Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,512 ✭✭✭✭noodler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,845 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I have to say the last few weeks Nunez has come on beautiful ,His technique , composure and decision making have all just clicked into gear ,

His cross on his left foot to Mo & his back heel to Bobby the weekend are two things he just didn't look capable of in the first few weeks, The lads been brilliant of late,

Hopefully he has a good world cup & comes back brimming with confidence ,

Would have been lovely for him to a 3rd the weekend ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

How were we going to pay for Tchouaméni if he wanted to join?

I wouldn't begrudge Arsenal the league, they play good footy and have built the squad the right way.

Anybody stopping the Oil nations winning it is good by me.

I thought the same at the earlier in the season but now i hate them & Arteta ,

Also he's spent 346 million since he's been there & only recouped about 60 million

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Robert2014

I think it's premature to consider Arsenal as title challengers. They are yet to play City and have some tough games like Liverpool at Anfield to come. Also they had a handy enough Europa League group, can they compete with 2 tough games a week in the business end of the season. They were ahead of the pack to get fourth last season and blew it at the end. It comes across as us in 2013/2014. There is a feel good factor at the team and club and are taking advantage of other teams struggling but not sure they have enough to compete if other teams get their act together.

I think the World Cup is the big unknown here. What happens to Jesus or Kane for example in they miss a sitter or penalty in the World Cup semi-final or final and they come back to a fully packed season?

Jesus hasn't scored for them in 8 games or something ,So form an Arsenal point of view its more of a how far can we go when he hits some form ,

There doing what we did when we own it & just winning each game when it comes. Its massive for building confidence,

They will be gutted with this break & possible lose of momentum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,302 ✭✭✭✭rob316

4th will be a great result for Arsenal this season but keep reaching for the top. Still expect a different attitude in the bigger sides after the WC, Liverpool have too much quality to be so inconsistent. I still see City winning it by a good margin in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,941 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So Ali, Fab, TAA, Hendo, VVD, Konate & Nunez are going to the World Cup.

I'd imagine Ali, VVD & Nunez are the only ones guaranteed to be starters for their Nations.

Urugary with probably the hardest group.

Hopefully no major injuries get picked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

What are the chances of Brazil, France, Netherlands and Uruguay not making it out of the groups 🤞, would be great to get the players back early 😉

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

it's something to be in the room with Piers and people are divided on who the biggest cvnt is??

He did have an illness yesterday, he's sick playing for United!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Yep... it's like in boxing when they have a unification bout.

I'm still not sure who I'd back to take the undisputed biggest cvnt title between those two...Morgan might scrape it on a points decision I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Some joke they are still allowed get away with this..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,400 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The City Carabo cup game is on the 22nd December at 8pm.

Senior debut last Wednesday, 17th birthday last Friday and first pro contract today.

That is some week the kid has had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,131 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

On one hand it's a shame that the break is now when the team were starting to get some momentum. None more so than Nunez. It feels like he is hitting his stride now.

I've said a good few times how he is always invovled and getting his shots on goal etc. It was only a matter of time before he started scoring them. I got the feeling that there is a hat-trick in him. It almost came Saturday but given his form, it might just come at the World Cup now instead.

I'd nearly take Uruguay being eliminated first, just to get him back and training with Salah, Robbo & Thiago again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Not for the first time I see people saying they hope players that play for their club get knocked out of the World Cup early so that they can return to their club to train. Most of these are guys who for the last number of years have worked their socks off for Liverpool, delivering the Champions League and the holy grail of a Premier League title. These are players who most likely have dreamed all their lives of winning a World Cup for their country. It would actually give legendary status in their country if they were to be part of a team that won the World Cup. You would think people who support these players would want them to achieve the ultimate success as a footballer, after all the good times they've provided for those fans at club level. But no, some people couldn't wish for them to achieve something incredible like that if it meant missing a few weeks of training. It's such an odd attitude to have, in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Where is the best for buying Liverpool kits for kids online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,504 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,504 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Great angle for the penalty appeal. IN real time you see the force of the shirt pull under Salah's armpit. Floored him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

I can totally understand the frustration about Arsenal winning it if they were to win it but luckily my younger brother is an Arsenal fan all his life (while myself my dad and 2 older brothers are all Liverpool) so I'm happy enough for them to win it for his sake. At least I'll know someone close who is getting some joy from it. Plus to him I've framed it as good versus evil with Arsenal representing good and city evil obviously 😃

Yeah I'm sick of it. Salah has been man handled and wrestled for years now where players like Kane and Vardy have manufactured their own pens and frees constantly during that period. It's pathetic and there is such a thing as unconscious bias you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Robert2014

It's just bias. It's not even hidden now.

