Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U.N Cuban Blockade Vote

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭timmyntc

Last I checked this thread was about US embargo against Cuba, and UN's 30+ years of voting against it. Not Russia or Ukraine or whatever else. I didnt realise I was obligated to reply to every off topic post 🤣

You missed this part of my post yet again

Also you characterise my opposition to US sanctions on Cuba as being Kremlinite and other such pejoratives - what do you say about the massive UN majority who also oppose US sanctions on Cuba - for over 30years infact? Are they all in the pocket of the kremlin too?

Any reply? Your selective reading thus far speaks volumes

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Look at you scuttling away when it's been pointed out to you you're chummying-up an act of wilful ethnic cleansing.

Don't care about the UN vote quite frankly. The fact of the matter is, the US doesn't do foreign policy by show of hands at the UN and neither does any other country.

With what we know in 2022 about autocrat ballbags, the last thing you do is reward them. If they want the goodies of liberal political societies and market economies, they can reform and get off the stage. Or they can conduct their trade arrangements with their creeper pals in Moscow and Beijing. Up to them really. The US is under no obligation to trade with anyone they don't want to.

It's not America's job to bail out fossilized communists who should have p*ssed off when the USSR collapsed.

🤣🤣🤣

Don't care about the UN vote quite frankly. The fact of the matter is, the US doesn't do foreign policy by show of hands at the UN and neither does any other country.

😂

Laugh all you want, we all know it's because you've been pummelled here. All you're interested in is sub-undergraduate anti US bollox and fluffing up autocrats. It's a fact.

The people running Cuba are autocrat creeps that place no value on human liberty and would have you thrown in gaol for looking at them sideways.

And bizzarely, you want Nikes, Chevrolets and cruise ships to bail out these pr*cks who run a failed 1960s Soviet command economy. It's beyond parody.

There's a lot of growing up and soul searching to do from the Putinist hand shandy brigade here. My prediction? You won't do it.

All you're interested in is sub-undergraduate anti US bollox and fluffing up autocrats. It's a fact.

So are the UN general assembly also full of "anti US bollox and fluffing up autocrats"?

• Advertisement

No but not every UN voting member chummys up to fascism and murder like you do. Which is rather the point.

Not exactly a coincidence the same melts providing excuses for Putin's campaign of murder are here camped out like morons getting bent out of shape about the US stopping a communist basket case getting hold of Reeboks, lines of credit from US banks and cruise ship visits.

Beyond parody.

No but not every UN voting member chummys up to fascism and murder like you do. Which is rather the point.

Not exactly a coincidence the same melts providing excuses for Putin's campaign of murder are here camped out like morons getting bent out of shape about the US stopping a communist basket case getting hold of Reeboks, lines of credit from US banks and cruise ship visits.

Source for the above 2 claims in bold?

point one out then please? Right now it seems like these posts "chummying up to fascism an murder" exist only in your head

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭lizzyjane

Can you not wrap your head around the fact that this comment was in reply to another, highlighting the fact that just because people flee to a country doesn't make that country they have fled to any better in terms of a society.

• Advertisement

By Burts logic, China could economically strangle Taiwan and plunge the people of that country into adverse poverty just because it is more powerful and they don't fall into line with Beijing's regional economic or social policies. I don't think this is an acceptable viewpoint, quite the opposite in fact

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

It's a Ukraine rant smoked them out already. #51 were it was done.

You think very highly of yourself. Go back through the thread and see when Ukraine was mentioned first because it wasn't by me.

To think,you'll get some melt along to justify sanctions against Russia,which are deffo gonna work any day now🤣

When Cuba has been under effective sanction with 60 odd years,and extended ones with over 20,and have simply failed to reach their objective

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

They don't have a 21st century lifestyle they got used to.

Any day now,Russia is gonna turn on its heels and renounce it's horrendous war,so as citizens of Moscow can get their hands on kerrygold😅

At some stage,after all sanctions placed on Cuba,Iran etc,people are gonna have to admit,they simply don't work......we've been sold a pup by the political and media

,only way to defeat Russia (or any aggressor) in war,is on the ground,they didn't turn on their heels and retreat from kerson over these sanctions,

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Advertisement