Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding in Martinstown House, Kildare

Options
  • 04-11-2022 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello, myself and my fiancé are hoping to book Martinstown House in Kildare for our wedding. We love the rustic vibe and the staff have been excellent to deal with. I'm just wondering if anyone has been to a small/intimate wedding there and what the food was like for it? We have heard feedback from other people who have been tp bigger weddings in their marquee saying they were left hungry and it was buffet style food..but this doesn't match the menus we've been given for our small wedding so may not apply.

Also how did the bar work being cash only and no draft beer?

We have also heard that they turn the music down quite early 12/1am but unsure if this is just for bigger weddings in the marquee.

Many thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I wasn't there myself but a friend was maid of honour at a wedding there and wasn't impressed. The food wasn't great and they were very disorganised. For example, at one point during the groomsmen were having to move all sorts of things around and missed most of the speeches. They also locked the house during the evening so my friend couldn't get to her room m

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Grainne2022

Thanks so much for letting me know, I really appreciate it. Do you know if this was a big wedding? It sounds like it was if the house was locked, as our small wedding of 50 people would be held in the house itself.

I am wondering if the food would be any better at smaller weddings given the smaller numbers as we really love the venue and grounds, would love to hear feedback from anyone who has been to a small wedding at Martinstown :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I'm not sure of exact numbers but I don't think it was too big as it was on a Tuesday and neither have big families.

Advertisement