Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The (Not So) Flying Scotsman

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

You've had a super year. Nice one lad. Happy New year. I've enjoyed following your log.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Well done C on a brilliant year, especially that 5k performance in Tallaght, outstanding & what makes all your achievements stand out more is just how unassuming you are. It was a pleasure watching you on the track too especially as you made it look so easy!

Happy New Year to you & yours🎉

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭scotindublin

Cheers P and looking forward to your marathon journey, we are going to be on very similar trajectories for that I think.

Ah thanks @Laineyfrecks, the track was far from easy. Good to have the Queen of Tallaght out supporting, catch you in 2022.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

Congratulations on a fantastic year!

That 5k was undoubtedly a standout performance, one to be proud of. It got my vote for performance of the year.

I think if you do increase the logging in '22 you'll have to lose that unassuming and modest character that E mentioned. It's not good for A/R award winning 🤣🤣

A very happy new year to you and all around you.

• Advertisement

Thanks for kind words and vote in the 2021 Awards. I shall work on being less modest in 2022.

Weekly Update

Just over 51 miles for the week after the epic exertions of the DH WBB Shield 10 mile XC on St Stephens Day.

Monday a bit of an acky creaky recovery with some of the DH and MSB crew....7.6 miles at 8.18 everyone else was doing about 10 but this was more than enough.

Tuesday 7.75 miles at 8.08 met one of the lads at the club and just rambled in the park.

Wednesday 6.3 at 7.59, headed to the club mid afternoon in the off chance any one was around, luckily one of the lads was heading out so hand company.

Thursday 9.3 at 8.40 had arranged to meet up with one of the DH crew in the evening for a run, it was a rank evening but an enjoyable run....probably about a missed mile in there after I forgot to restart the watch.

Saturday 7.16 at 8.35 headed up to watch the Tom Brennan 5k. A run which was fuelled by Brew Dog and Captain Morgans.....have to celebrate Hogmany....you can take the boy out of Scotland and all that.

Sunday 13 miles at 7.56 a good crew down at the club for the 8.30 start.....spotted AMK a few times on his epic Sunday run.

All in all a good solid week after the 10 mile...I wouldn't say the legs are 100% after that but 10 miles in spikes is not fun.

Anyhow onwards and upwards for 2022. Plan to get some aims down here so will try and post these before too long.

Cheers and all the best for '22.

C

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Bit late catching up on the logs. Took s mini break over Christmas. I'd seen comments about your performance in Tallaght but was left guessing as to what time you actually ran. I think you neglected to say it in your log update other than you were delighted with it. I should have asked at the to time but assumed you had posted it somewhere and I'd missed it. I still think I did 😃

Anyway congrats on a great year and belatedly the Tallaght run.

Thanks for the comments I hadn't updated the log in so long and I sort of felt I would look like a tool if I started it back up again based on my Tallaght run.

I was was actually talking to E afterwards and she mentioned to get back logging.

16.53 was my 5k in Tallaght, I was delighted with that.

C

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

I agree with above comments - that 5k performance was eye watering and got my vote for perf of year.

Sorry if I ignored you last week :) - I'm as blind as a bat without my glasses - so I always wave at runners in case they know me, but 9/10 times I haven't a clue who I'm waving at!!

Must get contacts!

• Advertisement

Thanks Alan, no need to apologise whatever routes we were on I just happened to spot you a couple of times, mostly on the other side of the road.

Very best of luck tomorrow C😊

A little late with the weekly update.

41 miles for the week culminating with the Dublin Masters XC on Sunday.

Monday : A touch under 10 miles at 8.37 , last Phoeno run before getting back to work.

Tuesday: Track session 10 x 300s with a 300 rec, decent stretch of the legs in advance of the Dublin Masters XC. Reps came in around the 60s mark, track was fairly slippy.

Wednesday/Thursday: Same Malahide loop of just over 6 miles....8.13 and 8.22.

Saturday:My normal pre race session. 2 laps of the acres with 5 x 100 pickups. 4.4 miles at 7.31.

Sunday : Dublin Masters XC 23.31 for just over 6km. The main aim was not to get lapped by Mick Clohisey so that one was ticked off. Paced it fairly well and worked my way through the field over the last three laps. Really happy with how it went. And some decent progression with times over my 3 runs out there.......I know time is not really important in XC though.

2017 : 27.09

2019 : 24.53

2022 : 23.31

Remind me again, are you self coached?

Something I have often thought about P, but all my sessions are run with Donore Harriers, I am part of main adult group which is mostly made of Master Athletes.

I think I mentioned this previously but I actually did not mind training solo when we were under restrictions.

C

Was just interested really - the results suggest its working!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,512 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Nice XC outing there, that's an impressive result - well inside the top 50, which is great going. Never going to be lapped at that pace!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Great run on Sunday C.

Clohisey lapped most or all of those who completed in 27 minutes and above. I'd have had to run well not to be caught by him, but there was no danger of him lapping you.

Thanks P, it is really just down to consistent mileage and sessions......I don't think there is really a secret formula to be honest. A bit of structure and graft can get you a good way down the road to decent times.

Thanks lads was really pleased with how it went. Got roped into doing the Leinsters in Dunboyne on Saturday to make up the team.....heard some interesting comments on the course.

• Advertisement

Weekly Update - 6 Days a smidge over 47 miles including the Leinster Master on Saturday.

Monday : 6.5 miles at 8.33 a pretty random loop from DH. Headed down the Quays and up Stoneybatter into the Phoeno at the NCR and back to the club via Chesterfield and the Acres Road....took it handy enough after Raheny.

Tuesday : 7.5 at 8.21.....had thought of heading to the Club to jog the road while the session was on but thought better of it. Ended up being an easy spin out along the coast road.

Wednesday : Headed out with one of the lads from work for my normal 6.25 mile loop to the Malahide Grand Hotel and back to work, nice easy pace of 8.51.

Thursday : 6.7 miles at 8.03.....took in the Swords Estuary and out into Malahide Village.

Saturday : Leinster Masters 55 place 22.03, probably just under 6k. About 90 seconds quicker than Raheny. Happy enough with how the run went but got beaten by a couple of Clubmates who I beat in Raheny. Got stuck in traffic a couple of times in the first km or so, I thought the course was fair enough but really just a lumpy uncut farmers field with a lot of switchbacks where you lost momentum. A good day for the club with individual 3rd in M35 and both Team and Individual Gold at M50.....we are particularly strong in the M50 category just now so the lads are really focused on the National Masters in Cork, probably not a trip I will make.

Sunday : A tired enough 13.6 miles at 8.02.....Good to get her done after yesterday.

I think this week will be easy enough and get back to club sessions on Saturday. Next race will be the Raheny 5 and there is a vicious rumour in work that there is no goodie bag this year 🤣.

C

It has been a couple of weeks since the last update, so have a couple of weeks to cover.

Week Starting Jan 17th - 43 miles, 1 controlled session and plenty of easy miles.

Monday 17th - Legs fairly wiped after Dunboyne so a very easy 7.5 miles at 9 mins per mile on a lovely clear evening in the Phoeno.

Tuesday 18th - Under coaches orders it was to be a controlled effort of 8 x 600s with a 300 recovery. Pretty much ran this solo and all was well until the 6th or 7th rep when I felt some sharpish pain in my knee, sort of thought nothing of it.

Wednesday 19th was very stiff all day in work, calves especially weren't great and knee seemed to take a while to feel right when walking after sitting at the desk for any length of time - probably shouldn't have ran but it was an easy 6.1 miles at 8.43 with one of the lads from work.

Home to foam roll (calves didn't like this) and hopped into the first of a few evenings of baths.

Unplanned rest day on the Thursday and had the normal Friday off......knee was still twingy.

Saturday 22nd - Didn't risk the club session and just ran on the grass on the acres 7.6 miles at 8.37 some discomfort in the knee still but running on it didn't seem to be making it worse.....continued the rolling/stretching/ bath routine. Decided to get myself booked in for a Sports Massage/ once over.

Sunday 23rd 12.6 miles at 7.58 - good Sunday crew but hung out down the back and didn't push too much. Knee/calves improving.

Week Starting 24th 43 Miles - 1 Physio visit/ 1 controlled session and 1 race in Raheny.

Monday 24th 7 miles at 8.07 in Malahide after work followed by a Physio visit for a once over. Headed to the Club to see one of the lads who had set up in the clubhouse. Explained what had been going on/how I had been feeling- knee put into all manner of positions and he was happy enough it was just cartilidge inflammation after running 3 XC races in the space of 4 weekends, the calves got a good going over as they were tight and was given the ok for Raheny.

Tuesday 25th 8 x 400s off 200 - nothing crazy legs were OK and just a bit of feedback from the knee starting the session after the warm up.

Wednesday 26th a very easy 7.25 miles at 9.08 per mile, more of a jog than anything knee/calves much better. Home to watch Celtic make hard work of beating Hearts.

Thursday 27th - ended up being a late one because of work. 6.3 miles at 8.16 nothing much to report. Legs decent but tired.

Saturday- 6.1 at 8.35 per mile, slightly longer than my normal pre race shake-out some acres laps and strides with the DH folks doing Raheny - no feedback from the calves/knee.

Sunday - Race Raheny - one of the aims this year was to set a decent mark for 5 miles as I hadn't raced one since Terenure in 2019 (30.08 in a race I wasn't happy with).

Good crew from DH out in Raheny and a good buzz about the place, was out stupid early due to concerns over parking. Spotted J when I was warming up.

Race itself - Aim was to get as low into the 28s as possible and felt I was in good shape to do this (turns out I was but just not officially today).

Fairly normal melee in the start pen due to sheer numbers and was happy to get a reasonable spot, a nice well deserved tribute to the Raheny Legend Pat Hooper before hand. Hooter went and we were off.

Will just list the mile splits off the watch -

Mile 1 5.42 had to do a bit of dodgy for the first 0.5 mile or so but nothing crazy, settled into it as we hit the mile mark which was impressively bang on according to the watch.

Mile 2 5.42 knew there was a slight climb to the highest point on this mile so kept the effort levels up but knew there would be some leeway in mile 3. Marker bang on again.

Mile 3 5.34 effort levels were raised but was feeling strong enough, a nice mile as we dropped down towards the park.

Mile 4 (on the watch not the course marker) 5.39 remembered that the section heading up the Avenue would be tough enough and there was a bit of wind to contend with aswell.

Mile 5 (again on the watch) 5.38 was working hard but still feeling strong.

The extra bit - 0.3 of a mile in 1.41, pushed as much as I could and crossed the line in a chip time of 29.54.

A solid solid run where the pace was well maintained so going to take plenty of confidence from that. The hunt for a proper 5 mile time continues (said in the same voice as the voice over guy from the apprentice).

Good chats with folks after the race, the DH crew seemed to have all run well, I am sure the hiccup with the course will be rectified in 2023 and thanks to all in Raheny for putting on the event.

Decided afterwards that I am going to give Trim a miss as I think the body needs a break from racing.

C

Nicely done there C, I could see you in the middle of the scrum for plaques afterwards, but out of earshot.

RIP Wim The Tim. Early start for Wednesday's run ?

Super run - official or not thats a great time - 28.15 if going by the watch.

Thanks lads, happy with the run paced it well......Will need to target Terenure now.

@Wubble Wubble early start looking fav for the Wednesday run, might WFH Thursday aswell, Saturday was massive and hopefully we get a result Wednesday.

There was some scrum at the end for water etc, a bizarre way to do it.

C

Well done C, great run. Lot's more to come from you over the year no doubt!

Thanks for the kind comments after Raheny. A solid week this week a smidge under 52 miles with loads of easy running thrown in.

Monday : 7 mile meander around the Phoeno just over 9 minutes per mile, legs feeling OK, maybe those Cheaters help with recovery.

Tuesday: Headed into the Phoeno with some of the DH crew who ran Raheny very easy again, just over 8 miles at 9.08. I think the girls enjoyed it as they avoid the park in the dark winter evenings.

Wednesday : Dragged the body out of bed early and headed into work for my normal 6.1 mile loop,done and dusted and at the desk for 7.45, was the early start worth it......100% out for a few beers and watched Celtic give Rangers a good hiding.

Thursday: 7 miles at 7.48 sandwiched between meetings in work so got out in day light.

Saturday : Session of Fartlek efforts of 400/300/200/100 solid if nothing overly taxing with the recent racing.

Sunday: A touch over 13.5 miles.

A pretty hectic January all told, 3 races Dublin/Leinster Masters and Raheny. Still managed just to sneak over 200 miles for the month.

Have no races planned for February so will get stuck into sessions as it feels like an age since really doing any, plan is to give the Dunboyne 10k a good rattle at the end of March.

C

I had deliberated on whether to resurect the log for this race report (thanks for being recommened to write this)but here we are and here we go - This might take a while 🤣

Bank of America Chicago Marathon - Finish time 2.52.46

A quick review of training - I had always planned to condense what I will call the "proper marathon" block from the middle of July to the end of September. The only race I ran during training was the Tullamore 1/2 when I broke 80 minutes for the first time. That result had a lot of positives (the only aim I had for Chicago was always to break 3 so I was on track) and some negatives, which were mostly and I don't want this to sound bad but managing other people's expectations on how I would run in the marathon.

To be honest training went really well, peaking at 68 miles.....I missed a few recovery runs when my body was just really tired. Some tough club sessions and good strong Sunday long runs had me well prepped.

OK to the bones of why we are here -

Pre-Race

Flew over to Chicago on Thursday - a bit of a pain when United stopped their direct service but otherwise uneventful. Got to the Expo Friday to collect the number etc, a massive operation but well organised. Saw a good bit of the City and caught the Bulls game on Friday evening. Probably too much time on the feet to be honest but at least it was Friday.

Saturday was due to run the 5k but decided to give it a miss as I was feeling tired and didn't want to be hanging around in the cold for ages. Got out for three miles in the afternoon.....a very quiet day apart from that. A lot of time chilling out. Lesson learned here is to book dinner for marathon weekend well in advance, we got somewhere in the end.

Race Day

Not that I needed waking but was up at 0415 to try and eat.....got a bagle with strawberry jam/banana and electrolyte drink into the system, the hotel had laid out loads of water/fruit/nutrition bars which was nice touch. Met a lad from work who was running and we walked down to Grant Park (much to the surprise of an American chap at the hotel who was also running, it was barely over a mile to walk down). Through all the security checks dumped the bag and headed into the start corral for about 0710.

Myself and the lad from work are very closely matched for times so planned to stick together for a good part of it but had said it was every man for himself when we got to the business end. We had said somewhere around 2.55 pace was reasonable.

We were off, fairly congested and chaotic for the first few miles, plenty of zigzagging through downtown Chicago - saw one poor lad face plant himself after about 3 miles. This wasn't the time to do anything silly, was actually behind the 3 hour pacers until just after 5k but we moved ahead to get some space.

It was a very controlled start, the only thing that threw me was almost choking at the first water station, I hate those blooming cups 🤣. I pretty much took on water at all the stations barring one or two early in the race......slowed the pace down going through them.

Settled into a nice rhythm as we headed North out of the City, there was a pipe band playing at maybe the 5/6 mile mark which raised a smile and made me think of home.

Everything was feeling good here and it was a case of keeping a steady pace and not going crazy. Had a bit of a wobble between 9 and 10 miles where the energy just seemed to drain from me but got back on track. Myself and the lad from work had a good laugh after 12 miles when I got a massive shout out (I didn't have a clue who it was, turned out to be the partner of another lad in work who was running, maybe the red hair and white DH top makes you easy to spot).

Through half way in 1.26.28 and we were comfortably motoring, past the real boss just before mile 14 and another big cheer of encouragement). Took on half a jelly energy sweet just before half way, I still don't like taking on much during the race.

We were getting to the stage where it was time to start digging in, the pace felt fine but you know you are starting to work hard. The miles are all a bit of a blur to be honest as I was trying to zone out and just run. We had been checking in with each other until about 16 miles but all chat stopped here and we got separated at about mile 19.

Aerobically I was bang on but the legs were starting to ache, threw a gel down me around 19 miles in, hoping for a boost......it was time to dig in a trust the training.

21/22 my glute/hip really started to give me some grief and I could feel twinges of cramp in my hamstring, in both Dublin marathons I have had to stop because of it, I didnt want to let that happen here. Around the 22 mile mark you can see the 24 mile marker so I said to myself dial back the pace a little for the next couple of miles and reassess. Probably dropped the pace by about 10/15 seconds, that seemed to work......any time I tried to up the pace the twinges came back.

22 to the end were a real guts it to the end, its mad what goes through your mind here......I knew I was on for a good time but was even thinking I can run 8 minute miles here and break 3. Got to mile 25, go on push it a bit.....nope body says no. 800 to go the crowds are going nuts, checked my watch for the first time in ages here, sub 2.55 was on but my head was all over the place so didn't know what it would be.

Where is the turn into the blooming Park oh there it is followed by the only hill in the whole race, worked the legs up the hill swung left and could see the finish line......boom done 2.52.46. Gave it the big fist pump going over the line a better result than I expected and the sub 3 monkey off the back.

5k splits 21.01/20.20/20.12/20.27/20.08/20.11/20.13/20.53

Absolutely buzzing after it to be honest, some nice chill out time in Grant Park afterwards and plenty of celebrations in the evening.

Body is fairy beat and my feet are destroyed but it was worth it.

Apologies for the epic post.

Thanks for reading

C

that's a super run and very consistent splits.

I know what you mean about managing other people's expectations - but I think you met those with that result!!

Out of the 3 US Marathons - this is the one I'd probably like to do the most - but the water in cups is a right pain!!

Congrats on a great result - from following your training on Strava its obvious you put in a great training block - congrats on getting an exceptional reward for it!

• Advertisement

Brilliant read C & even better race! You have been going from strength to strength & it's brilliant to see you get the just rewards for such strong consistent training, absolutely chuffed for you!

It certainly was a belter of a marathon for you😊 Enjoy the buzz!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

Fantastic C. Very well done. Hope you are still buzzing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭Lazare

Incredible result C, and so inspiring.

You really dug deep and gave it everything. Was tracking you and it was a joy to see how strong you were at each checkpoint.

Hope you're still swimming in endorphins.

Very well done - a few parallels there for sure with my experience. Great result!

Brilliant run C. Not even close to 3 hours ! One to remember forever.

Phenomenal run. Well done lad. All these Chicago results make me want to make the trip!

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone, still buzzing after it. Been walking the legs off myself in NY and got a run in today.

Recovering well but my feet are a mess 🤣🤣.

C

So we are pretty much a week post Chicago and although I am still buzzing after it I am now at the "what next stage".

This year has been really solid in terms of running and I have had PBs across the board 5 Mile (28.06 in the Dunboyhe BHAA race), 10k (35.28 in Dunshaughlin), Tullamore 1/2 (79.19) and of course the marathon which has been discussed above.

So what next? That's the big question, I am not about undertaking a marathon in 2023, will most likely aim for Boston in 2024. Between now and the end of the year once recovered I will get stuck into the club sessions and do some XC races.

The one big omission I have on the PB list is a good 10 mile, so I think that will be a priority for next year......Will aim for either Trim or Dungarvan and try and get the sub 60 off the back and then concentrate on the shorter stuff,I am not sure how much I have to give over 5k to be honest but do a couple of those too.

C

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭ariana`

Just realised I read your report but never commented, my bad 🙈 Congratulations on the PB, delighted to see it come together so brilliantly for you after the consistent work all year. Every second of that PB was earned and deserved, well done.

So the last few weeks have been a bit meh......calling it post marathon blues and have been really struggling for any sort of motivation. Diet has also gone to complete pot since Chicago.

Mileage last week was decent and crept over 50 miles including doing both DH sessions so a step in the right direction. Have also decided on a break from Strava for a while.

Going to get back on track this week and plan to get back logging on a weekly basis.

Since the last update I have been talked into going to Malaga with a couple of lads from the club for rhe 1/2 marathon in December which as things stand I currently do not plan to race. Signed up for the Trim 10 mile which will hopefully be a sub 60 attempt and should keep me honest over the next couple of months and I have also thrown my hat into Berlin as a GFA using the joys of bumping up an age category in 2023.

Onwards and upwards from here.

C

Plenty to keep you focused there C.

Just one question if you don't mind. I see a few people doing Strava breaks but I can't work out a purpose....what is the benefit?

• Advertisement

Thanks S, on the Strava question it sorted of spawned from really just doing bog standard run of the mill runs post Chicago with no real purpose to them. I didn't really feel the need to post them. It was then that I realised how much time I spend flicking onto Strava to see what others were doing.

It may end up just being a temporary thing I don't really know to be honest just now, maybe I will be back and be selective on what I upload 🤔 or have a cull of who I have seen my runs.....tbd at this stage.

Ah right...I just have mine set to upload automatically and I don't care if people find them vanilla 🤣 It's also my record of what I run...

Still have the trusty old Garmin app for recording my runs 🏃‍♂️ 👍

I hear you on the diet issue, I haven't stopped eating myself since Dublin😅 I am doing Trim myself!

Nice to see you back logging.

I hear you on a number of fronts in your recent posts.

My motivation went/ is going - I'm trying very hard to get back into it. I'd say had I raced DCM it would have been worse - but thats normal - thats the benefit of Jingle Bells, to get us back focused!

On Strava - Its a love/hate relationship with it for me. I like seeing and supporting others who run / met lots of people who I only knew from Strava - but it does add a pressure - at least to me - theres also an ego element that creeps in ("my last 4 miles were sub 7 - I need to keep the next 3 miles sub 7 " ) when you are going well - all internally driven.

At times I feel that people actually give a $hit about my paces, recoveries, miles etc - whereas its just me who does. Taking a break from Strava helps reset my phycology around it (daft as that sounds).

I think my lack of motivations stems from putting so much into the marathon and now I am like what's next, what do I want to achieve.

Will be ok once I get through the next couple of weeks and start looking towards to goals for 2023.

Maybe I am being a bit silly with the Strava thing but I am sorta liking not being on there too much seeing what others are doing. Like you said it is sometimes good to have a bit of a mental reset.

Great to hear you are doing Jingle Bells, I will be out stewarding again this year. It feels like the start of Christmas from the race onwards.

C

Are non run-of-the-mill posts less valuable? I think posting all runs gives a more realistic portrait of the dedicated athlete. Wouldn't worry at all (obviously, from my own strava activities) about being in a recovery phase, or any phase at all really. There's nothing to fear about a 'bog standard' run.

I'd say embrace it, and all that it says about your superior knowledge of post-race recovery, and all recovery. And at the end of the day, other runners are too caught up in their own schtick to even notice. Except skyblue of course. 😉

👀 that only happened with the poor unfortunate Novices in 2018. These days it's nothing more than a casual perusal 🧐

Weekly Update

58 miles - 6 days 2 sessions and one quality gig thrown in.

Monday - 8.5 miles at 7.57 pace. Headed out from the house down into Chapo along the Chapo Road and into the Phoeno at the main gates. Ran up to the Phoenix Monument swung left down the Acres Road and home via the Chapo Gates......steady run with the only thing of note was my torch giving up in the middle of the Phoeno.

Tuesday - Club session on the Chapo Road 8 x 800s off a 200 recovery. Reps were between 2.50 and 3.03 the ones back towards the club are always a little slower.

Wednesday - No run, went to see The Snuts in the Button Factory....cracking gig @Laineyfrecks one to check out on Spotify......there may have been a few Moretti on board.

Thursday a fairly tired 7 miles at 7.48 pace, 3.5 miles out and back from the club up Chesterfield Avenue.

Friday an easy double day with 2 x 5.3 mile runs dropping the car and picking it up from a service.

Saturday - Fartlek session on the Mag with the Club, ran on the "big" lap of the old Dublin Novice course 5 x laps took it handy enough, bit of an annoying hesd cold.

Sunday 14 miles with the lads from the club enjoyable run. Flew by with footballs chat as none of the DH girls were with us today, main topics were Keano v Mccarthy in Saipan followed by our top premiership players......suggesting Paul Scholes was a better midfielder than Stevie G did not go down well.

A decent solid week, diet is still shocking though 😑.

C

Cheers C will give them a listen! Hope you enjoyed the gig & beers😉

• Advertisement
Advertisement