Not sure there is enough there for you to playing the Muslim card though.

Leave that **** out will ya, there are hundreds of players of all religious beliefs in the Premiership. If there is bias, it is because he has at times gone to ground too easily, not because of his religion.

Christ I can’t believe I typed that.

Can't delete

• Advertisement

I can't facepalm but go back and read the poster's OP and then realise how silly you've made yourself look.

You should be to worried about hat poster they have a habbit of jumping in with comments without actually reading the thread, I am just surpised that the poster did not add their usual that the comment was posted for the likes.

Reports now that Carvalho has switched allegiance back to England after he rejected a call up to the Portuguese under 21 team by text message.

I didn't think it was pen myself but if Mo had of went down when his leg was clipped he WOULD have got it ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Although I think you're on the wind up most of the time , I would have to agree with this post.

It does come across as a very selfish attitude to be hoping that players dreams of playing in or winning a world cup are dashed all because they can get back to Liverpool and do a few laps around the training pitch, I think it would be better for morale of the players if they had a decent run in the World Cup and came back buzzing and full of confidence.

Salah not getting frees or penalties is very simply down to the wall to wall coverage over the years from English pundits saying he is a diver while England captain Harry Kane and other English players are just being clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I don't have any issues with this....

Hopefully not on full pay though!

Listening to Rory K Smith on a pod today saying he thinks it could be 12 to 18 months before any sale goes through and if the club is sold it will probably sold for a lot less than the $4B mentioned as well.

Would you take Gundogan on a free next summer?

He ruled it out himself today. However if Klopp asked I think he might.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Not sure I would to be honest...

Obviously he would know a Klopp system but we need to freshen up the team a bit more I think...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,072 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Yeah, good as he is, I don't think we need to be adding more 32+ year old players to the midfield. Find the next Gundogan who's 24 years old now, instead of the last one.

To be honest, I don't even want us going for anyone over 27. 23/24/25 should be the goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭dogbert27

What's happened to Tielemens?

2 years ago we were linked and he looked perfect for midfield but since winning the FA Cup he's gone downhill with Leicester.

Is it his attitude or the way Rodgers is using him that has caused the drop off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭antimatterx

**** this ballot process for tickets. I'll never be able to see a match.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure I would either however my one thinking is the midfield will be gutted next summer with Ox, Naby & Milner definitely leaving and I think Jones will go either on loan or sold.

That is a total midfield rebuild and yes bringing in 24/25 year old experienced pros is the way to go, I think bringing in one very experienced player like Gundogan who knows Klopp's systems like the back of his hand who would be a good transition player for two seasons on a free seems a decent move.

He has said himself it's off the table so I doubt it will happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭steve_r

I’d take Gundogan as a third midfield signing.

If they only buy Bellingham then I think that puts huge pressure on him from the get go - whereas if there’s 2/3 midfield signings then there’s less initial pressure and better cover overall.

There are other midfield options knocking around - Benfica picked up Enzo Martinez for 10m last year and Nunes at Wolves is meant to be very good, as well as many others mentioned in the thread

Given that Keita, ox and Melo are on the books now I would hope that’s there’s wages there for more than one of those midfielders- none of those have contributed this season and Gundogan has been performing well so I don’t think it should be overlooked - not as a main/second option but there could be value in it as a Milner / Gary mc signing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭steve_r

Likewise. If anyone knows a reliable way to get tickets please advise or DM me please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Join your local supporters club. They get a certain amount of tickets and if you pick a non rivalry game you should get them

Reports this morning that both Barca & Atleti want to sign Fab and the club have put a £50m price on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Its a joke, lucky enough to get United and Everton thats only as I'd 4 from 18/19 without that I was in trouble, those will bring me to 11 for the year, need another 2 to guarantee all games next year, so late sales and refreshing again for the second half but can be sure the requirement to be guaranteed will go up next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

If they let Fab go that means a total rebuild in midfield next season. As poorly as he has been this season, unless he wants to go or there is some underlying long term issue with him I'd hold onto him, if he returns to form next season he'd be worth way more than 50 million to us. Considering all the midfield departures next summer, signing Gundogan on a free might be worth looking at, he'd be a very good back up option for midfield, obviously would need to be in addition to 2 midfielders in their mid twenties to bring some dynamism into the midfield again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

City EFL cup game will be on Thursday 22nd December

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

I'd be happy enough with Gundogan as our next Milner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

I got lucky today

got 4 games

it is a shambles though

Advertisement