fit.

Once again, the US prevents precisely zero ships from docking in Cuba. Entities are free to service trade between third countries and Cuba at any stage. There's nothing stopping an entrepreneurial Chinese (or any other third country) company from shipping to Cuba. The problem is the Cuban economy is a basket case 1960s centrally planned joke, so it's not worth their while.

There is no such thing as "autocrat" US behaviour. It has its issues, but the US from top to bottom is one of the most democratic in the world, often to the point of parody. The Cuban embargo is imposed on a bipartisan basis, and US citizens have the chance to change that if they see fit. They haven't, and blockhead Oliver Stone types need to reconcile themselves with that as soon as they get over their Putin pecadillo.

Edit: I overestimated you in thinking you knew what realist means when it pertains to international relations theory. Hit the books for a while and get back to me then.

"You lot" are the resident Putin fluffer unit. Every excuse in the book peddled for Kremlin and Russian widespread murder and the shattering of the European peace,

Examples?

The entirety of you contributions on the Russia thread and your fellow travelers.

Prime-time Mick Wallace nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,509 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

wrong thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,415 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

So you cant actually point to any? Just a false characterization of me and "my fellow travellers" whoever they are 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 82,509 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I was so confused on the other end too when I couldnt find it again thanks.

If you're looking for a dancing monkey , you're interacting with the wrong poster.

Your contributions in that thread are boilerplate Mick Wallace gunge. And you know it, you just get uncomfortable having it pointed out to you.

Your contributions on this thread are entirely consistent with the above.

if you cant provide any proof for your assertion, maybe you shouldnt assert things to be true when they are infact false.

All my contributions to this thread have been backed up with evidence about the US laws governing trade restrictions in relation to Cuba, you have provided... nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

This is all bizarrely disingenuous. The US used its outsized influence to, in effect, create a blockade around Cuba. they could simply stop US trade but they go far beyond that in punitive measures. And there is no justifiable reason for it beyond domestic politics in the US

It is simply bullying by a massive power on a regional minnow for kicks.

Your Putin nonsense is deeply irrelevant. If Russia were trying to enforce such provisions in regional states you’d be losing your nut over it I suspect.

The entirety of your contributions in the Russia thread. /game over

Prize-Kremlinite excuse making guff.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

This is not the Russia thread and you are the only one trying to bring unrelated events in Eastern Europe into it.

I'd say having an autocratic state that has been a willing proxy to stated enemy states of the US off the coast of America is a pretty good reason.

And before you say it, there's a material ethical and moral difference. The Kremlin attempts economic coercion against democratic and reforming states like Georgia, Ukraine and now the entire EU, to coerce them into the dead hands of their declining rotten oligarchy.

The US has sealed off access to American capital and markets to an autocratic communist sh*tbox. Cuba want access to American goodies and capital to sustain their autocracy and fossilised oppressive political system.

I know what side I'm on, you do not. I don't prevaricate and attempt moral relativism with the two situations. They are not the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭lizzyjane

You talk some absolute nonsense Burt, but its not surprising, your too far gone for any sort of reasoned debate on the issue.

Continue to try and defend the indefensible, your in the dark, alone on this issue like the Americans are and you have to fabricate falsehoods and hurl childish digs at posters because you have lost the debate and embarrassed yourself.

For a communist shitbox of a country, it has a lower infant mortality rate, higher life expectancy than the U.S and has free healthcare to all its citizens. Not bad for a third world country that has been under constant threat of war and invasion by the hawks in Washinghton.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

Its under constant threat of invasion, how many assassination attempts was there on Castro's life from the C.I.A, they've invaded countries thousands of miles from their borders so the Cubans would be right to be wary, as history can learn you from the utter devastation Washington has caused already in Latin America.

Latin America gets on fine killing themselves on their own. Why do you think they are fleeing to the USA.

• Advertisement

2.8 million Ukrainians have fled to Russia whats your point?

lol. 😀 that include the kidnaped children ?

And there we have it folks, the tapeworm speaketh.

What a sad life these people lead. Brains fully hijacked by fascism, vomiting propaganda from murderers and creeps - and the very, very worst part is they actually think they are clever instead of the fact they are they dumbest creatures in whatever room they walk into.

"Everyone who doesn't agree with me is a fascist-robot-putin lover" lol change the record

Your deranged rants about the communists and mick wallace are convincing nobody (except of the fact you've got issues)

If you want to try defend the indefensible blockade on Cuba, why not back it up with evidence that emotive rants? Right now you come across very Trump-esque (a man who felt the same as you do and actually increased sanctions on Cuba)

Do you think Trump did the right thing by increasing sanctions?

This is very simple, The Communist party of Cuba earned their relationship with the US. It's within their gift to change it, but the fossilized autocrats are more interested in keeping their boots on the necks of the Cuban people.

Just about their only weapon are the low-IQ idiots in the West who are partial to edgy Che Guevara t-shirts. Congratulations, you've become the spokesperson for geriatric autocratic communists who would have you thrown in jail in a heartbeat for speaking your mind. Did you ever wonder how you got here Timmy?

And by the way, you took umbrage at my reply to a poster vomiting absolute grade-A filth Kremlin propaganda about Ukrainians leaving for Russia, over a million of whom (perhaps more) were forcibly transferred. Yet you remain silent on a poster peddling filth propaganda from murderers. It shows you where you've landed in life.

And by the way, you took umbrage at my reply to a poster vomiting absolute grade-A filth Kremlin propaganda about Ukrainians leaving for Russia, over a million of whom (perhaps more) were forcibly transferred. Yet you remain silent on a poster peddling filth propaganda from murderers. It shows you where you've landed in life.

What the hell are you on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,415 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Yet you remain silent on a poster peddling filth propaganda from murderers.

Where is this filth propaganda from murderers?

Also you characterise my opposition to US sanctions on Cuba as being Kremlinite and other such pejoratives - what do you say about the massive UN majority who also oppose US sanctions on Cuba - for over 30years infact? Are they all in the pocket of the kremlin too?

• Advertisement

User posts filth chummying up the forcible movement of millions of Ukrainians to Russia (most notably hundreds of thousands of unaccompanied children), but you stay silent and are busy as a bee getting bent out of shape about what I posted.

You were either ignorant to what he posted or chose to ignore it because it's inconvenient to your low-rent Mick Wallace impression, but either way your skull is hijacked. Sort yourself out.

Advertisement