Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,137 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Point us to one piece of mis-information you challenged directly.

Go on.

Because there is no way all the anti vaccine info on the thread falls into your neat little categories.

Any claim to the contrary has zero credibility.

It is a common trope because it is true.

Simply put - actions speak louder than words. And you havent once acted. Not once.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,984 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Yeah, it's the usual act to give an air of "objectivity".

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭hometruths

As I've already asked. Give me a specific example of disinformation and I will tell you how it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Ive pointed out two to you. You as always ignored.

The original claim that the VAERS data is showing that the vaccine is more dangerous that was claimed by authorities.

The claim that there is a clear link between the vaccines and infertility.

There's plenty to choose from but those two are a good starting point for all of your dodging and excusing.

• Advertisement

Some individuals decide the best way for them to protest vaccines is to go online and make vast numbers of contrarian pedantic posts about the subject. Which is another obvious red flag.

Because there is no way all the anti vaccine info on the thread falls into your neat little categories.

And I haven't claimed it has.

I haven't challenged any of the anti-vaccine info that you think I should be challenging because I am supremely unconcerned by it. Unlike you I don't believe extremist anti-vaxxers are biggest problem concerning Covid vaccines.

As I pointed out to DohnJoe my concerns and thus interest in this subject are more about disinformation along the lines of Covid vaccines were never intended to prevent infection, they were originally intend to reduce severe disease/death etc etc . And as you are aware I have challenged that many times.

I have no interest in 5G/Bill Gates/The Great Reset etc, and it's bizarre the pressing need you have for me and others to discuss these things with you.

If you are worried by people making what you consider to be outrageous claims, fair enough, I am sure nobody is stopping you from expressing your opinions on that.

But it is totally bizarre that you are fixated on the fact I have no interest wasting my time on that stuff. I spend far too much time on here having largely pointless discussions about the stuff that does interest me, without getting dragged in pointless discussions about stuff I have no interest in.

But if you really want to, and are genuinely interested in my opinion on something, then link to a specific claim and I will give you my opinion on it. But please stop with the "Some people have said X,Y and Z, and you haven't challenged that opinion, therefore why should we take your opinion seriously"

If you don't want to take my opinion seriously, just ignore me. You're wasting your time with the what some people think about X,Y and Z nonsense.

He and other antivaxxers refuse to call the vaccines vaccines because:

1. They are trying to make the vaccines sound scarier and more sinister. (Or in most cases that's what the Twitter grifters do to bilk their audiences, and posters here are only parroting these terms.)

And 2. Because some, Pat in particular, contend that the vaccines aren't really vaccines. The usual refrain is that they are "mRNA gene therapy" or similarly scary sounding technical term.

But it's been pointed out to you and shown with studies that the "5G NWO" misinformation (as well as the more subtle misinformation you ignore) does have an impact.

You've yet to show that what you believe to be pro vaccine misinformation has had any impact beyond turning yourself into an extreme anti vaxxer.

If you have no interest in conspiracy theories and consider discussing them a waste of time, why are you posting on a conspiracy forum?

• Advertisement

Dr. Judy Wood earned a Ph.D. Degree from Virginia Tech and is a former professor of mechanical engineering. She has research expertise in experimental stress analysis, structural mechanics, deformation analysis, materials characterization and materials engineering science. Her research has involved testing materials, including complex-material systems, in the area of photomechanics, or the use of optical and image-analysis methods to determine physical properties of materials and measure how materials respond to forces placed on them. Her area of expertise involves interferometry in forensic science. She taught graduate and undergraduate engineering classes and has authored or co-authored over 60 peer-reviewed papers and journal publications in her areas of expertise.

Dr. Wood received her:

B.S. (Civil Engineering, 1981) (Structural Engineering),

M.S. (Engineering Mechanics (Applied Physics), 1983), and

Ph.D. (Materials Engineering Science, 1992) from the Department of Engineering Science and Mechanics at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in Blacksburg, Virginia.

Her dissertation involved the development of an experimental method to measure thermal stresses in bimaterial joints.

She has taught courses including:

Experimental Stress Analysis

Engineering Mechanics

Mechanics of Materials (Strength of Materials)

Strength of Materials Testing

Judy D. Wood is a former professor of mechanical engineering with research interests in experimental stress analysis, structural mechanics, optical methods, deformation analysis, and the materials characterization of biomaterials and composite materials. She is a member of the Society for Experimental Mechanics (SEM), co-founded SEM’s Biological Systems and Materials Division, and has served on the SEM Composite Materials Technical Division.

