Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

Here dont know why it’s gone sideways

• Registered Users Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

I have basenor products in the car and I saw the basenor version. I went for the other ones because my feeling is they come from the same factory and seem to be identical. Thanks for the pic and on closer inspection, the basenor ones look a bit better made. They look well. I'm cancelling the set I ordered and will get the basenor ones instead.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 18 zoee

Hi Guys

Been following this excellent thread for the past 2 years and thanks to Gumbo, Slave1, Fingleberries etc l took delivery of my model 3 last September.

Can l ask what products people are using to clean their cars inside and outside.

Heading up to Reflect Autocare tomorrow to get a few products so any recommendations would be welcome.

Thanks

Zoe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

Don’t go too overboard. All I do is hose off the heavy dirt then use a good microfibres mitt with a neutral ph shampoo with two warm water buckets. And collinite 845 wax about twice a year. Easy to apply.

I am not too fussy but my cars have always been swirl free and as new after two or three years. Tesla paint now appears to be as good as the best of them

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Agree with the above. Don’t go overboard at the start. As you get into it you’ll realise you either like it and will

want to fill the gaps with different products or you’ll realise that your happy with the basics.

Id start with the following, assuming you have a power washer.

Get a snow foam Lance.

Get some snow foam.

Get some wash mitts (I use a lambs wool). OnlY one is enough.

Do you want to use the bucket and mitt method?

Get a shampoo.

get a drying towel.

get a spray on detailer.

sorted.

If you can, go online now and pick out your products. Add them to your basket for click and collect and use code RAC10 for a 10% discount.

1. it gets you a discount.
    2. Stops over spending in store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 zoee

Thanks guys that's great info to get me started off.

Cheers

Zoee

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

So I had the car a few months and I noticed the switch for the electric seat on the passenger side was broken (the one that reclines it).

Obviously kids getting in had kicked it and broken it. Got the ranger out and he fixed it. Fast forward another few months and it was broken again. Kids got a severe warning and I left it broken. Few weeks ago I got the ranger out to replace it again.

This time they were warned getting in and out of the car to be careful. Went to hoover it out this morning and guess what? Broken....again.

Kids are now banned from the front seat going forward and I'm not fixing it again.

Anyone else breaking theirs?

🤣🤣

Mine was broke on collection but it was a used demo car. Once they replaced it I’ve been cautious but I know deep down it’s gona go at some stage with the kids in and out!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

So....has anyone got an active sub added to their 2022 RWD Model 3?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Someone else posted a similar issue in here recently. On my commute home, I was driving on an 80km/h road and autopilot limited the speed to 30 until I passed a speed sign when the road changed to 60. A half hour later, the same thing happened on a 60 road, limiting me to 40. The notification was about autosteer being limited at the the indicated max speed. Is there any reason for this, or anymore info about it?

90% of my driving has been on the same route and 3k klms later, this is the first time the max speed in autopilot was limited like this.

Stay Free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Bovakinn

I've found that the car can misread some signs. There's a sign on a road near me showing no right turn and the car picks it up as a 70kmph speed limit sign. I assume if you disable autopilot being restricted to the current speed limit it won't happen.

My suspicion was maybe dirt on the cameras, but I don't know how the car finds the road speed...Google, or physical signs?

I was able to increase speed by pressing the pedal. I was unable to scroll to a higher max speed, which I can normally do (including on the roads I had the issue), so the car reading the sign incorrectly still doesn't explain it being autopilot speed limited. It's an odd one.

Stay Free

If the car catches badly aligned side road speed limit signs then it will take that as gospel and limit when in autosteer, sometimes I come off a 80 road onto a 100 road and the car will limit to 80 until it reaches the first 100 sign

• Registered Users Posts: 21,938 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Or just pay 8 euro at the local maxol/applegreen !

(Or just dont - my car has done 8k km since sept delivery and hasnt seen a wash once, I only pay for a car wash when the number plate is badly obscured)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭s8n

Folks, need some advice on where to go for tyres (standard 18" wheels). Need to replace all 4 but dont want to get shafted by going back to Tesla direct. South Dublin preferred please

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I bought mine online from Eiretyres and had them fitted at my local tyre place for around €20 per corner….

delivered to my door and I had them fitted at a time that suited me…

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

Uploaded 2022.40.4 tonight and took the car for a 30mins re drive along country roads.

The auto lights operated flawlessly… Oncoming traffic dipped from a good distance, driving behind cars - dipped early - no issues.

looks good at early days anyway. I will be well impressed if they continue like this as they were absolutely rubbish and I had turned them off..

Mike

Im assuming you mean Auto High Beams?

I have auto lights on 100% of the time but have AHB off and leave it off even for AP and NOAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

• Advertisement

On the road most of the evening so did a range test, outside temp 7-10, AC on 18, heated steering wheel, lights on, speed close to 100kms most of the drive, 408kms range. March RWD 57.5kWh usable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Virgil°

Yours is the LFP right? Are you on 18"s or 19"s?

LFP on 18s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

Was long trip in darkness, I prefer cooler so avoid tiredness, I wouldn't call it cold though

• Registered Users Posts: 21,938 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

My AC is set to 18-19 in normal weather, I wouldnt call it cold.

Interesting to note, my default in my S was 20 and in my X was 22. Seems like the 3 has a better system for heating.

Smaller/better build/saloon so cold boot is well separated from the cabin and has a heat pump, if cold cold the Model 3 will run the rear motor to scavage heat to assist the heat pump.

I've seen a huge heat difference coming from my S also

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Core6

My M3 clears the screen and heats the interior faster than any other car I've ever owned.

Yeah, was 1degree in my car this morning and when I looked out it was all condensation, hit the car defrost option on the App and all perfect when I sat into it few minutes later, that would have taken a good 10minutes with my S or any previous car

• Advertisement

I found that the airflow direction makes a big difference here.

Stay Free

Advertisement