Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek: Prodigy (animated children's series)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Honestly, I had presumed Ronny Cox was dead myself; he already seemed so old in the 80s, 90s films from which I knew him. Guess he played older? 84 according to Google; so old but younger than "you mean he's not dead?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,558 ✭✭✭corkie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

11: Oh that was good! Solid return, good episode story and development of the bigger story.

Oh there's gonna be trouble if Janeway doesn't keep an eye on the Diviner.

That Star Fleet officer was good n bad. He did do a decent job at welcoming them at first, that abandoning them part was wrong. He shouldn't have done that.

It was kinda cool to see how far Starfleet is reaching but not great that they are leaving folks all alone.. kinda like that dude who was all alone in Discovery.. at least I think I remember him being alone.

The music on the show is still a real gift too! Not just Giacchinos opening.. which is great 🙂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,190 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I enjoyed that and I too think that Starfleet officer should have not done that. Also crazy that he was the only one on the whole station. You would think he would have wanted to join the Prodigy crew not abandon them.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,188 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well can't really blame him. He's been alone so may be a bit crazy, then these ones show up in a "borrowed" unknown vessel with an unknown species and one who is to report to Starfleet.

I'm just surprised at how the place looked. Usually when you see distant outposts in sci fi shows, they're pretty much being held together by tape.

If the Protostar was an experimental form of travel, how did the real Janeway get to the planet so quickly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Looked like they perfected quantum slipstream since the Protostar's launch (it's mentioned at the end of episode 10). I try not to overthink Prodigy's internal logic/connection to canon though. It makes Discovery look coherent. At least it's far more entertaining than Discovery.

Also the Protostar is ages old at this point was the message I've picked up. Who knows what has been developed in the meantime.

According to Barniss Frex's scanner, Murf is a Mellanoid slime worm.

Wes accidentally bumped into a Zeldan Starfleet crewman named Rondon (Daniel Riordan), who hurled insults at young Wesley Crusher by calling him a "Bulgallian sludge rat" and a "Mellanoid slime worm." This was the only prior mention of a Mellanoid slime worm in Star Trek until Murf, which makes the adorable purple alien the first Mellanoid slime worm actually seen in Star Trek.

Post edited by corkie on

Ms

So I think the latest episode might feature the Borg going by its title "let sleeping Borg lie"

Have not got to watch it yet

Should be interesting to see what they do.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

"It is a reference to the phrase,

"Let sleeping dogs lie"

, meaning to allow something that is currently harmless to remain so by not bothering it."

Just an okay episode.

• Advertisement

12: Uh oh!

Enjoyed that! Had some real old school Borg feel to it and some of the voyager feel.

So! The Diviner is awake and on Janeways ship! Plus.. if she ever catches up with the Protostar, I assume that living construct could destroy here ship too.

Hmmm.. Anyway onto the distress call!

Good for the most part but the defeating the Borg with love part was a bit naff. Guess it's somewhat forgiveable here as it's a kid's show (unlike "Picard")

They have a Janeway hologram so knew they would have no problem beating the Borg.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,642 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Caught up on the recent episodes.

They are good.

Although I felt this was the most kid like episode of the entire series. Still though, Borg were cool, including VR Borg dude and Rhino Borg.

Cool seeing Janeway again and Mcgruff Doc is interesting.

One thing though.... Where did the dude in the escape pod end up?

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

That was really good. lots of cool retro!

Continuity

Fun episode.

Live logs and proper.

Liked that episode. Though it was a bit much that the 3 could fly the ship.

13: Oh I really enjoyed that! It was so good. A real proper modernised version of a TOS type episode too as I think about it.. Exploring strange new worlds and not just throwing nods in the direction! 🙂

Prodigy really feels like it's driving forward with Star Trek. I like it.

I noticed your question about the escape pod was developed too.

Yeah delighted they answered the escape pod Q. That would have annoyed me.

• Advertisement

Well that was a really good episode I thought. Enjoyed the pastiche of Shatner's acting. The scene when they're playing Garrovick's last logs during the rescue really hit me in the feels.

Also, looks like Murf's hit puberty?

Baby Murf's on the way?!!? 😲

The Trouble with... 😁

Ms

I was actually disapointed and surprised that Janeway did not suggest that they do what Janeway, Tuvok, Seven and Belenna done once when they went on a Borg ship they got the Doctor to inject them with something so the Borg could not detect them as a danger.

Anyway onto this week's episode. That was fun lots of laughts in it. Star-Flight lol.

Why did they not correct them?

Some continuity issues do. Like the Galileo never had warp engines or a warp core and also it was destroyed in "the Immunity Syndrome" episode I am sure.

It's a kids show do so I will let them away with it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Some continuity issues do. Like the Galileo never had warp engines or a warp core and also it was destroyed in "the Immunity Syndrome" episode I am sure.

Constructed with a duranium metal shell, the Class F was propelled by an ion engine whose power was generated by a matter/antimatter reaction; it was capable of matching the speed of a Constitution-class starship at warp. (TOS: "The Menagerie, Part I", "Metamorphosis") The exterior could also be reinforced with a protective shield. (TOS: "The Immunity Syndrome") ~~ https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Class_F_shuttlecraft

Power levels are quickly dropping, however, and the ship backs out of the creature. As it does so, however, sensors pick up the shuttlecraft with Spock still alive. Despite the power drain (and Spock's protests), tractor beams are activated. Power levels read dead as the charge explodes, just before the Enterprise exits the creature. The explosion ruptures the creature's outer membrane and both the ship and shuttlecraft are thrown clear, with power levels restored. As Spock and McCoy argue over which tests were performed satisfactorily, the shuttlecraft is brought back aboard to the Enterprise's shuttlebay, and the ship resumes its course for the crew's well-earned shore leave. ~~ https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/The_Immunity_Syndrome_(episode)

Another fun episode, felt like part 1 of a 2 parter?

14: Now that was a cliffhanger! Wasn't expecting a two parter in the early half of the season! Though maybe the next few episodes will feel tied together.

Definitely looks like all the voyager encountered tech from the Delta quadrant is in play. Which is kinda cool 🙂

but most importantly..

Okona! Hah! Where'd he come from!

This episode was done well like that. The nods to earlier trek just kept mostly subtle. I liked how the Xindi were just there doing their thing.

That was fun. Only issue I have with the show is the episodes are too short and they're a week apart. It's like getting a little tease every time.

I wonder will Okona try to get with Hologram Janeway? 😮

Murf with legs and arms is quite creepy. Reminds me of those blue things from Rick and Morty.

If butt dialling the console can accidentally launch a torpedo, how come it never happened all those times Rikers sat his butt down on the Enterprise-D consoles?

Ms

If butt dialling the console can accidentally launch a torpedo, how come it never happened all those times Rikers sat his butt down on the Enterprise-D consoles?

It can't. At least it is not supposed to but then the Protostar has been messed with by Gwens Dad so who knows what he had disconnected or turned off.

Or maybe the safety's were just not turned on. Bad of hologram Janeway lol.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Another solid episode. Cool seeing how small the Protostar is when compared to another Starfleet ship. Great seems the Xindi back. Looks like they found a new world or maybe just doing security work? Ah the Romulan warbirds, great to see back in action!

So are both ships using slipstream tech so? Seems to be that way from the warp visual? The Dauntless definitely has it, so looks like Starfleet did use some of that Voyager Borg tech to slide across the universe.

lol the Torpedo. Took me a long while to cop who Okona was. 

• Advertisement

They were both at standard warp for the chase sequence. Real Janeway took out one of their nacelles just before they tried to go to protowarp.

Advertisement