From 1999 to 2006 Dr. Wood has been an assistant professor in the Mechanical Engineering Department at Clemson University in Clemson, South Carolina. Before moving to Clemson she spent three years as a postdoctoral research associate in the Department of Engineering Science and Mechanics at Virginia Tech.

One of Dr. Wood's research interests is biomimicry, or applying the mechanical structures of biological materials to engineering design using engineering materials. Other recent research has investigated the deformation behavior of materials and structures with complex geometries and complex material properties, such as fiber-reinforced composite materials and biological materials. Dr. Wood is an expert in the use of moiré interferometry, a full-field optical method that is used in stress analysis, as well as materials characterization and other types of interference. In recent years, Dr. Wood and her students have developed optical systems with various wavelengths and waveguides. Dr. Wood has over 60 technical publications in refereed journals, conference proceedings, and edited monographs and special technical reports.

List of academic degrees:

B.S. Civil Engineering, 1981 (Structural Engineering), Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in Blacksburg, Virginia.

M.S. Engineering Mechanics (Applied Physics), 1983, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in Blacksburg, Virginia.

Ph.D. Materials Engineering Science, 1992, from the Department of Engineering Science and Mechanics at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in Blacksburg, Virginia.

List of peer-reviewed publications:

Dissertation: "Determination of thermal strains in the neighborhood of a bimaterial interface"

http://scholar.lib.vt.edu/.../available/etd-06072006-124140/

Wood, J. D., et. al., "The Effect of Delaminations on the Thermal Expansion Behavior of Quasi-Isotropic Composite Laminates," Proceedings of the ASTM Symposium on Effects of Defects in Composite Materials, (December 1982).

Wood, J. D., et. al., "Deformation of Composite Multispan Beam Shear Specimens," Proceedings of the Fifth International Congress on Experimental Mechanics, Montreal, Canada, pp. 297-298 (June 1984).

Wood, J. D., et. al., "Relative Displacement Measurements for Two-Body Problems," Proceedings of the Society for Experimental Mechanics (SEM) Spring Conference, Las Vegas, Nevada, pp. 309- 314 (June 1985).

Wood, J. D., "Detection of Delamination Onset in a Composite Laminate Using Moiré Interferometry," Composites Technology and Research, Vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 121-128 (Winter 1985).

Wood, J. D., et. al., "Deformation and Strains in a Thick Adherend Lap Joint," Adhesively Bonded Joints: Testing, Analysis, and Design, ASTM STP 981, W. S. Johnson, Ed., American Society for Testing and Materials, Philadelphia, pp. 107-118 (1988).

Wood, J. D., et. al., "Thermal Strains in a Bimaterial Joint," Proceedings of the Seventh ASCE/Engineering Mechanics Division Specialty Conference, Blacksburg, Virginia (May 1988).

Wood, J. D., et. al., "Thermal Strains in a Bimaterial Joint: Experimental and Numerical Analysis," Proceedings of the Society for Experimental Mechanics (SEM) Spring Conference, Cambridge, Massachusetts, pp. 543-551 (May 28-June 1, 1989).

Wood, J. D., et. al., "Determination of Thermal Strains by Moiré Interferometry," Experimental Mechanics, Vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 318-322 (Sept. 1989).

Wood, J. D., et. al., "Micromechanical Study of Thermal Strains near the Interface of a Bimaterial Joint by Microscopic Moiré Interferometry," Proceedings of the Seventh International Congress on Experimental Mechanics, Las Vegas, Nevada (July 1992).

Wood, J. D., et. al., "Thermal Stresses in a Bimaterial Joint: An Experimental Analysis," ASME J. of Applied Mechanics, Vol. 61, (no. 1), pp. 192-198 (March 1994).

Wood, J. D., et. al., "Residual Material Properties in Aging of Composites," Proceedings of ASME Conference, Atlanta, Georgia (August 1996).

Wood, J. D., et. al., "Designed Polymeric Interphases", Gordon Conference on Composites, Ventura, California (January 1997).

Wood, J. D., et. al., "Aging of Polymer Matrix Composites: The Reverse Thermal Effect," The International Composites Expo (ICE) ‘1997, Nashville, Tennessee (January 1997) p. 14.

Wood, J. D., et. al., "Effect of Sizing on Shear Properties of Hybrid Composite Materials Using Moiré; Interferometry," Proceedings of the Society for Experimental Mechanics (SEM) Spring Conference, Seattle, Washington (June 1997).

