Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PV Feed In Tariff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭stickman1019

My Last bill was 7 of October so fingers crossed for the next one

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Bakka

I left Electric Ireland in September and went to Bord Gais. I got a smart meter installed in August. My 9.1kw ground mount system was installed in July. From August 22nd to when I left in September I exported over 900 kwh back to the grid. I emailed EI to see when were they going to pay me the FIT. I received this email from them today:

RE: RE: Pament of microgeneration

HOMESERVICES@electricireland.ie

An export payment will be made to you by the end of this year. We will be in contact with you before this to confirm how exactly the payment will be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭TerraSolis

Thanks for this - I'm in the same boat. I'll email them too just to keep them on their toes.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭4goneConclusion

Worth noting that for Flogas the rate is 22c excl. VAT.

Not sure how they are treating VAT here but looks like all other suppliers are quoting their rates excl. VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

All the rates I gave are inc vat.

22c ex vat is 24 inc vat.

They calculate your bill inc vat and then they subtract your export from that using the inc vat rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭4goneConclusion

I know what you mean but i think it's more that other suppliers aren't reducing VAT for export €. So I'm not sure if Flogas are actually going to have a credit of 2c on the VAT line or not.

A few supplier mention that there is no published guidance for customers in relation to the VAT treatment of electricity exported to the grid by customers.

So i wonder if it would possible to claim more back from Revenue.

So i wonder if it would possible to claim more back from Revenue.

Are you thinking of claiming vat back? A domestic householder isn’t vat registered so you can’t claim that.

Revenue have also said you can have the first €200 tax free and anything above that is to be declared as additional income in a tax return, so I don’t think you’ll be getting anything back from revenue! 😉

i think it's more that other suppliers aren't reducing VAT for export €. So I'm not sure if Flogas are actually going to have a credit of 2c on the VAT line or not.

it all comes off the bottom line either way. You can separate out the vat on the invoice if you like but it’s the same end result.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mrm

Not completely sure what the calculations are here. Switched to Energia EV rate end of April. PV install mid May. NC6 submitted end of September I believe.

Mostly night time use via house battery system and EV charged at night, so those figures tally with my own records.

It is the FIT figure that is confusing. I think the FIT units figure adds up to the units fed to the grid from install date to beginning date of this billing period (end April to start September). Using the calculation posted in this thread the yearly FIT should amount to 1784- D/N meter so this is deemed export figure. I was not expecting this amount of FIT payment - others on thread are commenting that their FIT was for approx 44 days. Definitely not complaining but anyone else have a high deemed export figure and understanding of the calculation? Also, what will happen to all of the credits (Government subsidies and FIT payment/s) if moving to other supplier at end of this contract without having used up all of the credits (there is another €77 credit to add on to the bottom figure from my last billing period, so I might struggle to use up all credits)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

Bord gais being so slow with the payment probably means most people will have to pay double the tax on the FIT.

for example say you had €200 of FIT in 2022 and €200 in 2023. Bord gais pay you €the €400 in 2023 well now you are taxed on the extra €200. Whereas if they paid you the first €200 before the end of the year there would be no tax due.

others on thread are commenting that their FIT was for approx 44 days.

That was me. I signed up with Energia in Sep so my first bill only included 44 days, as expected. The Feb-Sep export payment needs to come from my previous provider. You are different since you are with Energia since April.

It is the FIT figure that is confusing. I think the FIT units figure adds up to the units fed to the grid from install date to beginning date of this billing period (end April to start September)

That bit is strange alright. Officially they say you only get it from the date of your NC6 but maybe your installer put the actual install date on the NC6 rather than the Sept date and hence you have got the full deemed export back to your install date.... that seems the most plausible and good for you! :)

Also, what will happen to all of the credits (Government subsidies and FIT payment/s) if moving to other supplier at end of this contract without having used up all of the credits

Energia would have to cut you a cheque. They certainly wont be allowed pocket your money if that's what you are worried about.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

I would only declare the 200 that was for the year in question. You can amend the previous years tax return and add the 200 in there if you want.

Besides that - this is good news about the SSE FIT change. Pleasantly surprised. Does anyone know when it changed? Not exporting much lately :) My contract is up for renewal now in the next few weeks so hopefully I don't need to switch supplier - I don't have a battery or an EV yet to benefit from energia's EV plan ( Smart meter ).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭micks_address

question on FIT.. is it going to make switching suppliers messier?

A little bit, but not much.

The switching itself is the very same. The gotcha is chasing any potential outstanding export credit from your old provider, which will be a pain if they are one of those that only pay once or twice a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

Just got our SSE bill, no sign of the FIT.

Mustn't grumble, I got the sign on bonus of 250 and the Gov credit of 200. So now I'm €356.46 in credit.

At this stage it's impossible to get in touch with SSE AIRTRICITY customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

No, I'd file the 200 this year and 200 next year in that instance, regardless of when they're paid they were accrued in different calendar years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

• Registered Users Posts: 45,462 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Should the EC6 form have been submitted to ESBN by installer? Is is not part of the process?

EDIT - yes is the answer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭DC999

Yeah, we do it already for medical receipts when claiming. You select the year of the expense. In this case it's adding the year of the revenue

Yes. Pretty standard. It's one of two approved methods even for VAT let alone expenses or income. You can do cash flow method or time accrued method (not sure of the correct names, but one means filing them as you pay and the other means filing as they are incurred)

• Advertisement

Oh and I also had confirmation via email update from my supplier that FIT is being paid on my account, after moving from MCC16 to MCC02 - despite the doubts from some posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mrm

Yes, my 5kW inverter listed as a 6kW in error by the installer is quite beneficial🤐. Do we know if the deemed FIT will stay consistent across the full year (export deemed equal over the summer month and over the winter months)?

Yes, it’s a fixed amount spread evenly across the year. It’s up to your provider how often they pay you though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,326 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I swapped from a 5kW to a 6kW a few months back. Just emailed the installer today to see if they updated it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭micks_address

can i asked - whats the benefit of a 6kw invertor over a 5kw one? apart from the obvious... can take 2 6kw strings?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,326 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Both had 2 strings, but I increased my capacity from 6.2 to 7.44kWp.

Plus the 6kW can handle better charge/discharge speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Caspero

Just got my bill from Energia showing export units. Looks like they miscalculated the figure. I've been a customer since 2021 and do not have a smart meter so I should come under deemed export since the first day that PV FIT applied - i.e. 15th February 2022.

However my calculations show that they gave credit for units only back to March. I believe this is because of a change in my account that occurred in March which caused them to have to reissue an invoice. It appears that their systems now think my account with them began on the date of the change rather than the earlier date that I first became a customer of Energia.

Just posting so that people know to check the math of their bills. Details on how to do that are here: https://www.cru.ie/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/CRU21131-Interim-Clean-Export-Guarantee-Decision-Paper.pdf 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

It's the same shite that I was getting mate. Basically we'll pay you the deemed export for the historical stuff, but you have to put in for a smart meter in order for us to pay you that. Or to phrase it another way....

"We don't want you on a DN meter and deemed export, so if you want us to pay up then you have to get the smart meter - take it or leave it"

This (grudgingly) is probably fair enough, it's when in my case I'd _LEFT SSE_ (!) and gone to a new provider and they were saying we'll put in for a smart meter for you with the new company (Energia) and then we'll pay you for the deemed exprot when you were with us. Like WTF?

Anything to not pay out....

• Advertisement

Day/Night standard meter, just asked the question after seeing yours

Advertisement