Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interdepartmental HEO

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭MaryRyan48

Thank you!

No I emailed them and they said the assignment won't be offered until pre clearance is completed so I'm assuming that is gonna take a few weeks judging by previous comments! Dying to know now.... hopefully somewhere with a brilliant hybrid model!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 MBOS

Ah thats great news either way! Yes hopefully! 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Csk2019

Is anyone here on the Cork panel for the previous competition? I'm assuming they are still pulling from it, when they haven't called anyone for Cork yet

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭AirAmp2019

Is there any movement on the Kildare and Meath panels?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Newgirl22

@becsdan @MaryRyan48 thanks for replying. I managed to get it to 3 pages, 1.5 spacing and the margins correct! Now it’s to nail the form and get the presentation under 10mins.

• Advertisement

when anyone shared their screen for the presentation slides did they use “presenter view”?? Just want to know will it go against me if I use it as they can see me selecting it when I share my screen?

Very welcome and congrats on getting it down....it's really hard to cut it back when you have everything wrote 🙈

I actually don't know re screen share....I hit "share screen" and my computer froze so the PAS representative actually shared it for me and I was able to control when I wanted the PowerPoint to move so you always have that as a backup option 👍🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dammo1234

Hello. Have the westmeath or roscommon interviews started yet? I was placed high in OOM but have not heard anything

Interview tomorrow. 😁

I done a mock interview yesterday and glad was I did. Let the nerves and panic set in. Completely froze and forgot everything I wanted to say. 🫣

Going to spend the day reading and relaxing the mind.

Best of luck to anyone else attending this week

Mock interview is the best thing I ever done...your actual interview tomorrow will feel like a walk in the park 😁 just remember the panel want you to do well also! Best of luck with it, fingers crossed for you 🤞 let us know how it goes!

• Advertisement

@MaryRyan48

I needed to hear that. Xx

@becsdan best of luck, you’ll smash it! I did a mock today and it really helped! The person was hammering me with questions and preparing me so I know what to expect! If they do they are only trying to get the best out of you! Always think I I I no we, you have to be selfish. Let us know how you get on, I am this week too

Anyone who has been through pre-clearance do you know who the form gets sent to in your department?

Is it your HEO, AP or PO? Tia

@Newgirl22

Thank you, yes I agree. I feel better now I have stopped trying to memorise the answers. Lol

I've put bullet points on flashcards and going to use them to practice my answers.

Best of luck to you too. 🤗🤗

• Registered Users Posts: 30 liverbird1

I was told previous panel runs to 31-01-2023 so yeah, they are still pulling from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 DonutLike

Waiting on interview now. I’m assuming they will take place after Christmas.

I’m anxious about the report, but, trying to read up on the PFG so I’ll already have an idea when assigned my topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭boccers

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Skweefie

Programme for Government

Programme for Government

• Registered Users Posts: 48 GinaMc2021

Hi, when I was promoted last year it went to my Departments HR, who then sent it to my AP.

For anyone who got clearance email last week what batch are you in? TIA

Thank you! I was in the top 5 in OOM on batch 1.3 👍🏻

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 GinaMc2021

You did amazing, well done to you. I cant wait to hear about the next stage, hopefully soon!

Interview over and done with. It was tough. They asked questions from education all the way up. Very competency based with few probing questions thrown in.

Advised it will be 2 weeks before results out as this is the first day for this batch..

Very interested in my learning needs and what courses I did and what I got from them. Asked what challenges I'd face as a HEO and how would I face them.

Interested in research I did for report and how that would impact other government departments.

Took just over the hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Kittykat6

Well done on getting through today! Are you sure this week is the first week for this batch? I had mine last week and when I recieved my interview board it had dates up to 18th?

@Kittykat6

That's what the chair on my interview board said. I was under the impression that this was the 2nd week too, tbh. The chair was a different person today, compared to what I was told last week.

Maybe someone who had interview in last batch, can advise what dates was on their board.

I was told it is second week for interview too but he did say up to 10 days affter Friday. So we might hear next week or the week after.

Here's hoping next week. Very strange feeling today now that it is out of my hands.

Edit: but at least it is the last two or three weeks of a six month wait... good luck to the rest still waiting on your next stage.

My feedback is to just have 2 strong examples for each competency and consider examples for when things didnt go to plan. They gave me a moment to close out the interview in case there was anything that I didnt get to include. Listen to the questions being asked.

Now the waiting... fingers crossed they issue on Monday.

Post edited by Skweefie on

@Skweefie

Did you have your interview today?

How did you find it?

See my edit... gave additional feedback there now.

I honestly dont know how it went... i had to attend the office today and on the drive in I was pondering all of the things I should have or could have said. But that is normal I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Busle

Still 2 on Westmeath panel from 2020 competition. Panel will expire when they are placed or the end of January 2023. Fingers crossed they're placed soon. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Kay46a

Hi, Has anyone who got results on 4/11/22 and was Batch 2.1 heard anything about pre-clearance. Heard nothing yet and wondering if might hear before Christmas

• Advertisement

Might be a stupid question but was everyone asked to show the room with their camera like in the english and maths tests?? I’ll have the garden table in my sitting room as it’s the best light in there

Did anyone have flash cards for the interview part and do you know if you can have your form in front of you??

Advertisement