Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

You'd have to wonder what Dee's reaction is listening to this twonk telling listeners to move the dial as soon as the show starts.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

OMG not this again, I'm out before he even starts! This is just so wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭squonk

Maybe there should be an enquiry into well paid radio show hosts flogging the same subjects to death over and over again and whether they justifies their generous remuneration.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭One Who Waits...

Joe wurking hard to highlight a grievous injustice to de youth of de Nation for which he should receive a pay rise. All in his own mind, of course.

I'm taking Joe's advice and switching off.

Caller driven show and he has been reading his thesis for the last 5 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Who wants to listen to this for four days apart from the host

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭squonk

I stuck with it for now. He’s talking about uncovering names. No you didnt Joe. It was either documented or your callers told you. This would all be more interesting if you got off your arsenal and did some investigation in the background and brought to the air a fully formed show on all involved with well researched info and verified responses from the order. You might get two shows there but this is just ridiculous and you’re not spearheading justice here at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭cozar

If Joe is going to go through all 77 it will bring him up to the eve of xmas eve, with a break for funny fridays.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Me too, jnlr figures come out this week and Joe is losing listeners,

2 days later Joe's advice to the listeners he has left? Switch off his show,

Is there any one in charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭leath_dub

"He wanked me off, Joe"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

they already have the 77 names,73 dead, with 4 still alive. What does he think he is going to achieve out of this ??? Other than satisfy his own sick fetish's

• Registered Users Posts: 11,226 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

I was observing yesterday that the fall in D'Arcy's listener numbers has a lot to do with Duffy. LL takes over with high listenership from the News at One and you can just hear the radios being turned off after 5, 10, 15 minutes.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭avfc1874

The caller's pain is Joe's pleasure 🤗

Joe needs an ad break to open a new packet of tissues

His end game is probably a public enquiry. Which as we all know would be done efficiently, cost effectively and would have tangible results.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭johnbarrett35

OMG this is dreadful stuff!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

What about Áine dude from some years ago who was “storting” a cafe in South Dublin and rang PBH to explain how ashamed to be Irish she was as she saw a homeless person nearby once (who declined a shelter) and how it would not be proper for her to actually house the person of course

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Greasy Tool

I remember seeing classmates beaten by teachers back in the 70's /80's . It wasn't nice . It wasn't always the Brothers or Nuns either . I never saw violence like that at home .

" De Spiritans " , Sounds like the Branch Davidians .

• Registered Users Posts: 82,682 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Were any scanger schools filled with peado teachers?

• Advertisement

• Imagine you are a parent, driving your child to an appointment etc, you’ve been busy and haven’t been listening to the radio to hear any warnings, but in the car you switch it on because you imagine that afternoon radio is fairly safe. You switch radio on, start driving, and a full intimate description of rape blares out of the speakers, and you try and keep your eye on the road whilst fumbling for the off switch, as your 8 year old in the back is perplexed and asks about the horror show on the radio. Not suitable material for afternoon broadcasting.

I wonder is this topic is anything to do with the Father Sheehy fella and his unpopular views ??

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭blackvalley

I’m amazed that as these victims grew up in adulthood they never went back into the school and battered those who had abused them. I know if it was me id had done jail for to get my revenge. Think there was a film based on that sort of story starring starring Kevin Bacon a few years ago. My memory is not the best on movies but was it called “ sleepers “

I once saw two big GAA playing teachers drag a 10yr old classmate around the classroom one day . I went to St Fergals Boys School in Finglas . It was known locally as " The Red Bricked Slaughterhouse " .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭mountain

what happened these callers is shocking,

however this program is neither the time or the place for this discussion.

many of the callers are getting emotionally distressed while on air, and really shouldn’t be on.

shame on Duffy, the producers and ultimately Dee Forbes

M

Will he repeat word for word what he said on Tuesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Don't forget the self published bukes day and the Liveline listeners top 10 of 2022 (will number 1 be the Blackrock abusers?).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

M

How can a judge stand over non-disclosure deals in the case of child abuse?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Xander10

"Diagust for the Irish judicial system"

100%

Advertisement