Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 16 - Transfer Thread for one week punts

Options
  • 08-11-2022 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,674 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Wilson or Mitrovic to Darwin/Firmino maybe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭shmeee

Something similar I'm thinking - Alvarez to Nunez. Leave me the pool triple up then; Salah, Firmino and Nunez.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,259 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Need a keeper, have Raya away to City and Iversen so I'll do Iversen to Alisson

• Registered Users Posts: 15,603 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Is Perisic gonna play as a forward again this week I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,263 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Cancelo isnt suspended which is great. Surely Haaland will start. Triple captain tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Last weeks disastrous punt of DCL to Nunez

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,674 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Wonder will Southampton get the new manager bounce this week? Feels like its happened most new managers this season so far

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

I don't think haaland will play so might bring Kane in for him and make him captain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭LostArt

Richarlison is back in training so probably not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Will likely do Wilson & Foden to Kane & any 4.3 mid. You'd think that Spurs would put a couple past that leaky Leeds defence. Though Justin being injured throws a potential spanner in the works.

I'm going to punt some spurs players, stylistically leeds are a great match up for them.

Absolutely no idea who yet though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,130 ✭✭✭✭CSF

It’s a tricky one for me. I genuinely have no obvious moves (a symptom of dead ending into the unlimited with a threemium of De Bruyne/Salah/Haaland)

Pope/Ward: I could do Pope to Alisson and Alisson definitely has the higher expected points, but it doesn’t feel that sexy, with Liverpool still being a bit off defensively and Southampton having a new coach. Pope’s chances against Chelsea feel high enough to hold, even if Chelsea are never a good fixture no matter the current form of both teams.

Cancelo/Trippier/White: Feel like obvious avoids for a move out. All great shouts this week

Neco Williams: I’ve only .8 in the bank so 4.9 doesn’t feel like an obvious budget for a sexy one week move. I’m not ruling out a move to Konate which would see me benching Bailey, but again, Liverpool defensive doubts are definitely a thing.

Doherty: I’m quite disappointed to be .1 short for Perisic because it absolutely feels sexy enough. Gabriel is the affordable alternative and might just be the way to go. It’s high on my list of transfer options.

Salah/De Bruyne/Martinelli: I’m obviously not getting rid of these for a 1 week move unless team news comes out

Bailey: Not much that can be done with 5.3 really.

Rashford: I’m .1 short of Zaha so the obvious move would be out of the question. Don’t see any other upgrades

Haaland: Wouldnt move even if he was confirmed out

Solanke/Archer: There’s nothing even remotely appealing at 6.5 or below in the striker bracket

Feels like that unless there is team news that someone I wanted to keep isn’t starting, I’m almost tied to a Doherty to Gabriel move, unless there’s a better move I haven’t thought of, that someone else sees?

Would leave me with a conundrum of whether to start Trippier or Bailey (leaning towards the latter).

On another note, I’m feeling like the lack of huge upside moves has me more than willing to risk a server crash in terms of team news. The potential gains from finding out KDB is benched for example seem much bigger than having to play one of Bailey or Trippier off your bench instead of Gabriel.

Is that something others are working into the timing of their Saturday morning strategy also?

He started up top tonight according to LiveScore, spurs full team out so subs may indicate who will be fit to start at the weekend

Nothing much to add in the way of advice on teams but if going for a early team news move, make sure you have the app because apparently you can get access to the game when the servers crash.

Also If you are super organised and on PC you could open a load of tabs and have the different moves youd make ready to go on different ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Med101007

I see Foden didn't have any involvement in tonight's League Cup game, so surely he's nailed on for starting at the weekend against Brentford.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Really like the look of Mitoma, scored again tonight. Tempted for this week and he might make my wc team. Brighton look like they are going to score plenty of goals under RDZ.

Have the app which for me my transfers done at the weekend (and ended up on roughly the same points I’d have been without the transfers)

I don’t think there are clear conclusions to be made from it. He is clearly in the bad books. He may well play on Saturday, but I still wouldn’t look at tonight as being a rest. How tired can he be having not started a premier league game since the Liverpool game on the 16th October?

As a Villa fan, I was impressed with how we were set up under Emery in the first game. The only goal conceded was a freak OG and didn’t give up too many big chances apart from that.

Yeah ye looked solid alright, that is the one thing putting me off Brighton players this week.

I don’t think it’s the place to look for punts for a haul. I certainly don’t see Villa keeping a clean sheet but don’t think it’ll be a high scoring game either. I’d certainly be starting the Brighton guys if I had them but I don’t think I’d transfer for a 1 week punt, considering the preferable fixtures other teams have.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭LostArt

Have the exact cash for Mitro to Firminho so I'll probably go for that. If I was brave I'd get Djed Spence in as he was the only player that looked like doing anything for us last night

• Registered Users Posts: 11,239 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Looking at Firmino & Mitrovic out

Darwin and Solanke in

Feels a bit sideways but Firmino has got me 4 x 2 pointers.

Darwin Nunez has 14 points in 4 games (didn't play 1 game) Feels like his ceiling is a bit higher as well.

Not convinced by it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Could do Murphy to Rashford/Trossard, and switch to 3-4-3.

Or, Mitro to Nunez.

If I knew Mitro was 100% fit to play, I'd prob keep him. Reckon he could do well against United.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,239 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Have exactly enough for Toney to Darwin. Don't fancy sitting through that game with no Pool cover.

I think Darwin is the perfect example for a 1 week punt. Not reliable going forward but serious upside for this week.

I don’t know how to view Liverpool against Southampton this week. Should I be looking at Konate as my 1 week transfer rather than Gabriel? I’d say he has just as much attacking threat from set pieces to be honest.

Yeah I have a feeling Wolves will score as well. New manager bounce and last home game before wc. Though of course Saints have the new man in now too. Are there no mids or forwards that interest you for a punt?

Wolves don’t have the new manager in until after the World Cup, they’re in the same limbo they were in the last few weeks.

In terms of midfielders and strikers, I think Darwin and Zaha are great options but I can’t move to them without getting rid of one of Salah, Haaland or De Bruyne. I deadended with a threemium that I won’t keep after the World Cup unlimited, but it means I’ve been working with Bailey, Pereira, Solanke and Martinelli, who have done great for their price, but don’t lend themselves to sexy 1 week transfers.

Im fairly destined to move a goalkeeper or a defender and while I can have any keeper, I’ve only a 5.4 budget to work with at the back.

• Advertisement

While it's not sexy, Stones at 5.4 could be nice and steady. Probably pick up 6 points.

I was gonna go for Perisic myself but Sessegnon might be out now, which means Perisic might have to play in his usual LWB slot instead.

Advertisement