Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blanch cinema advice

• 30-10-2022 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭

Would anyone have any experience of the wheelchair spaces in this cinema. Are they very close to the screen?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,272 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I was in Screen 4 the other night and as all the wheelchair spaces are on the floor, at the back of the 5 or 6 rows on ground level, yes they are quite near the screen. Certainly closer than I would like to watch a film.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Thanks i think the seat plan shows a wheelchair space for screen 3 in the third row from the front so I'll probably give it a miss

• Registered Users Posts: 12,642 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Was in screen four an hour ago and its exactly like this.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,412 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Are there any cinemas in Dublin that don't do this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,272 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Not that I've ever seen, but if they were designing them properly, like some stadiums and concert venues, they'd have a lift access platform for wheelchair users and companion seats right at the top, behind the back seats, not on the floor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Only possibility is the Savoy on O'Connell St, many years since I was there and before they redesigned and destroyed the large screen 1 splitting it up but it used to be a case that you entered the cinema screens from the rear and walked down towards the seating. As such the wheelchair spots were at the back. All the "modern" cinemas I've been to since are the opposite, entrance is at the front and you climb up and back towards the seating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Is the big screen one gone? Haven't been to savoy is years, but I always remember it probably had the biggest screen in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

Advertisement