Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 23 Ultimate Team Thread

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Managed to play all my WL games today, ended up 9-11.

But the game is broken, as soon as you play 20 WL games it kicks you out of Champs and you get a network error every time you try to go back in. An EA special.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Oh, I’m doing that!

the WC cards are already in the POtM SBC lol

They're in packs too from champs.

Finally claimed my champs rewards, Schmeichal and Trippier. TOTW pack was total garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Holy Christ, they’ve added a load of classic FIFA songs with the World Cup update, only noticed it now. That’s actually a brilliant move from EA for once, credit where it’s due.

Nostalgia is off the charts right now. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Game is crashing every time i open a pack. Got crouch so far.

• Advertisement

Smolarek was my hero card.

Also packed Lukaku PTG.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,120 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

So packed crouch , laudrup and ptg Delaney from some saved packs that’s my first icon I think and in fairness have got Córdoba di Natale and crouch as hero’s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Got Brolin from preorder Hero pack, not sure if thats good or not. Also got tradeable Llungberg and untradeable Mascherano from saved packs.

Didnt get a single one of them red timed cards though from like 40 packs, should I have? 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Its arguably the biggest improvement they've made to the experience ever, IMO.

The fact that's s not gameplay based says it all I guess! 😅

Man, I know they had to nerf constant pressure, but in doing so, it’s made it quite hard to counter people playin 10 defenders and keeping the ball….

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,439 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

that heroes Saudi card is incredible. Only going for 480k, give him a deadeye and he'll keep you going till tots I imagine. He's like Haaland on steroids

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Jesus first I get put back to div 8 cause season 2 then gameplay feels like shite can't buy a win.

Wtf did the update do haha.

Did the SBC for Almiron ended up getting 90 Nesta in the reward jumbo pack! He's tradable as well deffo gonna try him out anyway might save me having to get VVD who doesn't want to stay down in price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Got Capdevilla in my pre-order pack.. Voller out of the hero SBC and nothing in the rivals / milestones packs. Onto champs! Looking forward to trying out Voller next to Kane…. I’ve got too many STs. Keane + Higuain sitting on the bench atm.

Sold Nesta he's not what I wanted him to be !

Who's the best cb you can get 320,000 and under? I'm running a premier league team but could play around.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

Didn't realise I missed the pre order deadline of Aug 21st to get the WC Hero card, pre ordered a couple of days later....snapping!!

Also saved 50 packs for the promo yesterday and got absolutely nothing, wasn't impressed.

But then rockafeller skank started playing in the menus and all was good with the world 😂. Agree with the above - best fifa update in years.

OOP Fofana has been my favourite so far this year, in terms of sheer presence. Can defend, and surge around the defence. But basically impossible to link outside Ligue 1 squads, admittedly.

Guess its Van Dijk so haha I just wish his price would go down and stay down he's holding his value big time compared to others.

Anyone not got a clue where to start with these World Cup swaps objectives/milestones?

Seems the best first step is to score 1 goal (can be done in any game mode) with each player from the World Cup nations, to unlock the 6 World Cup players from each nation. So you could load up your team with 16 separate players (11 starters and 5 subs) and do that all in 2 games?

Then once that is done use those to do the online friendly objectives?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,439 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

i read that reddit post completely arseways and played the first game to get my 16 goals..which I did.. unfortunately I thought I was getting 16 swap tokens lol :D I can be such a dumbass.

what's everyone thinking of getting...I know that Viera will be end game but I do like the option of the icon pick as well as maybe that 3x 84+x20 pulls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

2 games already this weekend I've come back from 0-2 to 2-2 only to be quit on

Avila and Trippier in reds, IF Schmeichel, IF Hutkovakis and Fodder beyond that. Not much to write home about.

none of the swap players look much interest to me, so probably take some picks and fodder packs.

Doing the swaps objective with the Wnglish players. Only have six. And two were keepers.

so I’m playing Sam Johnstone as a winger, and hes not awful 😂 I love the first goal mode though cause I’m burning through the Friendlies milestone too.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Brentmused you’re welcome for that free win I just have you. Thought twice when I saw the spurs badge though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Finished WL, Maddison + Gabriel for my troubles and Maddison again in the TOTW pack! I now have his 86 card three times in my club.

Holy hell, 1.8m for SBC Keane 😂

edit. Actually, that’s probably overestimating, but still expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Got Neymar in that 30k foundations pack from the store, can’t fit him in but I’ll take it. 😀

Is he worth rebuilding for? This is what I’m dealing with currently:

Can’t put him in for Park as he’s a CDM for me in-game.

Certainly wasn't me with the Spurs badge mate, but thanks for the thought anyway! 😅

Wow, Kuyt from that 30k pack in store, they’ve paid out so much for me this year. Thought he was my loan hero originally but nope, full on pull.

between him and Kewell, I think I’m going to have to swap to a new formation now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Schmeichel and Diaby from reds. Nothing fron the packs. Keeping the TOTW pack to see is next weeks better.

Also the new Brolin feels awful for me. Clunky McClunkerson.

Advertisement