Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC's value

Options
  • 09-11-2022 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just looking for a rough value for my PC. As I am thinking about selling it.

It is a mix of new and second hand parts. The newer parts are only two months old.

MSI B550-A Pro motherboard. (Two months old)

MSI Ventrus XS OC edition GTX 1660 Super 6GB (Six months old)

16Gb DDR4 3600 Crucial Ballistix Gaming memory. (Two months old)

Corsair MP510 NVME 480GB M.2 SSD drive (Two months old)

Samsung 240gb SSD drive

1 TB HDD

Vertroo V5 CPU Cooler Black

Corsair RM750 80 Puls Gold PSU

Windows 10

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Jon Doe

Go on https://geizhals.eu and check the value of each component.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭joe90

Thanks Jon Doe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

gonna hijack sorry Joe90, would a pc with an i7 2700 and gtx 1650 and has a 128GB ssd and 16GB of RAM be worth €150 if it came with a monitor not a good one from what i can figure out, also think its a pre built not a self built or custom pc no mouse or keyboard or any other info, all i know is it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Homelander

For 150 it would definitely be worth it. It would still run a lot of games pretty OK, just don't expect to be running the likes of Battlefield 2042 or Warzone 2.0 at high settings....though they would still run at 40-60fps at lower settings.

Anything from 2018 downwards would generally run very well, and popular newer games like Apex Legends, Overwatch 2, etc would all run fairly well too.

For 150 you couldn't go wrong. If you're actually not playing the latest and greatest, but more stuff like strategy games, Overwatch 2, Apex, Fortnite, GTA V, maybe Battlefield 5, etc, it would actually be a fairly good gaming PC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Thanks Lads, yeah wasnt for me nephew keeps on to me about a pc his friend wants to sell him told him what was said here balls in his court even if it lasts him a year or so and gets him interested in PC/PC gaming then thats good.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Jon Doe

I think that machine for 150€ is very good value especially if it comes with a 1080 monitor... If he's getting started into PC gaming, there's a ton of old classic games that the 1650 will run at 1080... Of course that depends on his taste (RPG, RTS, etc...) but figure out what was for example the RPG game of the year 3 years or more ago and show him a play-through on YT to see if he likes it... Never met a young kid that wouldn't go bananas for either Skyrim or MassEffect1 as soon as they see actual game play... xD And black Friday is just around the corner... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Homelander

Skyrim and Mass Effect are more than 10 and 15 years old respectively. Good games but they run fine on even basic integrated graphics. A 1650 would run games far more modern than that at 1080p good settings, including the likes of Apex Legends, Battlefield V, Fortnite, GTAV, Overwatch 2, Call of Duty 2019, latest FIFA etc, that are popular with teens.

I doubt he's an actual very young kid from the description that it's his friend looking to sell him the PC. The only games I can think of that wouldn't run that well on the 2700K/1650 combo off the top of my head would be stuff like Warzone 2.0, Cyberpunk 2022, Battlefield 2042, though they would still run, just with some stuttering.

Advertisement