Wood, J. D., et. al., "Effects of Temperature Sequencing During Hygrothermal Aging of Polymers and Polymer Matrix Composites: The Reverse Thermal Effect," Proceedings of the International Conference on Composites in Infrastructure (ICCI), Tucson, Arizona (January 1998).

Wood, J. D., et. al., "Influence of Matrix Chemistry on the Short Term, Hydrothermal Aging of Vinyl Ester Matrix and Composites Under Both Isothermal and Thermal Spiking Conditions," Journal of Composite Materials (USA) Vol. 33. (no.20), pp.1918-1938 (July 1999).

Wood, J. D., et. al., "Measurement of Strain Distribution and Viscoelastic Characteristics in Layers of a Soft-Core Sandwich Beam Using Moiré Interferometry," Society for Experimental Mechanics, Milwaukee, Wisconsin (June 2002).

Wood, J. D., et. al., "Strain distribution within multilayer thermoplastic elastomers using Moiré interferometry," Society for Experimental Mechanics, Milwaukee, Wisconsin (June 2002).

Wood, J. D., et. al., "Utilization of moiré interferometry to study the strain distribution within multi-layer thermoplastic elastomeric samples," Journal of Biomaterials, Polymer division, Vol. 13. (no.9), pp.1051-1065 (October 2002). (http://www.catchword.com/.../vsp/09205063/v13n9/contp1-1.htm)

Wood, J. D., "Determining Thermal Stressess Near a Bimaterial Interface," Handbook of Moire Measurements, C. Walker, Ed., Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, University of Strathclyde, UK, Chapter 8: Residual Stresses (2), pp.287-293, (2004, IOP Publishing Ltd).

Wood, J. D., et. al., "Designing a Perfect Bimaterial Interface," Society for Experimental Mechanics, Costa Mesa, California (June 2004).

Wood, J. D., et. al., "Development of a Real-Time Microscopic Moiré Interferometry System," Society for Experimental Mechanics, Costa Mesa, California (June 2004).

She seems to be a highly qualified engineer who's opinions should be taken seriously if we take Hometruth's logic.

She also believes that the twin towers were destroyed using a secret space based energy weapon.

So you're supremely unconcerned about all this anti-vaccine info.

But extremely concerned about information presented to challenge that anti-vaccine info.

In fact, only recently you were challenging information I presented in response to disinformation posted by another poster.

Yet you showed zero concern for the original disinformation.

One doesn't have to be 'fixated' to notice that when you insert yourself into a debate.

Cause either according to him, it wasn't really disinformation, or it was completely justified.

Anti-vaxx misinformation only exists for him when it's not being presented by someone who's supporting him.

Having no interest in conspiracies theories about covid vaccines and 5G/Bill Gates/The Great Reset does not equal having no interest in other conspiracy theories about covid vaccines.

A conspiracy theory is an explanation for an event or situation that invokes a conspiracy by sinister and powerful groups, often political in motivation, when other explanations are more probable.

For example - the consensus that Covid vaccines are safe and effective, and have a favourable risk/benefit profile for everybody.

I think that's bollocks and the conspiracy theory is that powerful groups, often political in motivation are actively engaged in promoting this consensus by censoring etc anybody who disagrees.

There are a number of previously distinguished academics, scientists and medics who have challenged the orthodox views on the Covid.

In his comments above on John Ioanddis, DohnJoe offers what he believes to be the more probable explanation than a conspiracy theory, which is that these hitherto respected and influential scientists have suddenly developed "questionable" views, and because their views are questionable they can be dismissed as irrelevant, thus the consensus remains.

Fine, that's a difference of opinion. I'd welcome the opportunity to discuss that difference in good faith but sadly it seems to be impossible. I will continue to post in the hope that there are lurkers who would have an interest in discussing this in good faith, but as long as you and your ilk are posting in the manner that you do, I suspect others will continue to stay away.

In fact, only recently you were challenging information I presented in response to disinformation posted by another poster.

Yet you showed zero concern for the original disinformation.

I'm not sure what you are referring to here, but if you remind of the specifics I will happily try and address/clarify whatever it is.

Ok. Great. Finally you admit that you are a conspiracy theorist and you are proposing a conspiracy theory.

Could have saved a lot of hassle if you didn't try to pretend otherwise.

As we've seen however, this conspiracy is complete nonsense and it's not at all supported by any rational evidence.

It's no better than the theories you openly disagree with, or the theories you're too afraid to openly disagree with.

Also, lol. "your ilk."

More of that selective blindness. Might want to get that checked. You might even be able to claim that the vaccine caused it.

