Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Talk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

They are also bringing in dynamic pricing in some European locations. We're especially interested in the European situation since we'll be using the Supercharger network a lot more there than in Ireland.

Starting 11 October 2022, a selection of Supercharging sites in the region will offer discounted overnight charging. Over time, this discounted off-peak pricing structure will be offered at more sites, including those open to non-Teslas.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Yes, but the off peak rate is 60c wich is still a 10c increase

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭wassie

Anyone have any idea roughly what time off-peak rates kickin?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

It's in the car as depends on the location, I used the SuC a lot when I had the free charging as they were so easy to swing by and just chill whilst sucking up the kW, haven't used them since, in fact I just have one fast charge since March and that was only a quick test to ensure it was working, charging exclusively at home, mostly PV but that is now coming to an end for this year

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Just touching on this. I also don’t use public chargers and I actually have no way of knowing if my cars CCS is working or not!

I must plug in every now and again to test!

• Advertisement

I just looked back on my previous S which had free SuC, was using around €320 a year so not lots, but that was at 36c a unit, now likely €700+ per annum, the couple I sold it to don't live too far from Sandyford SC so hopefully they are getting all their charging for free, once a week charge should do them from chats when selling

I had 2 Model S’s with SC01. And used the SuC once! Still though, would be a very nice thing to have especially if one popped up near me in Northwood as planned.

I will be torn if a SuC pops up near me, I was well willing to go out of battery warranty on my S and pay for a new 90 pack but just too many other issues associated with early Freemont builds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Can an SC01 Tesla be adapted in some way to enable V2L/V2H ? I presume it would void your warranty but surely a lot of them have very limited warranty anyway.

I had a sine wave inverter setup with mine, just hook up to the front battery terminals and run an extension lead off it, not sure what the max output was, backup in case of power cut

• Advertisement

There’s a guy somewhere that has a leaf 24. He fills up in work for free everyday and then goes him and plugs intk the house and powers the house 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭joe1303l

I wouldn’t feel bad stealing from Elon Musk but I don’t think I could do that to my employer.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

You could do something like the below but as it would be coming from the 12v, your power would have a lot of heat loss and probably be limited to 1-2kW at a push.If you managed to get a super cheap SC01 car with a good size pack remaining and lived close to a supercharger you could probably run a few off grid circuits but you wouldnt be able to do V2H as the output isnt there.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,352 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I connected a 600W continuous sine wave 12V inverter to the lead acid battery in my nosecone Tesla Model S via the jump terminals behind the nose cone, using the car's own 50A fused system. That's after modifying the car so it was always awake (so no chance of the 12V going low). Wouldn't recommend going much higher than that directly from the 12V lead acid battery in any car. It's very inefficient though using lead acids, but if you get free juice, why not.

You could of course connect directly to the DC-DC converter then you could get more power, in the Tesla easily 2kW

Or (do not try this at home), connect the high voltage battery directly to a suitable inverter in your home, like a solar PV inverter. This will draw the maximum amperage that your inverter can do times the voltage of the battery pack, so if you have a beefy inverter that can do 25A and your battery is 400V, it can provide 10kW all day long, plenty to power any house, including electric room heating and hot water heating 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭JOL1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭eagerv

• Registered Users Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭sk8board

the SP under consistent selling pressure all day today.

Q3 Kelley Blue Book data on ‘luxury brand buyer interest’ report interest in the Tesla brand dropped 10% in the quarter, one of the biggest quarterly drops ever - most likely Musk’s antics turning off potential buyers, albeit it doesn’t cover the past few weeks of twitter stewardship.

disgruntled retail Tesla shareholders giving off at their absent CEO today too, asking him not to abandon them, something we’ve seen v little of.

Tesla brand dropped 10% in the quarter, one of the biggest quarterly drops ever - most likely Musk’s antics turning off potential buyers,

Unlikely.

I'd suggest the impact of rising interest rates, inflation and job security (especially in tech) on potential buyers is the more obvious answer.

That would affect all brands though - consumer interest in the other luxury brands (the report is US only), were either flat or up, it’s not a metric that should ever change much.

ill try to find the report itself, I only read a synopsis and listing of the top 10

edit: here’s the report:

• Advertisement

My read of that article doesnt suggest that Musk/Twitter factor is the most likely factor as you suggested.

