Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE 1 last Monday night ' SECRETS FROM THE SHOWROOM' - used car dealer programme

• 09-11-2022 2:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭

not sure if this is on RTE player , didnt know it was on . Anyone see it ? any good ?

i know the Blackwater motor group owned ' CAR MAXX ' were featured , any other dealers featured ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Wasn't bad, it had Kylemore Cars, Ashford Motors and another place in Mayo I think.

It's on the Player...

https://www.rte.ie/player/movie/secrets-from-the-showroom-e1/336072232241

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭goochy

cork actually , I know its not PC but Nadia is hot ( seen her videos before ! Imagine it would be awkward for a guy buying from her with missus with him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,815 ✭✭✭creedp

Time for the salesmen to up to ante by binning those smart business suits and donning tight leather trousers and vest combos. If you can't beat em, join em!!

Though I'm not sure who would be most uncomfortable then..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It was cringworthy imo even by RTE's standards. Wouldn't encourage me to go near any of those dealerships. Some of the so called sales techniques wouldn't look out of place in Harvey Norman trying to sell you a toaster. I'd feel sorry for the notions that some undecided clueless buyers were fed to get deals over the line. Also that marketting guy must be steeling a wage to come up with that costume idea. As for Nadia or whatever her name is, listening to her for 5 mins was just 4 mins too long.

just put the volume off and look at her. lol

those s/hand car dealers are car supermarkets - its all about price , if you want personal service go to more expensive local dealers or main dealers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Cringeworthy, lowbrow stuff, I watched about 20 minutes which was enough. Did Nadia admit that she uses her tits to sell cars? That and talking about a Chelsea footballer's Lamborghini and lads who have made money from bitcoin buying them. Jesus wept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Your man doing the fancy dress thing was cringeworthy, agreed he is stealing a living.

I thought your one Nadia sells only high end stuff but she was showing what look liked a bog spec Golf to a young lad.

a mix- she has Renault master for sale too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭pah

MOD Edit less of that thanks

Post edited by LIGHTNING on

not a very nice thing to say , shes just been on The two Johnnies show - seems sound and is successful. Her mother should be very proud. Also who doesnt like them massive , can never be too big . lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Max H

In my opinion the dealers came across as totally unprofessional. Probably done more damage to their reputation than good. Oh and i don't want to buy a car from a salesperson because they have a nice cleavage. I would buy my car from someone who came across as professional, which this lot didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

No boss, I want to buy a car from a salesperson if they offer me a good deal and back it up with good aftersales.

If thats the case with two or three dealers, I'll do the deal with the hottie with the big tits.

Nadia is shifting serious metal with serious margin and doing very nicely for herself thank you very much. If she uses her looks on top of her business acumen, to beat her competitors in this very rarified space in the Irish market, then she deserves full well to put her tanned legs up for the weekend, grab her favourite cocktail and say 'f**k the begrudgers'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,770 ✭✭✭horse7

There was nothing to learn from the show and definitely no secrets, you may as well watch the keys to my life.

The Mayo one was actually Kevin Egan in Sligo!

Something else would be kept straight anyway! 😉

strange operation that Peugeot dealer in Sligo , I thought he was a s/ hand car dealer just sourcing a new car for someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,027 ✭✭✭opus

Reminded me a bit of the This American Life episode.

We spend a month at a Jeep dealership on Long Island as they try to make their monthly sales goal: 129 cars. If they make it, they'll get a huge bonus from the manufacturer, possibly as high as $85,000 — enough to put them in the black for the month. If they don't make it, it'll be the second month in a row. So they pull out all the stops.

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/513/129-cars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I was surprised RTÉ showed Nadia being so open about how she sold cards.

One of the places cars often looks shabby enough in their online ads and they did mention having cars shiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Do the fandango

Without getting personal and calling any one person out in particular, the whole show did the industry a disservice.

Egan’s was the only brand-dealer featured, the rest were stereotypical 2nd hand car garages. Eagan’s have a good social presence and put out quality content, there’s was a millisecond shown of their studio setup for car photography, but the producers decided to focus on the cheeky chappy stuff.

The whole “secrets” approach was a cheap title too. The clandestine days are behind us - just look at the Google reviews for any of the big players. Quality customer service is the mission statement of anywhere worth its salt - not just the places with questionable marketing techniques, or where a gang of lads are trying to win holidays by putting numbers on the board.

Its no surprise none of the big garages got involved, shrewd you could say, it was a stitch up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

i spent most of the Egans part trying to figure out if it was a swanky glass palace showroom or portakabins.

Turns out it’s a sort of hybrid of both

Documentary itself was predictable, go-to voiceover guy with weird pronunciation, village idiots for entertainment.

Had the best laugh from the schoolgirl looking for a cool first car, ended up with a Kia Venga that obviously had cleanliness issues inside judging by the amount of air fresheners she bought. Kevin Egans was probably the only professional setup in it.

• Advertisement

@colm_mcm She should have taken the boy racer Passat!

Must be bad blood between them and Liam Lynches right across the road!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭GIMP

Watched this programme, it was complete tripe, absolute rubbish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭mikeecho

I watched it on the +1

A load of shyte, felt sorry for yer one Nadine.

I've seen her before on tiktok.

You need more than looks to be a good salesman.

In time, plastic can only do so much.

In general what are people's opinion about Kylemore Motors?

i am trying to understand how Kylemore have come from no where and have now moved to swanky premises in Ballymount - this programme was made before the move.

why would you feel sorry for Nadia ? you are not very clever if you think shes only where she is because of her looks.

Peugeot really raising standards with dealerships, cant see Egans getting away with selling a successful brand for much longer from portakabins.

So if she looked like Susan Boyle do you think she would be having the same success?

In the motor industry? I know men can be shallow but seriously an 'unbeautiful' woman couldn't be successful? Do women not buy cars in 2022?

That is not what I said.

By her own admission on the program she is using her bra size to successfully get a high social media presence to sell cars, she is an influencer of her own business.

• Advertisement

I think Nadia has her own target audience and she knows what she's doing.

As I said I know men are shallow but I'm sure ogling a big bust online doesn't necessarily always translate into buying a car. No doubt its an USP, and at least its a woman admitting that it's a deliberate sales strategy. Can you imagine the response of the virtue signallers if a male employer stated that he hired a woman purely to exploit her physical assets. I'm certain RTE wouldn't have broadcast that particular nugget. After all we're all for equality these days, especially online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Ha. Why would she want a dull pversized Passat. The Kia Vegas she ended up with do was not much better a mini mpv basically. She has to start somewhere do. She is 17 ffs or at least she was supposed to be. If you ask me the father was a bigger ejit buying them all cars. What the hell do they all need cars for anyway? Ever here of carpooling?

That is the problem on the roads these days

To many big cars with only 1 or 2 people in them and young people getting cars far too soon. What's wrong with with till they are 20 or 25?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

The Kylrmore cars when the owner introduced the new uniform and the sales woman said F Off I'm not wearing it. I bet none of the sales men could have said F Off.

And then she said that you can't haggle for a TV, a sales person who never heard of invitation to treat. I know plenty of people who will haggle for a big item.

Nadia knows her market and sells to it, if you don't like how she markets don't buy from her. She's just doing what car companies did for years. If a woman wants to exploit her assets then she can, it is only a problem if someone is making her do it.

The Cork "marketing manager" bullied the lad into the costume or the double standards in Kylemore, they were the issues I had with the program yet people are complaining about the woman with big tits!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Cushtie

I havent seen this yet. Must give it a look. There was something similar on Channel 4 I think about 8 or 9 years ago. The dealership it was called. There was about 4 episodes. Must see if I can find it on YouTube. It was funny enough.

Double standards kyle more ?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭ofcork

Nadia has been at that a while on tiktok bending down behind the cars while someone revs it,works for her fair play.

She seems sound . She wasn't too complimentary about cork people well kind of 😅

Just don't let her sit too close to a heater.

All natural

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Seems like Nadia has annoyed some of the grumpy old men on this thread.

Not a patch on the fantasies of some dirty old men on this thread. 🤣

the blue Lambo Huracan roadster Nadia has ended up for sale at Cartwright cars near Tralee . Dont see how they think they will sell it all the way down in kerry when she couldnt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,191 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Says a lot about some people here that instead of recognising that a mixed race woman has built what looks like a successful company, in a male dominated business, they choose to focus on her looks. No wonder women tend to stay away from the business.

My takeaway from the program was that it is a tough business, and companies increasingly have to do whatever they can to stay keep trading. And it's only going to get harder as more and more move to online only.

in fairness as much i would defend Nadia , she is using her looks in business so i dont blame some men for focusing on her assets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

Funny reading the previous comments about this program.

I quite enjoyed it as I sold cars in three big car dealers just about 20 years ago and it gave me a bit of a chuckle seeing the lads in Car Max in their uniforms and porto cabins. As much as I love cars I didn’t really enjoy selling them and most of what I didn’t enjoy was evident on this show. The business seems to have changed though with the stack em high, sell em cheap car supermarkets business model.

As for Nadia, I think she’s great. She’s doing it her way and seems to be successful regardless if she is using her assets or not to sell cars. Fair play to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I watched for secrets and learned nothing

Nadia can sell and good for her.

I thought Egans in Sligo came across well. They have no inventory but not their fault

Everyone else was a clown and the already low trust of a second car salesperson might have dipped a bit lower. I’m not all that down with the “kidz” but the Fermoy manager had a point that you bring the car back for an issue what are you thinking seeing staff dossing around in costumes. The marketing manager can feck off back to Cork city

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 754 ✭✭✭dontmindme

She's soo smart she needs to jiggle her tits and ass around to get places. Shur maybe I should get my micky out to get the punters in and everyone can say how great I am and how proud my Mam must be of me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

internet mans dick or Nadia’s tits…tough choice

• Advertisement
Advertisement