Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Airport - *Read Mod Note in First Post Before Posting*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭notAMember

I'm only now coping what you mean here.

Your carry on is being put into the hold... Have you got a BA executive club card? At blue level (entry) I think you might be able to avoid this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Ah yeah work pays for that anyway so I personally grand - it was just advice to the other Poster heading to AMS

• Registered Users Posts: 21,381 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Oh I understand your part, I'm more thinking of an aer lingus thing. I paid it when going to London for the exact reason you mentioned, not wanting to be stuck at a carousel. No brainer if the situation allows. But I don't know how AL monitor it whether you've paid for carry on or not. I strolled into Heathrowcoming home, onto the plane with the carry on when I hadn't paid it for return leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

Any sign of any Ryanair press conference at Cork? It is about time that the summer schedule is released. You can’t even book places like Liverpool or Birmingham from next April yet. I wonder what the hold up is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Yeah, they really are missing out on a lot of next summers bookings already. A lot of people, especially with families, book by now. I was trying to book accommodation for my family for next July over the weekend and accommodation availability is getting very tight in many resorts. If I want to book, for example, Majorca flights with Ryanair this morning, I can from Dublin or Shannon but not from Cork. Really putting Cork at a competitive disadvantage. People can't keep waiting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

The talks between aiport and ryanair re fees must be stalled. It must be a month or so now since ryanair announced their summer schedule for shannon. Airport is missing out on business with the delays

Movement today. Lots of FR routes now bookable from March including Rome going year round!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Tony Polster

Don't think they are bookable yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭DylanQuestion

Does anyone know what uptake of the Rome flights have been like so far?

Just looking now and Rome bookings stop in March

• Advertisement

They are up on the app for beyond March. But they are greyed out - you can’t book them yet. Same thing happened a couple of weeks ago for Bergamo but they were bookable after a few days. So I’d be pretty certain that Rome is going year round. Good news!

Had a look at Reus there on the app, does seem like it's coming back alright. Hopefully a launch and some form of cheap flights

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Shouldnt be too far off an offical announcement so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

Ryanair-Valencia stopped booking from March 23rd - that mean its stopping or just paused for Summer announcement ?

Just went on to check flights to Barcelona again and can book now

It will return from March. Up on app. Just not bookable yet

• Registered Users Posts: 31 fjr13

Valencia is available to book now.I notice increase in flights to Bordeaux, Girona,Palma,and Reus.Good news and that's before anticipated new routes announcement

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Looks like KLM have pulled the 6am AMS service until february 14th.

Anyone know if its going to be kept past then? Ive a 15 odd bookings on it over the next while!

Saw that, feckidy feck feck.

I use AMS as a hub usually, so I'll reroute using the 7am LHR flights. That flight was always jammed though, surprised it's gone. Especially as the Aer Lingus one a few mins later is gone too .

Since when is the arrlingus one gone????? Ive booked that for AMS???

• Advertisement

Ah you're right! It's back. I was sure that was dropped a while back (did I dream that!), and I swapped to KLM from AL at the time. Now it's back when I checked there. I can't keep up with the constant shifts in schedules.

When I look back over the routes I've taken in 2022, scrambling to get around flights and routes changing all the time, it's definitely been hassle. I remember one Thursday, buried in work, getting an alert on the phone that my upcoming flight is canceled, but good news, the proposed new one has something completely mental like a connection involving changing from heathrow to london city airport in 90 mins at 5pm on a Friday. And I can't quite figure out if it's the flight the next morning, or next week, or the week after from the message. "Your upcoming flight". Grr.

I could in theory book work travel out to June / July next year, but I stopped doing it more than a month in advance because it was so changeable. I wonder if it's more than me doing that, as booking numbers from business travel might affect demand forecasts?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Its a thundering pain, the only AMS flight with KLM now is around midday, a curse connecting in both directions.

There are huge gaps in the airport departure’s schedule still. Yesterday, there was a flight to Manchester at 10:40, and then nothing leaves the airport until the next London flight at 12:30 .

What a waste of ground staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Shannon have a departure to Boston at 1:30pm today and the following departure is to London at 5:30pm. The gaps are a feature of life in regional airports especially in the shoulder season

• Registered Users Posts: 12,505 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Surprised Tenerife is still one flight per week next summer, they always seems full

• Registered Users Posts: 31 fjr13

Ryanair haven't officially released their summer 2023 schedule yet, so changes will occur. Gdansk and Poznan were showing at one per week until recently and have now reverted to 2pw as usual. Carcasonne, Venice , Alghero and Newcastle etc are still not available for next year.All will be hopefully revealed shortly , along with any new destinations.

Looks like KLM have removed the early morning service now until march 27th

Carcasonne, Venice , Alghero and Newcastle.

My guess is that we will be lucky to keep any of these. Ryanair have often introduced new routes for a year or two and then dropped them (eg Naples, Malta, Budapest). As for Newcastle, they announced summer service from Shannon a few weeks ago.

But I do think we might get some new destinations in the forthcoming announcement.

All guesswork of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭snotboogie

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Carcassonne has been a route ex Cork for many years now. It's a very useful airport for travelling to the South of France.

Advertisement