Intensifying competition from other automakers now offering electric vehicles, price hikes and lack of new products when the market is being barraged with new EVs may be causes of Tesla’s cool down. CEO Elon Musk’s controversial $44-billion acquisition of Twitter and provocative political comments may also have contributed to Tesla’s drop.

Either way, its a bit of a bullsh!t metric. What matters at the end of the day is sales.

Even then, car sales figures have been distored over the last 24 months due to supply issues as manufacturers have had to priortise certain models in selected markets.

Tesla had an advanatage, mainly due to its management of its semi-conductor suppy chain, as did Toyota until this year. We may well have seen vastly different results if it were a normal market.

Like Apple and Jobs, Tesla is Musk centric, whilst he sleeps in Twitter offices he is ignoring Tesla, take his SpaceX and Boring duties and he's spread too thin so the market is reacting, he will be forced away from Twitter soon, it was a bridge too far, one person cannot head up that many companies, non-executive basis maybe but not a Musk's level of intensity.

Disney are also CEO centric and Iger is back after just 6months retired, even the announcement of his name will bring faith back to steady a rocking ship

Analysis is overly simplistic -- share price movements are not binary or limited to any one single factor, more a combination of all.

Diversion and bandwidth of Elon Musk is not a positive for the share price, as on the face of it there are key dependencies and the worlds most valuable Automaker has a CEO who is spread too thin and his attention is elsewhere. To date he has been the face of Tesla, the one rolled out to the market, rather than a more robust senior team (hardly ideal governance) but the other factors also come into play, global economies struggling, consumer sentiment low, supply chain disruption and negative sentiments around one of their key markets (China) in terms of consumer demand but also the impact of more Covid related lockdowns on Chinese economy. Recessions across the globe coming at a time when Tesla's production capacity has ramped up. Put them all in the blender, press blitz --> Market reaction on share price . I hope we are seeing the bottom of it. Whilst some regard Musk as a genius he also brings huge risk and volatility in terms of his propensity for loose comments, changing opinions which all adds to risk. . Markets don't like uncertainty.

every SP returns to the mean-line eventually.

there’s a lot of P/E valuation being put into all those future projects announced over the past 3-4 years to show investors that they’re not just an industrial stock - it’s likely that investors are losing patience, especially as the business has lost its driving force for a few months now, and are slowly discounting the value of those projects, until such point as they actually deliver something beyond a 2 mass-model car company.

Peak forward p/e was over 900 (which was peak ‘future magical project announcements’), and it’s 50 today, still overvalued in this bear market compared to the FAANG big tech companies Musk wants them to be.

they need to deliver something magical soon, and they effectively have no CEO for months now.

no positive market reaction to the 2 recent projects, the humanoid robot, and the level 2 autonomy FSD Beta update. Both updates confirmed that the respective projects have years of work to do.

Tesla latest software working on detecting the AP cheat grips. Will force a disengagement of AP if detected.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,639 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

That sucks. I only got one yesterday. Used it when doing 10kph on the M50 😂

Was nice not to have to touch the wheel every few seconds. I kept alert and the drive was even more comfortable than usual. It didn't work 100% of the time either, so you really need to keep on top of it.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 65,352 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

George Soros, the billionaire investor, just trebled his stake in TSLA. But shure he is wrong and this bloke @sk8board from the internetz is right 😂

P/E for TSLA is super low at the moment. Lower than AMZN. And what world changing things are Amazon bringing us that could net them billions in profits from super high margin products? 🤣

Personally I dumped a lot of my other shares, realising a capital loss on all of them, and loaded up on TSLA in the last week or two.

Best of luck with the investment. Soros's stake is still relatively small. Volatility in share price is not helped by Elon's propensity to issue unpredictable Tweets. Love him or hate him be is a loose cannon and a Company as large as Tesla without a dedicated CEO remains an issue that overhangs market sentiment . A lot of potentially positive factor are on the horizon (launch of Tesla Truck, Model 3 makeover) so hopefully yesterday's bounce in share price will benefit you and continue .

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Fantana2

Taking losses to reduce diversity, an unusual strategy.

6.96kwp South facing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Advertisement