As we've seen however, this conspiracy is complete nonsense and it's not at all supported by any rational evidence.

I must have missed that bit. But we can certainly agree that this is a difference of opinion.

It was the part where you've failed to produce any rational or convincing evidence and the parts where your arguments rely on complete fiction and dishonesty.

it's fine though, like when your friends post conspiracy misinformation you don't want to acknowledge, you just seem to miss a lot.

Like I said, it's the same as the folks who were claiming shite about 5G and Bill Gates.

Millions die everyday from many preventable illnessness 

Now we need to explain why 10's of millions of people above the normal fatality rate are dying worldwide and get a definite explanation that is/is not linked to a mass rollout of a new tech vaccine.

Given that that you jumped on the difference between 15 and 6 million. Yet you show absolutely zero concern for the disinformation in the figures above, which are evidently picked from thin air - given less than 100 million die per year. I am not picking a post at random here, I am picking posts from a chain you responded to.

• Advertisement

"The global view of Covid is wrong, it's all part of a plot that only I know about, any scientist or expert who has any opposing view will do"

Fine, which groups are involved in your conspiracy and what are the details?

"A global plot I figured out by reading twitter/parler/whatever."

I am not picking a post at random here, I am picking posts from a chain you responded to.

I didn't respond/comment to anything about this, you dragged me into it with this "oh and care to comment" whataboutery:

Oh and care to comment on the misinformation on the thread that millions of people die from preventable illnesses every day. It was posted on this thread, you must have seen it as you commented on my post in response to it.

At the time I told you I didn't. I responded:

Eh?! I don't think I did comment on your post in response to it?

But I did respond to your whataboutery. I told you that I had no idea how many die every day. That's why I had/have zero concern for the original disinformation because I was not even aware it was disinformation.

The idea that I was recently challenging information you presented in response to disinformation posted by another poster is total garbage. If I am wrong no doubt you will correct me by linking to the posted in which I commented challenging it.

Ah so if you personally don't know it's disinformation or not, then it's not disinformation and it's not worth addressing.

Your dragged yourself into it.

Total garbage? Nope. It is right here.

The disinformation was posted here.

It was challenged by multiple posters with reference to the 6 million 'official' death toll and specifically that millions do not die every day of preventable illnesses; which the poster was trying to use to belittle 6 million as a 'statistical non event'.

You then jumped in to challenge the 6 million figure.

Nothing in claims of millions of deaths every day from preventable illnesses OR tens of millions in excess deaths insinuated as connected to the vaccines struck you as odd, or dangerous or scaremongering... but yeah you jumped all over the 6 million figure.

Conveniently you either don't think it is disinformation or don't realise it is disinformation - but the truth is you only take an interest in the information presented in support of the consensus.

I think readers of the thread can judge for themselves the intellectual honesty of the contents of your posts.

Find us a single post where you challenged disinformation about the consensus on vaccines or covid. One single post.

You won't be able to. Because everything that has been said about blinkers on this thread when it comes to disinformation is true.

And your links show quite clearly that I did not challenge information you presented in response to another posters claims that millions die every day, nor did I even comment on your post in response to another posters claims that millions die every day, nor did I even post on anybody else's comment on another posters claims millions die every day.

You dragged me into this garbage with your "oh and care to comment" whataboutery".

It's not whataboutery - it highlights your inconsistency. It was part of the thread discussion you were involved in, and made great play out of the risk of scaremongering with inaccurate data.

Ah ok, so you've moved on from the specific complaint: "you were challenging information I presented in response to disinformation posted by another poster"

We've clarified that I didn't challenge the information you presented, so now the problem is I didn't make any comment on this disinformation that was "part of the thread discussion" I was involved in.

Given that I've already explained why I did not make any comment on it, can we leave it at that and agree to move on?

I am sure nobody else is too interested in this lengthy discussion about a comment I didn't make.

This conspiracy you referring to earlier, how does it work?

It seems to be very, very similar to the whole climate change denial thing. Whereby a vast amount of scientists and experts are incapable of seeing an obvious conspiracy containing false information, or they are "in on it".

Yours seems essentially the same.

• Advertisement

Nope. We're all pretty interested in you explaining why you don'y acknowledge and avoid talking about any of the misinformation from anti vaxxers.

You could just say that snowcat was spreading misinformation, but against this goes against the religious prohibition you guys have against disagreeing with each other. So we are also interested in watching the mental gymnastics you have to go through to avoid this.

It's very entertaining.

Advertisement