Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda - The Twenties?

Options
  • 11-11-2022 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Eyeing up a new development in Drogheda - Ferrard Park, The Twenties and would love to get some opinions on the area for people living around?

I've spent the last few days reading threads on here about Drogheda in general dating back 2018 till present and it's been mixed reviews. The Twenties seems close to Moneymore so wondering if this is a development I should prob avoid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Being across the road from Moneymore and Laurence's Park aside, the traffic on Cross Lane and anywhere around the hospital would be enough to keep me away and it's only going to get worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭poker2k9

Thanks for the feedback. Somewhat concerning as now I have to weigh going for this at the current price or paying more to look for new location as prices are soaring.

Is the traffic bad all day round or are there time spots? Like 7-10am, 3pm, and 4-6pm with school rush hours I reckon are horrid?

I mostly work from home, so maybe not too bothered with traffic. If I do need to get into the office, I tend to get in around 11am (Dublin City) and work tad bit later for US zoom meetings. So with the above , would the anti social behaviours across the road still warrant staying away?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

For me, it's a bit too close to some pretty rough area's. It wouldn't bother some people and you might never have any issues but personally I'd be looking elsewhere.

I'm usually only up that area on Saturdays or when there's a match on (another consideration) but I've never known traffic to be quiet there on any day.

On house prices, I don't think they're soaring or going to soar again for a while. It's only 3 bed semi's and first time buyer properties that are still increasing and with the recent interest rate increases, and with more to follow, I think property will come down over the next 12-18 months. I've been looking at moving myself and I see lots of houses dropping in asking price. I'm also amazed at how many houses go Sale Agreed only to pop back on the market 2-6 months later after the deal's fallen through, some several times. My dad's next door neighbour out in the Naul has had a house for sale recently at €475k and has accepted an offer of €417k and the buyer won't sign til January. A house I was looking at over in Donore was €545k a few months ago and is now up at €475k. This house on Rathmullen Rd was up at €450k a month ago, now €400k. I'd be weary buying right now.

Advertisement