Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭paulbok

Not as good up in NE Ros yesterday (13.8kwh), but hit my yearly forecast total yesterday. Bonus production from today to end of year.

If I get the additional forecast of around 350kwh by end of Dec, my panels will have knocked out 94% of their rated output for the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,771 ✭✭✭micks_address

First day generating in North county Dublin east west 7kw system..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

That isnt too bad considering I generated 1.3kwh with 4kw myself. Pretty misserable days ahead........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭DC999

Welcome to the micro-gen community :) And you know you can expect very small output from now and that will drop as days get darker. I’m only live 3.5 months but I’m still delighted with anything produced. And even a few kWhs a day is all helping on the bills. Wait until you see the numbers once spring kicks in. Enjoy!

Thanks yeah i should really just relax about it now.. to much checking the app to see what the panels are generating if the sun is out and how much battery percentage is being used.. or left and how much is being imported.. its easy to get carried away with it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

That's pretty good. For comparison, D16 here with 5.3Kwp split exactly (E/W) I generated 1.3kwhr, so your smashing it.

(I'm also about 3Km from the Dublin mountains which can depending on the wind direction create some localized clouds in the area e.g.)

Dublin/Wicklow mountains tend to create their own micro-climate. Also, get used to ....

Ireland Visible - Met Éireann - The Irish Meteorological Service

It's your friend :-)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

What a two inverter, 4 strings facing 5 directions and estate/tree shading impact looks like on a cloudless day. Some aspects optimized.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭sligopaul

15kwh generated in Sligo yesterday and producing away at the moment with washing machine on and battery already over 50% full

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

I'm pleasantly surprised by what is possible in November, when we get the weather, 6-7kwh each day this week from 3kw SW. the 1kw NE is doing almost nothing at this point as I expected. Just over a month to the solstice, so I guess there will be probably only 2 really bad months for output, and the second one will show an improving trend ( weather permitting I know ) .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

Yeah, it's really Nov, Dec and Jan which are the bad ones. Feb sees a pick up or sure, albeit with it only having 28 days on a month-by-month basis it doesn't rate much more than jan. March last year was Stellar.

• Advertisement

9.68kwh today.. probably best day since installation last Friday.. next few days don't look hopeful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

10kwh today from my 4kw system. Most steady day of production which I have had since system was installed early this month.

I fitted two optimasers to address the shading from the chimeney but cant tell if the shading does affect production at all......early days to tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Bif

Good day at the office. 6.9 kWp south facing.

Some great results there, S facing without shading rules them all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,397 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Yeah south is king.

I have 7.44kWp but only 4kWp of it is south and I've done 11.7 and 11.2 in the last 2 days. Never going to see 20kWh+ in November.

Mind you in the last 2 years with 6.2kWp my best day was 8.5kWh. This year with 1.2kWp more south I've cracked 10kWh 4 times in 16 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,082 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

0.1kWh yesterday.

As a result of stupid crappy bureaucracy nonsense. Planned outage from 900-1730 so I got basically no generation thanks to stupid fireman switches turning off my panels. I also had to run my office etc on two 13a sockets instead of having the lights and sockets circuits wired to the EPS outlet.

Thanks SEAI for your grant but f**k you for your stupidity.

I rarely get planned outages but did yesterday too and nowhere near you or others that have mentioned it, weird

Yes, I checked the powercheck map and there were at least 10 planned outages in the lower half of the country yesterday. I wonder was it to do with the recent storms and having to make safe any emergency/temporary repairs.

My issue isnt with the work or the outages, but rather with the nonsense of having to wire up some 12v circuits running and charging from my 48v battery and 240v EPS 2*13a sockets - instead of being able to flip a breaker switch and run the house off the EPS. Our base load is 400-900w so we could easily cover this on the 5kW peak 3kW continuous EPS rating on my Solis inverter. The only reason this is not possible is due to SEAI grant. I wish I wasnt going for the grant, probably would have gotten a cheaper isntall and done the way I wanted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭DC999

I reckon it's winter readiness for the grid. Grid is gonna be under more pressure this year supply wise with the gas + energy supply issues across europe. There's likely planned work they couldn't get to before so that's being done now to catch-up. I could be wrong, but I reckon it's 'getting the house in order' - which is a good thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,683 ✭✭✭con747

As soon as the grant hits your suppliers account get them out to bypass it all or if you can yourself. I'm just waiting on my supplier to have a job nearby to do mine and a couple of other bits. I always have 3-5 power cuts between now and February.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement

Yes absolutely. My electrician is out to t he house next week to fit my Eddi and to rewire/upgrade my consumer unit. I'll explain to him what I intend to do so it can be set up as EPS and non-critical circuits. Basically lights and sockets to go on EPS, EV charger, showers, oven etc to go on non-eps. He's also fitting a changeover switch to run on my generator in the event of a power cut. Thats my step 1. Step 2 will be next year, when I intend to change my batteries for ones with a higher discharge rate, and upgrade my inverter.

Like I said - looking at the effect on my daily production and having to have the power out - I wish I hadnt gone for the grant at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,683 ✭✭✭con747

I will be pulling the fireman switches out as well to charge battery and cover base load when generating as well. My northern supplier said it's no problem and they are only used down south.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

The grant money way outweighs lost production mid November and your inconvenience, I think your head knows this.

You'll get money for the fireman's also when you take it out.

PV is a journey, the first install is all grant assisted with installers for most of us but after that the DIY route is long with large gaps of nothingness as "life" happens

5.37kw h today but tomorrow doesn't look great at all..

Looks like today is going to be a record dark day for me.. currently generating 7 watts

7watts!! I doubt that, most inverters will need at least 20w to start up, probably 70w but still, nothing really

thats what my givenergy app was reporting.. maybe they take off the 20w startup.. up to a whopping 87watts now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭circadian

If there's a battery attached that'll keep it going, at least it does on my setup. currently generating 126 watts here which isn't bad considering all I can see is rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭irishchris

Funny how different parts of the country can be so far apart in terms of production. Wasn't promised great here but ended up with just over 23kwh

Advertisement