Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reolink wired camera, new broadband

Options
  • 11-11-2022 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

Hi All, Bear with me

I Have a Reolink 820, wired camera outside my front door, my sky router was my broadband in the hall and I have a POE adapter

Got new broadband this week which is installed in my living room, which means the camera is now not connected for broadband

So rather than having cables etc outside my bay window and front door, do I just need to buy

a wired wifi enabled camera

OR would a wifi extender with ethernet port work to enable broadband connectivity

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

If you had it plugged into a socket in the hall then you could use a powerline adapter in the hall and local to new location of router.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

Thanks altor, I'm not too tech on this , could you explain what It means "local to new location of router"

Yes I had the cable connected in the sky router originally so cable still there but broadband is now in the living room

I have been on amazon and YouTube trying ti figure this out, would one of these work ?

Appreciate your help pf course , thanks

TP-Link AC1200 Wireless Dual Band Full Gigabit Wi-Fi Router, Wi-Fi Speed Up to 867 Mbps/5 GHz + 300 Mbps/2.4 GHz, 4+1 Gigabit Ports, Dual-Core CPU, Parental Control, Easy setup (Archer C6)

OR

TP-Link TL-PA4010PKIT Passthrough Powerline Adapter Starter Kit, No Configuration Required, UK Plug, Pack of 2

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

Got it sorted, bought the tp line power line adapter set, does the job. delighted . Thanks for the help @altor

Advertisement