Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Championship Barbican York, 12th - 20th November BBC, Eurosport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Sweet Talkin Romeo

goes for a brown in baulk does Matt - hits blue on way down table ☹️ break over

6-2 to number one - finishes off with a century

Matthew weren't up to much really

a few surprising misses from Ronnie, but will put that down to lack of competition from his opponent - hard to concentrate when it's just too easy 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

RO'S giving Stevens a lesson. But Stevens threw away a lot of chances.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

It is getting to the stage where why bother interview Ronnie? All his interviews are the same.

Murphy asked him a good question if you don't enjoy it why do you keep coming back?

Ronnie said 'Otherwise I get bored'. And Hazel, Murphy and Doherty were kind of looking at him as if to say this fella is not all there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,732 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Ronnie enjoys snooker as much as Ali enjoyed boxing. Can't stay away.

You don't ball your eyes out crying after winning like he did in Sheffield if you dont care or dont enjoy it. Telling himself its just for fun etc is all Steve Peters. Keeps Ronnie on track.

• Advertisement

was watching that BBC interview - funny alright 😂

bit annoying when Ronnie was about to elucidate on summat or other (can't remember exactly, could've been about how he's feeling etc,,) ; anyway Spud jumps in and interrupts The Great One with some rudimentary question 😒

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Thought it was an alright interview as these things go with him. Can definitely see the mental process at work there and seems to be working for him as well. A step up from the Mr Robot of 2-3 seasons ago anyway!

Is this ‘energy drink’ sponsorship a new thing? I assumed it was only Robertson as he was supposedly sick the last day. But they all seem to have it laid out beside the table. In the little over priced cans.

Personally that stuff would sicken me. All sugar too sweet. Might as well be a few pints a frame like Bill Werbunik instead, it would be as healthy!?

looks like Irn Bru/Lucozade or something that concoction

saw Robbo cracking open a tinny of it yesterday,, figured he was the only one, but seems like half the players are drinking the stuff

bit strange alright

It's a Red Bull vitamin drink of some sort and i imagine they will be pushing it hard and encouraging players to imbibe copiously with a view to getting them to upgrade as main tournament sponsors in the near future.

• Advertisement

Parrott and Davis are a good mix on commentary I think. They are ‘playing’ every shot in the Yan/Zhou match.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Elon Musk

Ronnie to win it in second gear.

That company could send Ronnie to space as well if he gets really bored. 🤔.

I don’t get that drink at all Marketing greater than taste I think.

Had to laugh earlier when the yellow was close to centre pocket, Parrott going on for several minutes how difficult it was "given these pockets" and in the end, Yan just casually tapped it in with barely a moments thought. I have some respect for Davis as an analyst, not a lot for Parrott tbh.

Never tried it. Am an old school lucozade man myself, though can't seem to get the old bottles that had the paper wrappers on them!

confident black there from Zhou!

I wonder what the viewing figures in China are for this? Edgy misses from both Zhou and Yan.

I don’t think Zhou will get much further in this, I think Yan is a better all rounder.

Given that 20m supposedly watched a stream of Dings qualifier against Rob Millions, I'd say it's safe to assume at least that or even several million more.

Shaun Murphy pretty much a permanent fixture in studio,, thought I heard Joe Perry on comms last night for the Beeb - doesn't bode well for their chances, imo

certainly seen the negative effects before for Shaun, when he got beat after doing a few stints punditing/commentating, while still in comp,,

I'm backing whoever is up against Murphy next round ;)

• Advertisement

Murphy playing Gilbert next,, 11/10 Dave , so too short that for punting purposes

Yeah, they half joked about it a lot more of top seeds out already. Murphy said he doesn’t like that.

I think Murphy is angling for a snooker admin job in the future. That’s the impression I get anyway.

perhaps he could be an MC or something 😃

think Allan Taylor? had a similar gig before, unless i'm mistaken - i'd say Murphy would love to be in a 'ringmaster' type gig meself haha 🤣

a new nickname for Mark Allen: Nostradamus 😁

he's calling shots like a mofo on the Red Button, alongside JV 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭Genghis

Funny too, that comment about not recommending Williams lean too heavily on the table with his current issue.

Has potential has Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

I’m liking Mark Allen in the commentary box

Reanne Evans on co-com with Allen would make even better telly. Both students of the game.

an easy one dat - it's Robbie Williams of course, a favourite with the 'Shootout' posse 😂

[to answer the Q posed on the Red Button]

• Advertisement

Just corner of my eye there (Clarke v Williams match) saw two lads in crowd wearing identical tops with ‘Snooker Friends’ written on them. The ‘Snooker’ part is in gold and everything.

Advertisement