Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 16 - Transfer Thread for one week punts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Did the same move, nothing else looked like a worthwhile punt except Martial but think he wont start

Wilson out.

Edouard in.

One '75% chance of playing' for another. A proper punt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Fair observation. Ive deactivated.

I'll hold off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Samuri Suicide

Ahh... Just going with the flow.

Regarding the bench boost potential, I'd definitely recommend holding off for a DGW as others have mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,009 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Gonna hold out until late as possible for transfers, and they are gonna be team leak dependent really. Risky strategy but it's where I am.

I want to see if Foden is starting. I'll bring him in for Saka if he is. If not, it will be Stones (or Ake or Akanji).

But now I am thinking of Zaha instead of Foden, and probably not as risky with server creashes etc. Is he a good option this week or is Edouard fit again and Zaha back on the wing? Rashford & Trossard also in mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Its a bad week for any chips this week really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭cullenswood

If I don't use a wildcard this week do I lose it?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Med101007

Is Callum Wilson injured. What are his chances of starting tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭macraignil

I think he just had some illness but it meant he came off early in the last premier league game with low energy levels and was given a bit more rest in the Carabou cup game during the week. No confirmation either way but he was training seperate from the rest of the team during the week according to quotes from the press conference today. I think he will probably play as he is the best centre forward at the club and beating Chelsea would be a serious challenge.

• Advertisement

not a bad week to play the WC if you still have it. it's a second free hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Why, do you have a free wildcard in December, or just a second one after the World Cup to use any time before the end of the season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,500 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Unlimited transfers during the world cup, so effectively a wildcard. Then a second proper/traditional wildcard from ~GW19 onwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Bound to be a lot of world cup players getting rests this week surely ? Wilson I would be worried about that Southgate will ask Newcastle to wrap him in cotton wool so he doesn't get injured. Could Phil Foden be another?

I think FunBobby could be a good punt seeing as he missed out on the Brazil squad. He could go all out to show them what they are missing

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Why would any world cup player be rested this week?

Premier league managers care about 3 points and playing their best players when they want to.

Pep/Klopp et al will not be resting their players because international managers asked them to(they can't), there's a week between gw16 and matchday 1.

If anything, I'd be asking all the international managers to rest my players because I'll need them fit and ready for dec 26(not happening).

Most international managers couldn't care less about points in the pl.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Some contrasting views this week as expected in a punting week.

I'm a Wilson owner and agree with Fingers. Confirmation bias probably, but if it's covid (worst case guessing with the WC looming) he'll get the all clear or not and Bailey (for me) or Pereira are good subs.

I'm not bullish on many predictions this GW bar Bournemouth so Billing, Tavenier and Moore are good enablers imo.

Do I run the gauntlet again and wait for leaks.... Don't fancy it at all.

I may just change my GK and bring in Stones. (say)

What would you do here 2 FTs 2.6M itb

Ward (Iversen)

Perisic Tripp Guehi (Neco, Jonny)

Salah Zaha Foden Saka (Bailey)

Haaland Jesus Wilson

Just a thought on transfers tonight. It may be better to let lads rise in price if they're one week punts or is that the beer talking.

Good luck folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,500 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Meh, it's kind of a unique situation really. FTs are completely going to waste if you don't use them.

I'd definitely change Iverson to another goalkeeper, if only to cater for the 1000/1 shot that the Leicester game gets cancelled for some unknown reason. Sounds like you already know this though. Probably worth bringing in the keeper with best chance of a cs. Allison, Ederson? And then Ward will outscore them anyway!

Iverson to Allison/Ederson, Guehi to Saliba/Gabrriel coz Arsenal game is 8pm live on Saturday and you can have a beer. Think your £2.6M covers that.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Kulusevski in for Saka I’m thinking? Might be too punty but I fancy one risk for the last day. Can’t be sure Kulu starts is the biggest risk

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭slimshady007

I think there was a twitter account that leaked the news Haaland/Foden wouldnt start last wkend - does anyone know what it was?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

A punt of Foden --> Salah for me 🤣

Been asleep at the wheel the last couple of weeks. Who would have thought Foden would turn out to be my worst transfer this season. He'll probably bag a brace now but I'd too much money ITB to not go with Salah.

Everyone captaining Haaland?

Rashford out Travernier in (for the week)

No reason except I watched the utd match and Rashford was pretty poor last weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Probably Haaland out of fear of him hauling, but I know a couple of Manchester journos think he won't start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭scotchy

Will he be right again?????

Edit . Some of the reply's saying its a fake account.😶

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

That's an impostor. The real one has ~97K followers.

That's not the proper account, it's a fake one. The real account just said he is announcing at 10.45

https://twitter.com/Teamnewsandtix?t=t2AT5zHLrGFBJ5zZ5HShhg&s=09

Pulled the trigger on those moves there now. Don't want to risk waiting for team news and ending up with two non-playing strikers because of a crash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭skinny90

Halland and Fodan start

• Advertisement

Haaland & Foden both starting according to that

Advertisement