Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Championship Barbican York, 12th - 20th November BBC, Eurosport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

They should match Snooker players that know each other well more often this Clarke v Williams is great. 3-3. Match a decider feel about it already.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Sweet Talkin Romeo

interesting "concession" there from Jamie - as far as the 'rules' go

think he could've still (was snookered, but even so) levelled that frame, if he had potted black [altho was well snookered on it]

was looking like a great snooker, but very unlucky for the red to go into black pocket tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Murphy loves the sound of his own voice

They should nickname him the pope or something

It was funny that one. Allen says strange choice of shot from Williams. Clarke laid the snooker then Virgo gets to do a variation of his favourite catch phrase. ‘Where’s the red ball going?’

It is a really odd match so far.

Have to support him though he is the nearest thing we have to a top ROI player.

• Advertisement

It's funny how Ronnie still dominates

The posters who used to say fitness didn't matter were wrong about that anyhow

Mind and body are important assets

Did this guy Clarke have a row with someone a while back if memory serves

Something to do with being in a player's eyeline

That was v McGill 2020 WC.

Funny thing was it was during Covid so there was no one in the place.

fitness aint probably that important in snooker, imo

what with not quite knowing (in most comps, tho not so much the big ones/majors etc,,) what time [and even if a player does] one's playing at, and, regardless of all the aforementioned; for me, and many might scoff at the notion, and it applies to many facets of life, having a dump at the same time every day has to be right up there, as regards 'frame of mind' and all that mallarkey,,

eg, might be two hours/might be half an hour before 'kickoff' , the body might be wary of going 'into labour' as it were, on account of time/possible time constraints,,,,

,,,, all of which, not withstanding other ailments, might lend itself towards one having a 'dicky tummy'

would affect refs an' all tbf

I thought Clarke might choke there as the winning line got closer. Fair play to him won 3 in a row. Plus robbed two frames on Williams earlier in the match.

• Advertisement

Williams virtually handed Clarke that match i feel, moreso than Jamie 'winning' it; thought overall MJW favoured it in "the best long pots to get in" stakes, but he weren't on it all, the senior Welshman

don't think either player managed many 50+ breaks,,

Ding aint that reliable but I feel he beats Clarke in the next game,,

thing to take out of the match for me, is Mark Allen being a serious tactician,, straight after a shot, and if there was nothing obvious, he'd have an opinion on the right shot to play,, that said, he wasn't under any playing pressure himself, and, presumably, had a great view of the table from his perch in commentary box

Great clearance in the end by Jamie tho - he didn't baulk at the winning line

Thats the thing with commentary

You see shots you wouldn't see if u were playing them

Trump looking extremely shaky. At 2-2 v Xiao at the moment. Trump making a lot of major mistakes out of nowhere.

If Xiao was a bit more experienced he would have Trump walloped, I think. Trump even looks worried in his chair.

Shame whatever they've done to the pockets

The game is diminished when you see the gap as the balls roll in

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

ah stop. We have this debate every single tournament.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

I know sure it's half the fun starting it up again

they/them/theirs

Jayus 4-4 now Xiao v Trump. And Doherty losing the run of himself in the commentary. Joe Perry the calming voice of reason.

Ya Doherty fukks sake like

The ball runs on and "what a shot"

The 2 Popes not too bad in the studio

• Advertisement

Doherty is straight out of the John virgo school of commentary

• Registered Users Posts: 25,311 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Amazed that Xiao took on a four ball plant in the decider.

Neil Foulds agreeing as I type… madness.

not exactly an inexperienced player

Selby/Vafaei table 1

the Gilbert/Murphy match just shades it for me for viewing purposes

don't have Discovery+ ; Beeb not showing either game - reckon Selby match be on Red Button as well, so'll be watching that one, i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Perry didn't like it either, but to be kind to him, he did spend a long time over it and must have convinced himself it was close to dead set or that he could cover that pocket if he missed. Not sure why judd was bothered about a potential foul there.

Lads on bbc afterwards not hiding their relief that trump won. If ronnie and judd both went out next round, I'd nearly half expect them to dump the rest of the tournament behind the red button!

two favourites (Murf/Jester) to win i think, altho i chanced a cupla yoyo on Hossein @ 5/2 in hope 😊

Hossein playing down his chances on basis he's been struggling a bit lately given the nasty stuff going on back home, but have a hunch he could go close. Seems to play well generally against Selby anyway.

I dislike Selby. I dislike McManus on commentary. Why am I watching this?

they/them/theirs

Vafaei really likes those doubles against Selby!

great double alright that!

Selby trying to make amends early doors here - great opening red,,,, big break on t'cards ere, with reds nicely opened

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

When you've got used to best of 7 matches that can be one sided and over in 60 or 70 minutes, it's a nice change to switch to these best of 11 that are slow boilers.

90 minutes for 4 competitive frames, similar pace last night too.

The view on this new format for the UK seems to be that it is an improvement all round.

Advertisement