Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bdgp

Options
  • 14-11-2022 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

How do you get up old carbon navigators, have inspection to moro and they want navigator from 2015

Best Answer

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Mf 265

Thanks for answers, is it much of a inspection or is it fairly easy? There check-in for fodder scheme aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Icbf - login

Click on the SERVICES tab

Click on Beef Data Genomics Programme Tab

When the bdgp screen appears Click on the drop down YEAR, select which year you need

Find "Carbon Navigator" for relevant year, take a screenshot, print off in Word or similar program.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,810 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

That worked for me. Thanks. I had my inspection today. It covered Fodder Scheme, BEEP and the Genomics Scheme. Glad to have it over.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

How much notice did you get beforehand.

What are they looking for in BEEP and Genomics

Got a call last Thursday and put him off till today Monday. For BEEP wanted copy of scale rental receipt and got asked how many I weighed. For Genomics checked the Blue Book (Herd Register). I'm online but still officially on the Blue Book. Corrected that today by ticking box online. Checked all cattle in yard and looked for missing tags, genomic tag etc. i was missing a few tags, even found one on Saturday in a round feeder. Typical.

Was told to keep on top of missing tags as it does get attention on the system.

• Advertisement

What box you tick

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭tanko

Log into Agfood, go into AIM, animal identification and movements, click on the fifth option down called register for use of online register or something like that, there should be a box to tick. You’re not officially using the online AIM instead of the blue book unless you tick the box there.

Ya, under AIM on Agfood

Thanks for all reply back, I'll b glad when it's over to moro even tho everything is right

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Silverdream

I need to get this carbon navigator too, but the only carbon navigator I see is the one for last year

• Advertisement

Click on the year box [2021+], it should throw up the previous years , with radio buttons for you to select previous years from

Mine doesn't, when I click the 2021+ drop down and select another year the carbon navigator disappears. I can only get the carbon navigator for 2021.

Are you a full member of ICBF?

Oh wait my bad!! it appears in the herd summary

Pay a subscription every April. Can you view any of the information for previous years. The carbon navigator may at a different location on the page in previous years, but still on the same page (iykwim)

@patsy_mccabe

Did the inspector accept your Carbon navigator, you just printed the one off ICBF. The reason I ask is I done the same but the inspector didn't think it was the right one. He said that I'd have to get it from teagasc, plus the one he showed me from Teagasc seemed to be some form of Bord bia carbon navigator that teagasc use.

I'm not with teagasc and I think the ICBF one should be ok but I want to be sure before challenging him on it.

Ya, I sent him the 2016 one I printed by PDF from ICBF. I haven't heard back from him yet.

If icbf seek the information, then they should provide a report that we can print off with their logo, same as their other reports they make available in pdf format

As a heads up to anyone,

The dept got back to me, seemingly it's the original Carbon navigator plan that the inspector has to look for. You would not have done up this plan as it had to be done by an advisor in year 1 back in 2016. So after many phone calls between me - the dept - and Teagasc I eventually got it off teagasc who had originally tried to fob me off a several times.

Very frustrating dealing with the lot of them, teagasc in particular I found very passive aggressive towards me since I was not a member.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭valtra2

I had same experience as you but it was a contrary inspector that would not what was sent to him by bord bia and teagasc. In fairness how do they expect you to keep a carbon navigator copy from 7 years ago on file and then not accept a format sent by bord bia.

Advertisement