Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Amazing the amount of regional dialect difference in this wee country

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Was there a wherers syndicate that won the lotto and fecked off without me?.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Yes, they all came to join me in Spain to learn how to talk with a posh accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

IF there was, they left me behind as well 😢😢😥

Either way, deskside at "work" here, catching up with all the emails that came in over the weekend, feeling about as energetic as a stoned sloth...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

I should be trying to sleep but I've got my stubborn head on

• Advertisement

Ugh, don't I know that feeling...

Right phone down anyway, got to be up at four today. Toodles for now.

Have a good one, Grem. See you later 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Me today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Chilling with my big sister and her partner in their house in Holland this afternoon. 💕❤️👍👍 Taking it super easy as being here and with her is the most important thing. Flying back on Wednesday so no plans to go into Amsterdam etc this time.

Was absolutely jaded yesterday evening after about 2 hours max sleep on Sat night before my morning flight where we had to walk a million miles at Dublin Airport to reach the airplane. My sis’s OH collected me from Schiphol and it was so, so good to see my sis after just over a year since my last trip over, which alas started well - but ended badly as she and my OH had a huge falling out that I was caught in the middle of and which affected my mental health so badly I ended up in day psych hospital again. That’s all in the past now and we had a great evening yapping, catching up and reminiscing. 🥰

Missing my OH but he’s managing fine on his own back home and will give him a bell later. Very dry, cold and crisp day here in the small Dutch town of Krommenie, about 12 miles north of Amsterdam.

Might get out for a walk later - the countryside is literally down the end of her street. 😊🌈

• Registered Users Posts: 14,065 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Must be the warm weather. I took my , what I thought was my sleepy antihistamine at around 11.45 . Time for wordle and bed. Woke up about 2.30 am. Fockking hate insomnia.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

• Registered Users Posts: 12,166 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I bought another winter jacket. The second in a week. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

This is me today.

I think that's everyone today. It certainly fits my current mood!

Just glad I sorted out some stuff in my home office over the weekend. That makes this day at least somewhat bearable. Less than an hour to go here, and I'm counting down the minutes already!

Abed here... one cat on my feet... Little Tonto who a few months ago was a starved waif as his owner claimed he" did not have time to feed a cat".. A decent man otherwise..

Cat was so skinny his back legs splayed out sideways..

Now? All straight legs! Shiny fur and new, the loudest purr you ever hears... Proud of him!

Post edited by Graces7 on

Trundle time here, slept badly again, poo.

Tonto,,,. the face that launched a thousand ringpulls..

• Advertisement

I was trying for a second sweater/fleece but the firm uses Fastway who of course do not come out here so it got mislaid a while. Trying to persuade them to send via An Post!

Just home, absolutely saturated, full blown storm outside, no fecking end to it, roads are badly flooded already and my brolly blew inside out.🙁 I'm having a little glass to reward myself for battling the elements. ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

I started today badly with a meeting with my business partner where we discussed possibly pulling the plug in the new year. Then I had a meeting with one of my fellowship mentors and a slight pivot should see us crushing things. I now have clarity, drive and excitement in my company again.

However, during dinner this evening one of my 13 housemates took ill. She is late 40s and it may be a heart issue. We also worried it was an allergic reaction. Currently I am sitting in a cold van outside A&E while our Fellowship host is in with her getting checked as he is translating. I came for the spin in case it was anaphylaxis so I could use my EpiPen on her. Now stuck 40 minutes from our home, cold, alone and worried.

Yep, the weather is downright nasty out. Having to work from home really is a blessing for me at the moment.

@Witchie cripes what a day, anywhere you can get warm at least?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Lashing rain here. Supper, bed, hot water bottle.

The effing breeze here, office like a colander, next the rain will be in!.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,166 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Lamb shank and trimmings. Apple pie and cream for Afters. Twas great. Some work tomorrow. Desperately trying to keep Mrs G focused on the important stuff and the really important stuff. Gonna take her out tomorrow evening and remind her that sometimes life is for living. A one night of fook em!

@Grandeeod that sounds like a plan, got a plan for my own Mrs G next week *high five*

On a totally different note, how'd you cook the shank? Thinking of grabbing a few this week to make dinner for her.

• Advertisement

Advertisement