Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domestic Solar PV Quotes 2022 - No PM requests - See Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭idc

Given thats a hybrid inverter does that quote include a battery or not ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

That's a no, the Huawei gear is good but restrictive on battery options.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Barkley1977

No battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭con747

It should be under 8k with no battery. If your not getting a battery why the hybrid inverter? If you are intending getting a battery I would get a different brand than Huawei. Also if you can fit more panels and can afford them do it now and make sure you future proof the inverter size if you intend expanding down the line.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Barkley1977

Hi do you mind pm me the company please and thank

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6 thames582

Hi - Got a quote I'm happy with (5.6KW, no battery, Solis inverter, 14 panels, 7K after grant). However the panels are Leapton and I was wondering if anyone had any experience of them? The company also offers Jinko but they've specced Leapton ones - they seem fine on paper (25 year warranty on power output) but there is scant information about them. Does it make any difference if the warranties are similar?

As long as they are Tier 1 it doesn't really make much difference if the specs are ok afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Can I get opinions on a quote please. I requested a large hybrid inverter to add to the system in future.

10×410w Jinko panels

6kw Solis inverter with wifi dongle and all associated works

€6500 after grant (Customer to get own BER)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 paulom

Hi

Can I get an opinion on the below quotes please.

I presume people will advise against Huawei?

Vendor 2 is suggesting Eddi and battery, does that make sense?

Is there any benefit to 410w panels versus 370w panels other than less panels for approx 4kw system?

Thanks a million.

Vendor 1

Install 10 No. 410W Jinko Solar Panels (4.10 kWp)

Supply & Install Sofar HYD-ES 4000 inverter and Sofar GTX4000 5.12kWh battery

€14,768.70 - 2400 = €12,368

Vendor 2

12 x 370w JA panels Monocrystalline = 4kwp system

1x 5kw Solis inverter with wifi dongle 

1 x 5.1kwh Dyness battery 

1 x Eddi

€12,500 - 2400 = €10,100

Vendor 3

Solar Panels - PEIMAR 4.44 kW Total Solar Power 12 x 370 Watt Panels (OR6H370M (FB)) 3,798 kWh per year

Inverter Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. 4 kW Total Inverter Rating 1 x SUN2000-4KTL-L1

Battery Huawei 5 kWh Total Battery Storage 1 x Luna2000-5-S0

€15,500 - 2400 = €13,100

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 JoeBillyBob

sorry... just want to vent

I am giving up on installing solar - having contacted over 20 installers the market is screwed at the moment - maybe things will change and i will re-visit the idea next year - but it will probably be even more over-priced... who knows.

My plan was to have 16 panels + inverter - the cheapest quote i have is €11,400 - the most expensive €15,600

With solar I would estimate saving €750 / year - so at these inflated prices the payback stretches out to 10 - 15 + years - which no longer makes sense.

Solar is not worth is at any price - and dont believe the numbers that the sales people throw at you - make sure to do your own calculations before evaluating any quotes.

Would you mind showing how you worked out payback figures?

You need to elaborate more on the system and if grant has been deducted from those prices so people can give an opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 thames582

To be honest I was of the same mind - they're obviously busy at the moment and some of them were throwing around crazy prices but if you look at the spreadsheet Boards.ie - Solar Capacity and production analysis - Google Drive you can see people getting in around the €1,000-€1,300 per kWh which is about average. The bigger installers seem to be more competitive - but the wait list is 3-4 months now.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Abromavich

Missing out on the next 3 months wouldnt really matter as Nov/Dec/Jan are the worst returns for producing energy for solar. If you got set up in Feb early march then I wouldnt mind waiting. You wont really miss much with the measly winter returns. My installion wont be until end of Jan/ early Feb as there is a long waitlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 1234abcdefg

Name:

Equipment:

400 W Solar Panel - 10 Panels

Hybrid Inverter

Hot water diverter

Van Der Valk Roof Mounting

Isolators, Cabling, Switchgear etc,

€ 9,000.00          Cost.

€ 2,400.00          SEAI Grant

€ 6,600.00          Final Cost.

ECO PLUS Pack (With Battery)

Name:

Equipment:

400 W Solar Panel - 10 Panels

Solar Hybrid Inverter

Back up Battery 5kw

Van Der Valk Roof Mounting

Hot water diverter

Isolators, Cabling, Switchgear etc

€ 13,500.00 Cost

€  2,400.00 SEAI Grant

€ 11,100.00 Final Cost to Customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 1234abcdefg

Hi,

The forum is a great source of information. Thanks to all.. The constant checking for quotes while a novelty at the start is now painful. I'm dreaming about solar panels at this stage. What do you think of these quotes. At this stage I would just love to go ahead before I talk myself out of it. The battery is 5kWh,

The Panels are Longi or Sharp, battery and inverter Huawei. I may go to 15 panels which would add approx 2k onto the price. Thanking you in advance.

First quotes not bad, if you got that system and added a 5kwh battery it shouldn't cost anymore than €2600 at the most bringing the cost of it to €9200 saving nearly 2k against quote 2.

Seems to be a lack of responses to quotes here lately? Is Facebook winning out?

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Moreilly

What's the opinion on this quote !

20 x 400w longi panels

6kw Solis Hybrid inverter 

Hot water diverter 

Roof mounting equipment 

BER Certification 

Online monitoring to see each day exactly what your system is producing

10,400 after grant (works out roughly just under 1300 per kWh if the Eddi is taken out of the equation....

• Advertisement

Probably it is, this Boards.ie thing is very restricted. People want answers and information quickly.

What's the best Facebook group to look for now. Or any new ones of interest?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Do you plan on adding a battery down the line? If not, you might be able to save a few hundred euro by swapping the hybrid inverter for a string inverter.

That system is quite large and will generate a 40-50kWh a day in summer if all south facing. Have you got an EV or somewhere to put all that generation?

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Moreilly

Asked for a hybrid inverter as I'll probably add a pylontech battery next year if I have the funds, I have a EV so I'll put as much as possible into that as well

Luckily all panels should fit on one side of the roof which is bang on south facing! :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Crack on then. Check out the installer's references etc and pay your deposit.

No idea about the best Facebook group, joined one just for information but this is where I got my advice and guidance for my install. You were part of that so thanks. If someone can look at the quote @Ginger83 has above I would be grateful, I can't because I gave advise via pm and would be biased!

Bite their hand off if it checks out, great price under the conditions these days.

A relatively small system means that cost per kWp is always going to be higher. Have you any more capacity (both financial and roof space) to stretch to 12 or 14 panels? I imagine you'll start to see a more competitive quotes then. If you are at capacity and have no prospect of expanding the system in future, you might save €200 by going with a 5kW inverter.

Thanks. I reckon 18-20 panels will fit on the front of the house which faces south/slightly south east but I asked for a quote based on our current budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭crisco10

If its the crowd from Enniskillen, (which I'm guessing it is) they're charging ~e400 per additional panel these days. So even adding 2 extra panels would bring you down to sub e1500 per kw installed. 4 more gets you to about e1400 per kw. Not bad, not great.

• Advertisement

Yes I have responded to his PM. I would say its a good quote that is good base to expand on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement