Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching credit card. Avant Rewards

• 07-11-2022 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

I am thinking of switching to Avant Rewards credit card. is there a list somewhere of all the rewards available? I can't seem to find it on the website.

Any recommendations on cards is also welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭sonyvision

Bonkers is a good comparison site. I switched to advant from KBC. Got the 100 euro cash back after 3 months. App is pretty good, get a notification everytime the card is used and the wife has a card linked to my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭OrangeLavender

The Avant rewards for online shopping etc. are accessed on the Benekit app with Wrkit and there is a browser extension but I've never actually used it to get cashback. https://wrkit.com/products/lifestyle-savings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

The Reward of the Reward+ card is only really there is you carry a balance because your rewards is up to 25% interest refund on purchases every month (plus the 100 Euro one time cashback). That's it, there are no other rewards and if you pay back in full, you get nothing.

So, to get Reward you need to pay interest.

And even than it's limited:

The 25% interest refund is payable on the interest charged on purchase transactions on your monthly statement. Refunds are payable a month in arrears to a maximum value of €24 per statement. Interest charged for cash transactions is not eligible to be refunded.

Avant also offers the Avantages® loyalty program is separate on available on both Advant cards and as OrangeLavender points out managed by Groupschemes.

It's the usual mix of discounts and cashbacks on online purchases you get these days from the usual stores that are also on revolut or other cashback sites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Bojill

I'm with Avant and get up to 12 euro cash back per month, maybe that offer is finished now?

Advertisement