Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'm A Celeb 2022

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Be right back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Maybe it's my lack of English politics but they seemed a bit shocked he would be in there.

Anyone know what Boy George was referring to when say if his ( Georges) mother died he wouldn't be in there.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

He said that his Mum was in hospital during covid lockdowns and he couldn't go and visit her. So if she had died on her own, as so many did, that he wouldn't be able to stay in the same space as Matt Hancock.

The Irish government made mistakes during the pandemic but I think most Irish people feel they did their best and on the whole handled it well. The majority of the British people believe that the UK government completely mishandled it and Matt Hancock was health Secretary through it all. Then it came out that Boris and his mates partied while people's relatives died alone. Matt Hancock was caught on film carrying on with a work colleague - whilst preaching social distancing to the plebs. This is why the other celebrities are so angry with him. Also the fact, as Chris Moyles said, he is a sitting MP and should be at home doing his job - again, another crisis happening and instead of being there for his constituents, he's messing around in an Australian jungle.

British people are very angry with the Tories and he is a very high profile Tory

To answer my own question George said at the beginning of covid his mother was in hospital and he wasn't sure she would make it and he wasn't allowed in to see her. He contacted people using his name and wasn't allowed.

Thats what I can make of it anyway and she lived.

I'm guessing the guy broke the covid rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Will_I_Amnt

Hancock is trying too hard...it's not natural.

But you can't keep up a face for 3 weeks 24x7. In a couple of days is when we'll see the real person.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Will_I_Amnt

Difference is, the rest of them that are farting around in the jungle aren't getting a salary from the taxpayer during time spent farting around in the jungle!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭maximus15

It's obvious show bosses knew putting in Hancock would be like lambs to the slaughter and cause serious friction with other contestants. He is naive if he thought there wouldn't be contestants who wouldn't have been effected by covid and he knows well he is one of the main scapegoats in the government from covid debacle . I think they may warm to him in time tho, quicker than they wil to seann

Hancock did well last night, the others looked like bullies and I don't like that. This could well backfire on them all an Hancock could come out of this on top. I don't like the way its has been set up, the producers want to see him bullied, so does the media. Yet they are all about "be nice, be kind" and quickly forgot the lessons from Caroline Flack's death which they were responsible for, relentlessly hounding her. People are human beings. None of our politicians did a better job here with Covid (the longest lockdown in the world leading to a tsunami of Cancer diagnosis now!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭thefallingman

i totally agree on the bullying thing, even the papers today are rubbing their hands together. I don't agree about Caroline Flack, people forget she physically assaulted and could have killed her boyfriend while he slept, why she get's unwavering sympathy is beyond me, can you imagine a male celeb smashed a lamp over a womans head while she slept, he'd be in jail for years. She took the easy way out to avoid consequences.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

They are perfectly entitled to their opinion . The Tories are very unpopular in the UK at the minute . Hancock would be seen as letting his constituents down and letting many people down during the pandemic . Not something anyone will forget easily when Boris and Matt Hancock dithered around and showed no real leadership during a pandemic . While people couldn’t visit their loved ones dying in care home Hancock was snogging a member of his team in a corridor .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

Oh come on, there was nothing shown last night that came remotely close to bullying. Asking him why he came to the jungle, saying to his face that parliament is in session- what about this is bullying?

Hancock is directly responsible for many mistakes throughout the UK government’s handling of covid, that cost thousands of lives, and he seems more concerned with his own image than taking responsibility for any of that. He also doled out contracts to his mates, running to hundreds of millions of pounds. And now he’s getting £400k to go on this show, when he’s meant to be representing his constituents?

The whole thing is grotesque.

He was doing his job that he was voted in to do, he didn't create the coronavirus. As for the rest of your accusations, so basically he's a politician, what a shock ! The group picking on him and whispering behind his back is playground bullying, and i think it will turn public opinion on him, and his campmates. What boy george did to the rent boy is far worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Did Handcocks wife ever take him back after he went off with his secretary?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭Deeec

No idea - I hope she didnt take him back.

Seann Walsh and Hancock actually have alot in common - both were caught on camera cheating on their partners. Hopefully someone in camp brings it up with both of them.

I know, I completely understand that, and how some people might feel. I can see both sides. But while people couldn't go outside 5KM, couldn't visit relatives dying, couldn't give birth with partners present, our own policitians here were over in Connemara playing golf and having golf dinners.

• Advertisement

maybe you are right.... I guess I don't know enough about what was in her head so I am not going to comment at all..........except its easy for media and social media to target individuals regardless of the price they pay. I am not condoning what she did to her partner, that's a whole other story. We are all human is all I am saying. I don't want to derail this thread so I will stop here .

no that's a fair point Maggie i'm far from perfect myself, i feel sorry for Matt anyway and hope he does well tonight and wins stars i think that will help him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

She might be taking half of his half a million appearance fee 😂

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

i thought i read hancock is with the girl he cheated with, they are together now as far as i know

Hopefully she does get half of it. She deserves it after the way he behaved. As far as I remember the wife found out through the media!

• Advertisement

Yes our own were no angels but that fact doesnt make Hancock any better either .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Yea, not a single country, or single politician got Covid right, in reality no one could, so to blame Matt is laughable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭wyrn

It's fascinating that it was leaked and nothing happened except Matt torpedoed his marriage and job. How on earth did it get leaked. He was made a scapegoat. Far worse went on than him shacking up with his affair partner in the office and yet he's the only one that had any consequences. Even their current PM was part of the parties and he's just after getting the top job.

Also I hate that bloody stupid question - why did you go into the jungle. They all went in for the money, that's the bottom line. If there was no money, not one of them would be there.

I don't think much of the journalist. He's low hanging fruit. She never bothered about questioning the others in the same vein, especially Boy George. She'll be lauded for being tough on Matt. I did get really uncomfortable with her chat and the way the others have been talking about Matt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Poor Romeowen knows nothing about politics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

@wyrn well said 😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭AyeGer

Yeah I agree that far worse went on and those people should have faced consequences. i do feel sorry for his wife though - shes the one that really suffered. Finding out your husband is having an affair by seeing him snogging and groping a work mate is despicable.

I suspect Hancock knows his political career is over and he is trying to make some money before he disappears out of the limelight

I dunno . The public watch reality shows to get distraction from life and the difficulties they faced . I doubt the British public would be keen to once again be faced with remembering rough times that they need to forget for a few hours a night .

Scarlet is a smart one. I think she's aware how it came across last night but also I think she is empathetic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I shouldn't be surprised since its low brow telly, but that staged laughter in the background during every Ant and Dec segment is sooo annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭prunudo

I have a feeling the camp could mis read the publics opinion of Matt as the series progresses. Their shock and dislike of him being there might back fire on them.

Not half as annoying as Seannnn laughing after every single sentence anyone utters

I'm loving how quiet and calm Matt is being. I hate when people shriek and screech

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

I can see him growing in popularity yet……possible dark horse . An anti hero if you wish

Go on Matt !

The trials are tougher this year. This is not easy at all

Fair play to him

Not as hard as the ver ver scary pigeon in Wales last year !!!

• Advertisement

That was a tough one. Fair play to him. I think there'll be some surprised faces

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I can guarantee that self-appointed voice of the camp, the journalist one, who basically told him 7 stars wouldn't suffice this time, wouldn't have got through that task at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

At least Baba is addressing it to Matt's face instead of behind his back .

I've actually gone off Sue. She's a bit of a misery isn't she. She's bitching behind his back but not saying anything to his face. That's such a disappointment, I like Eileen.

He made me laugh!! But you grabbed her bootie man !!

God Matt Hancock is absolutely nailed that task ! Well done! While the others loll around the campsite whinging about him, saying he should be looking after his constituents. He's handling it very well, comes across as a genuine person.

• Advertisement

In the VT she saying fair play to him for getting the stars and all being eating. Owen is happy.

While her face said something else and like I like her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭prunudo

They're very naive if they think politicians work 24/7 for their constituents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I feel like the greatest thing that might ever happen to Matt Hancock's reputation is having that other guy in there at the same time. He's quite annoying: he could be a camp-mate of Hitler and you'd probably still give the Austrian a vote.

"Adolf's not too bad really - a bit strident maybe - but at least he doesn't laugh for no reason at everything."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

it would be hilarious if a contestant went in doing this kind of missions on their own without the show knowing or being part of it

What was the name of the Corrie start who was afraid of everything? Helen Flannigan?

Matt is going to become like her and get voted for everything. The difference being, he is taking it very much in his stride.

• Advertisement
Advertisement