Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sponsored by Your License Fee: The Late Late Show Megathread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Whats with the recent announcements of guests on a drip feed basis....Martin O'Neill is on this Friday....

Its like death by a thousand cuts....announce dermot bannon on Monday....Pat Short on Tuesday.....We are all tenterhooks of a Wednesday to see what wonders will be announced....Daniel O'Donnell?...maybe its time for Amy Hubermann again....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Ah I remember it well, back in the old days when the issues of the day might be thrashed out of a Saturday night, opposing views were allowed on the panel or in the audience and said views were exposed to examination and scrutiny and a ding-dong was had, it wasn't perfect by any means and Gay had his biases but at least it was something, now what have we? A manchild all cue cards chop chop slap the desk swivel the chair move on steer clear of controversy unless it's of the most banal kind never go with a flow of conversation his childlike mind wouldn't know how to handle stick with the prepared script rigidly.... A glorified stocktaker from some backroom somewhere promoted far beyond any talent he possesses with not an ounce of self awareness, false as a two euro note

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

I don't think I could put it any better than that!

On a busy show this week, showcasing The Lost Voice, we have Mary Black. I suppose Christmas is coming and all that.

"Singing sensation Mary Black will join Ryan ahead of her Lifetime Achievement Award at the RTÉ Radio 1 Folk Awards later this month. She will talk about her incredible life and career in music and will treat us to some of her favourite songs to perform."

Artistic Gymnastics? That's a new one on me-well done to the lad. Hopefully there is no misfortune in his life for Hobbidy to mine.

"Rhys McClenaghan will chat about being the first Irish person ever to win Gold at the World Artistic Gymnastics Championships, why Katie Taylor is his inspiration and what it felt like to achieve a dream he has had since jumping off his first trampoline at age six."

A man with a history of taking on impossible jobs (managing Notts Forest AND Ireland, after his successes at Leicester and Celtic) will be interviewed by a man who is impossibly bad at his own job.

"When he swapped GAA for soccer, Martin O'Neill couldn’t have imagined the road it would take him on, European Cups with the legendary Brian Clough, cup final wins in Wembley and a managerial career that saw him mastermind some of Ireland’s biggest wins in the past decade. Martin will discuss all, including how he feels about his time as Ireland manager now that the dust has settled."

Youtube guy-I have heard of him but I don't think Auntie Bridie and Uncle Ned will have a clue.

"Offaly native and YouTube superstar Jacksepticeye, otherwise known as Sean McLoughlin, will be in the studio on Friday night to mark 10 years in the business."

"RORIESH SHTORIESH!" as Francis (Buff Egan) once put it, is on to showcase his own Christmas offering (presumably, although it isn't mentioned. An inoffensive enough online content creator-I was at a loss to understand Buffoon's ranting about him when he appeared on Radio Kerry some time ago.

"From struggling in school to writing four books and sharing stories with over 1 million online followers, comedian, and author Rory O'Connor, also known as Rory's Stories, will chat all things comedy and the importance of perseverance."

Well done Cara!

"Ryan will also speak with 12-year-old Cara Darmody from Tipperary who sat her Junior Cert Maths exam last June, to raise funds for therapy services for children with special needs. As she awaits her results, she will talk about what inspired her to take on this challenge and her plan to tackle the Leaving Cert next year!"

Music (aside from Mary and her medley) will be by (checks notes) Ailbhe Reddy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,348 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Artistic Gymnastics? That's a new one on me-well done to the lad. Hopefully there is no misfortune in his life for Hobbidy to mine.

He was in contention for a gold medal at the Tokyo Olympics but fell off the pommel horse. So there is that. Second Captains did an interesting interview with him during the week. I can't imagine Tubber doing half as good a job, can you?

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭golondrinas

last time I heard Mary black on the late late show she couldn't reach some of the notes. I think her time has passed. Time is indeed a thief.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭kazamo

If he did decide policy, I wish he had followed the rules.

Last December, he had the sniffles and a slight cough and was a close contact of someone who tested positive.

While he was doing the home testing sent to him by the HSE, he went off and got the vaccine anyway. The day after, he tested positive.

If the general population behaved like this, the lecturing would be endless, Luke does it……nothing to see here, please move on.

Since then, every time I hear he’s coming on, I switch station.

No time for hypocrites

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,979 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Why do rte insist on letting a presenter with the sporting ability and knowledge of a concrete block interview sports people

Why do RTE insist on paying this man over 500k for the last 20 years when there is absolutely no way he could possibly command such a figure anywhere else??

Heres 100k.....take it or leave it....now fùck off....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,103 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Evening all!

• Advertisement

• She couldn’t reach some of the notes?

She couldn’t reach any of the notes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,692 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

🙈🙉🙊

Ryan pretending to care about sport...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,350 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Kermit the frogs blonde cousin is doing a song tonight called ‘sh1t show’. Very apt title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Ryan interviews people like he is interviewing the guest for a job while sharing some of his condescending advice .

At least Ryan doesn't make the LLS sound like an ordeal by constantly saying 'Alright, let's keep going.'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭CGI_Livia_Soprano
    Holding tyrants to the fire

I’d say there hasn’t been a single day in the past fifteen years where someone hasn’t posted a remark like this about Ryan Tubridy on boards.ie.

He’s a capable presenter, on the most watched programme in the country. He’s hardly gonna be doing it for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭Allinall

Funnily enough, it’s always said by people watching the programme.

• Advertisement

I watched a few seconds of tubridy there with the gymnast....its horrendous stuff...i was watching a hugely entertaining rugby league match....and flicked to rte after....sucked the life right out of me....friday night entertainment?....he just wants to get to a misery story to fake empathy.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,393 ✭✭✭CH3OH

They look so awkard on the stools.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,321 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Guinnessisssssssssssss....another Liveline term.

Margot Kidder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,348 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

He really, really is not a capable presenter. He's the Irish Alan Partridge.

Scrap the cap!

I like Mary Black. She has that nice song, come running home again Kaaaaatieeeeeeeeeee.......do be doo doooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Tonight's Gerry Kelly Show! Local comedian Terry McHugh, Dana, chef Paula McIntyre and Peter Corry are the guests.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H61mNsYmvJs

• Sing quietly now Mary

• Advertisement

"That ripple of applause from the audience."

*crickets*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement