Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,371 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

He is just amazing - for such a heavy, unwieldy looking guy he's incredibly light on his feet - and he's just so understated - no showy moves, just a sideways look or glance conveys so much. And as you say, even when he doesn't get the full steps in, or is slightly out of time, it just works somehow.

I can't figure him out at all, but I could watch him all weekend!

And I LOVE Jowita as well.

As much as I want to root for Helen, and think she's brilliant - I think if she comes up against Hamza in a head-to-head, he'll blow her out of the water (very gently)!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Yes, I think they have it in the bag. They are fab-u-lous.

He is a gorgeous guy, so humble and sincere. Jowita is so lovely too. A perfect partnership.

We’re getting down to the business end now. No place for mistakes. Underwhelmed by Tyler. Kym made mistakes. I had it recorded and cut out the chats. Tony and Tyler or Kym for danceoff with Tony to go. Or I could be totally wrong and underestimate Tony’s fan base!

Hamza to life the glitterball, though I’d love Helen to as it’d by a big “Stuff you” to her ex.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

This is the thing I don't understand, why some people think that bigger people shouldn't be,or aren't, agile or light on their feet , or graceful in their movements.

Not having a go at you btw , just saying in general.

I would love to see Hamza and Jowita win .

Post edited by Mam of 4 on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,506 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Tyler and Dianne's Paso was all fur coat and no knickers. An exercise in self-indulgence

• Advertisement

I'm just watching the show back now, as I didn't see it live last night.

They way the dressed Tyler annoyed me.

It was obvious his bare chest was meant to be a distraction for viewers (and Shirley) from the dance.

I like Tyler and Dianne, but I wasn't impressed by this.

I love Molly and Carlos. I can see them in the final three.

I think Tony's time in the competition may be up, bless him, but what a brilliant contestant!

I think Shirley nailed it about Hamza when she says he just has musicality running through him, and I don't think that's something that can be taught. He's a natural. I could watch him all night.

And Jowita is swiftly becoming one of my favourite pros - I miss Janette, but Jowita fills the gap she left nicely. She was so good last night.

Michelle is good too, she was fantastic in that Bollywood group dance last week.

I'd watch him all night too ! Just rewatched the dance from last night and got chills again 😊

Jowita was brilliant last night I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭hamburgham

I watched the dance again and it does nothing for me. I think Jovita was very good and completely out danced Hamza, I don’t think he did much at all. Definitely a nice guy though. I really liked his calm, low key reaction when he got the 10’s.

I think my favourite last night was Molly and Carlos’s rumba, thought it was brilliant.

Loved that group dance.

• Advertisement

Molly and Carlos dance was beautiful , I loved it.

Hamza is my favorite though, he's just so enjoyable to watch, he has a lovely energy about him .

I thought Tony was feeling something after the dance. He was limping going up the stairs. Loved him, though. A complete novice.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Anybody know what the music was for the opening number?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,988 ✭✭✭Xander10

Ah a bit of real emotion there. I think his body is shattered from the routines and old football injuries.

He was what it is all about , a novice, who threw himself into it, and didn't take himself too serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Kalimah

I think it’s called World in Union. As far as I remember it was used at a Rugby World Cup a number of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I looked that up and World in Union uses the same music as the song I was thinking of. The music from the Jupiter section of Holsts The planets suite.

That was a brilliant opening dance , with the judges and celebs participating too , loved it !

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Hamza is fabulous . I lovd that

Hamza and Jowita, my favourites. I love how he makes it look so effortless and graceful.

I loved it too! But I almost wish it was the last dance of the show.

I always associate "New York, New York" with the end of the night, not the start!!! ;)

'

• Advertisement

Oh . I am no expert but Molly legs were too straight or something

Fleur thinks she is Janet Jackson.

Hated it.

Edit.... four tens?!? For that ?!? 😲 Fcuk off.

I personally don't like Fleur , but I thought that was brilliant. Tens all round from the judges I'd say tbh .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I have to say I didn’t really enjoy Fleurs routine….don’t know why but I was just a little underwhelmed…not sure why everyone thought it was so good.

Its her facial expressions always put me off, the gnashing of teeth...

Can't say I enjoyed it this evening, if I'm honest.

I know its Blackpool, but I found the other dancers on the floor very intrusive and distracting.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,371 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

My favourite by far tonight was Helen, she was just so light on her feet.

But I can absolutely see why Fleur got the 4 x 10, that was a brilliant dance even if it wasn't really my thing.

I felt so sorry for Will having to follow her, dressed like a souped up liquorice allsort! I think he would have scored higher if he danced any other slot in the show.

I think Kym has improved a lot. And Graziano is adorable. He is always so excited about everything, like a big kid.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I'm relieved that others didn't like Fleur's dance. It's not that it wasn't good - it was great, but I don't watch Strictly to see a music video. Again, what's the point of a showdance when couple's choice is undermining it? I knew Craig would pull out the 10 for it though, he loves that kind of dance.

I really enjoyed Will and Hamza. I reckon Ellie and Mollie for the dance-off: Ellie to go.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 9,506 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Couples Choice really is crap. Can't stand the concept.

Also, was Shirley hitting the sherry beforehand last night?

• Advertisement

I didnt either . It looked like a music video which I dont think suits Strictly at all . I zoned out half way through it .Her open mouth also puts me off when watching her .

My favourites tonight were Helen , Hamza and Kym .

Advertisement