Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three new plans unlimited calls, texts and 5G data

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭branners69

Do you have to add your number as the recipient? My next month is due on the 10th of November but keeps looking for a recipient even though I am logged into my Three account??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

I have the recipient set to "me", which is the only option there is for me on the drop down list. Do you have a few SIMs on the same account?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Jayno66

Anyone else having issues getting set up on this plan with Three? I ordered a SIM as a new customer on the 2nd (two days before the deal expired). Was due to arrive the next day but never did. Contacted customer service who told me it will arrive in 3-5 days. A week later today and still no sign, number ported successfully according to Vodafone, but no SIM. Three now telling me that they ran out of SIM cards for this deal and they couldn't send me one. They won't honour the deal that I already signed up to and paid for! I have to choose a new plan. Fairly shocking service I must say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ECookie13

Go into a store, they will give you your account on a free sim. they did it for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

SIM cards are not plan specific so that's a load of nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

The poster's number has been successfully ported so that would indicate that they have been fully set up on a plan already and the SIM that was dispatched to them just went astray.

So if the poster goes into a shop and tells them their number, they should be able to get a free replacement SIM with the plan set up on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

That makes sense. They should be able to whip up a SIM on the spot

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Jayno66

Thanks for the advice, I went to the store and they gave me a SIM with the plan activated. However I've just inserted the SIM and the 5G speeds that I'm getting are terrible. If I'm lucky enough to be able to open a speed test using mobile data, I'm only getting 1mb download speeds and upload speed is even lower. Anyone else experienced speed as slow as this? If I switch to LTE the speed is similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,142 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I'm confused. There was no such thing as pre pay when I first got a phone almost 30 years ago so I've never been pre pay before and I'm struggling with how it works.

Got my sim a month ago. Had trouble porting but got there in the end. Topped up with €15 to start the account. Topped up with another €15 at the same time so I would have the next 28 days automatically covered. Unfortunately the €15 I had in credit didn't start another 28 days. So I'm out of unlimited from midnight last night & the €15 I had in credit was used in out of bundle data in about 5 minutes this morning. I paid another €15 this morning for the next 28 days.

Did something go wrong? If I have let's say €50 topped up in credit should my next 28 days automatically be taken out of this? I'm confused because my €15 credit was eaten by the data rather than starting another 28 days. Did I do something wrong? Was it just a glitch? Or do I need to top up physically on the 28th day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭tiegan

If its the 3 Hero plan you are on, every time you top up by 15e you restart the 28 day clock. So better off setting up automatic top up every 28 days. Different pre pay plans with different providers have different t's and c's. The following is from the Hero plan t's and c's.

8. When you Top Up by €15 or more in one transaction the Plan will activate and the Plan Benefits 

will be made available to you. This €15 charge will apply each time you Top Up by €15 or more in 

one transaction.

9. If you need to Top Up again during your 28 day Plan Benefit period, it is recommended that you 

Top Up by less than the minimum amount if you want to retain the Plan Benefits for your existing 28 

days Plan period i.e. €5 or €10 top up. A top up by €15 or more within an existing 28 Plan Benefit 

period will re-activate the Plan and a new 28 day Plan period will commence.

10. The Plan Benefits will only be applied once you Top Up by €15 or more in one transaction.

11. Plan Benefits will expire after 28 days if unused.

12. You must Top Up by the minimum €15 amount, as specified above, every 28 days in order to 

receive the Plan Benefits, otherwise standard 3 Prepay base rates set out a

https://www.three.ie/legal/pricing/ will apply.

13. You may only avail of one set of Top Up Plan benefits at a time. When you select this Plan, it will 

replace existing Plan Benefits and the 28 day period for any existing Plan Benefits will immediately 

come to an end.

14. There is no carry over of unused Plan Benefits if you change Top Up offers or complete a new 

minimum amount Top Up before or after your 28 day Plan period expires

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,142 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this information. I never would have figured this out for myself.

I think I'll try set up a 28 day top up and set up a reminder to make sure that it's done.

Overall I think it's a good plan. 5G is brilliant when I'm out and about but I rarely download much then. It would be the business if I could get 5g inside my home. I was expecting the plan to increase in price after the offer. I never imagined that the plan would be totally withdrawn to new people after the offer date

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 776 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

How do I go about scheduling a recurring top-up ? As when I go to do it I get as far as the credit card screen and I put in all the details put me in the drop down box and pick €15 every 28 days but when I click continue it brings me back to the same screen ?

I also had this issue. Called in and the phone guy was pretty rude and shouty. Apparently you can only start a recurring top up when at the end of your current 28 days

Ah ok thanks maybe that's why it won't allow me do it as it's not due until tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Are the 5G plans different to legacy ones? Different sim cards? My wife picked up a Pixel 6a but has the legacy plan where you top up by €20 for free data etc. but get to keep your €20.

Does she need to change sim and/or plan to get 5G?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Hi guys is there any way of getting this plan. It seems on the website it's €25 for 5g now 😑

No unfortunately this deal is finished since the 4th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Damien360

Had the exact same issue. The site won’t accept the credit card and won’t save the card to the account. Had to dial 1744 (all automated) and it saved the card to the account so we can top up easily. But scheduled top-ups still won’t happen so set a phone reminder.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭tele2020

Data to use in ROI & EU is 1GB

No thanks

Managed to get it set up this morning when I logged in with a lot of trouble but it eventually went through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I think that the hero 15e plan will never be seen again, it was far too good of a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Wouldn't be surprised if the hero plan surfaced for Black Friday

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭branners69

Have the Hero package a month now and got a Red Mii 11 Pro 5g from Vodafone the other day.

5g speed at my desk in work is 700mb, outside the building is 1.5gb!

A bit of an improvement on the 1mb I was getting at my desk with An Post mobile!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Was hoping it might come back for black Friday, it seems all we are getting now is unlimited calls, text data for €20. Think i'll go for it, bought a 5G router for the lycamobile deal but their fair use policy is 60GB!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Cork981

The Hero plan is available again for anyone that missed it previously.

https://www.three.ie/shop/plans/prepay-phone-plans.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

Is there unlimited other network and landline mins on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭ACAandCTA

What 5g router did you buy and where did you buy it?

All seem v expensive, so trying to justify upgrading! Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭tiegan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭christy c

Advertisement