Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Yes attention seekers.

Some Irish people have such a self loathing that anything English is better than Ireland.

Another TA People who don't have their own minds and do things because their parents did. Politicians and religious I am looking at you. Use your own head ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Why is it like solving a cryptic crossword to find out the support acts for gigs these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Incessant TV flickers. Just pick something and watch it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

People telling the world they are quitting Twitter…..yet they do not leave

It’s attention seeking tbh and I’ve seen it a lot this week

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

The world is trying to kill me today.

I was bringing my little girl to school this morning and crossing the road on a green man a van tried to drive straight though the lights as we were in the middle of the road. He slammed on at the last second.

Later I was again crossing at a green man and a big Audi went straight though the red light in front of me and a Kawasaki motor bike went through the red just behind me.

Should I stay home tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Earworms. Grrrr.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Maybe wear a hi-viz vest, flashing lights and carry a whistle? It would be a start, anyway...

Post edited by New Home on

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

You're talking to yourself! 🤣

Mod: Nothing to see, here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Did you quote the wrong post? That must be trivially annoying...😂

Mod: I do not know to what you're referring. *whistles nonchalantly*

• Advertisement

Once again, I do not know to what you are referring. *whistles nonchalantly*

Yeah, that's shocking awful behaviour!

I'm just annoyed that I haven't gone to bed yet. I was trying to convince myself to go before 11 for once, but here I am...wasting time on the internet while listening to Einsturzende Neubauten.

If it's any consolation, I'm here remembering a TA from last Friday in the shops - the idiot who decided it'd be a good idea to plonk his full bag of shopping on the conveyor belt on top of the kiwis I was just buying...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I've had it up to here with selfish and aggressive drivers lately. Yesterday eve when walking the dog I was forced onto the road by some gobshite trying to park up on the path. I done my best Dustin Hoffman impression from Midnight Cowboy and screamed "I'm walking here!!!" at him.

Just a few minutes before before that some surly looking galoot stopped dead in front of me to light up a cancer stick. I couldn't get past him fast enough so the filthy smoke wouldn't blow back on top of myself and my dog. These big galoots always seem to look the same. They're between the ages of 40 and 60, are normally between 6ft 2 and 7ft in height with big farmer physiques and usually have bald patches or receding hairline peninsulas, fleece jackets, horrendously badly fitting bootcut jeans and garish design runners which were popular among teens back in the '90s.

Aah, I feel good after that rant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭AxleAddict

I'm not sure if I'm more surprised than TA'ed, or TA'ed that I'm surprised - its just such a mix of emotions. I was in my local supermarket, one of those with gently sloped travelators/escalators for both shoppers and shopping trolleys - where the wheels on the shopping trolley fit into the grooves on the escalator to keep them in place and stop them moving. Well, I was standing behind this fella with a trolley as we were heading up onto the main shopping floor and clearly the speed at which the escalator was moving wasn't enough for this bright spark so he lifted the entire empty trolley up into the air in front of him and marched up the remaining part of the escalator - plonked the trolley down at the far end and started his shop. This manoeuvre must've saved him....oh...a good 5-6 seconds on his supermarket visit. I really, REALLY wish I'd had time to grab my phone and take a photo, but I'm sure you've all managed to conjure up a picture in your own heads! The mind boggles!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

It's been said before, but drivers who brake before they indicate. Die, all of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,936 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Yodel , or rather the email they send you before a delivery. This item needs to be signed for and can’t be left in your safe place . No ? You can dump it on my front door step.!!Any way i got it.

TA is my took my magic blue pill to guarantee a night’s sleep. Queue me waking up at 1.30 pm 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Does that one not have you “up” all night?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

That I can’t quote @New Home to play this https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KkAQK6QqqVs

• Advertisement

No , must be a different blue pill . This one is to help you sleep, only 😡

Drivers who don't bother to indicate at all. It's hardly mentally or physically exerting so I can only assume they're assholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

People that drive around oblivious to the lack of sunlight driving with no lights on. Hey, you're not that popular mate, they're flashing at you for a reason

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Coming home this evening, spotted movement at the side of road. A man walking with a child aged about 3 or 4. Dressed in black, no hi-viz or torch.

I felt like getting out and having a rant.

Or the ones that drive around with a bulb gone you know aren't going to bother to change it until the NCT

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭thehairygrape

So there I was, stopping for a ciggie on a public footpath, contemplating my sartorial elegance and my latest attempt at a combover, when this guy walking a dog goes past muttering about people blocking his way. TA is right!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,296 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

That’s a thing has only been prevalent the last while. Is annoying though. Major TA.

i think it’s a case supports are lesser artists… then used to be the case. Usually industry luvvies or those in league / mates with the promoters now.

so advertising it less.

My TA….

these fûckin ‘here bro’ knuckleheads.

head into a barber all be it not my regular one, bit of a Q… about 5 people waiting… turns out these ‘here bro’ merchants are all there, just to wait for a single mate who is getting a haircut…none of them have had or are having a haircut.

every third sentence… ‘ here bro….’ ‘ here bro….’ ‘ here bro…. blahhh blahhh blahhhhhh ‘

sooooo…. What’s the story with these gobshîtes.. ‘here bro’ and then they all seem to be glued to each other’s skin.. can’t take a piss, get a haircut, or scratch themselves without their ‘here bro’ buddies… stapled to each other…. It’s weird…and they are annoying with their gobshitery

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Yes! I mentioned it to a guy one night, that one of his front lights was completely gone - I think he was driving into a carpark and parked beside me and I had noticed it as he was coming towards my car.

Eh, wha', oh yeah - he knew darn well.

As for people who don't make themselves visible, I have no words. I was driving a short journey on Sunday night. It was dark and raining. I lost track of all the people I (fortunately) saw who crossed roads just anywhere at all, both walking and cycling presumably their logic is that they can see the car lights so the driver must be able to see them, even though they are dressed in dark clothing from head to toe. .

As for drivers who will not put on their lights...AAAAAAAAARGH.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement