Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NI Company with Irish Resident Director - Nobody will give me a bank account!!!

Options
  • 08-11-2022 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

Looking for advice from anyone who is an Irish resident director of a Northern Irish or UK company

Long story short I incorporated a new company in the North to trade with the UK. I'm Irish resident and the only director/shareholder.

Everything was smooth sailing Until I needed a bank account for the company!

Big no from Ulster bank, even bigger no from AIB in the north. I'm appealing the Ulster bank one as they didn't give me a reason just straight up refused despite being Irish resident in their eligibility criteria.

I'm looking at all the other alternates such as Monzo, Tide, Starling etc - all require the directors to be UK resident.

Any recommendations on banks that might deal with me? The business is a no risk business selling products - as vanilla as it gets!

Comments

Advertisement