Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 7/Pixel 7 Pro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 johnnycullen

Should you go to the UK site (https://store.google.com/gb/?hl=en-GB) they are promoting Black Friday

But, what's up for us? Nothing.

These guys are a joke. Not expecting discounts as in the states, as far as I remember they don't usually offer much in Europe, some discount to the previous model, but this is a joke.

Definitely bye bye Pixel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Cotts72

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭TheRona

"Hey man, I see you've got a new Samsung. I thought you had a Google Pixel?"

"Na, don't use Pixel's anymore"

"Why's that?"

"The UK Google Store had a Black Friday countdown page, and we didn't even know if we were going to get any discounts in Ireland"

"O....K......"

To be honest, I already have a case for the P7 from Aliexpress which looks decent. But at this point the next one will be OP11 which will be released next month if the camera is not awful. Find somewhat more hum, lets not put a word, to risk your money buying in another country and finding a way to get it shipped to your country rather than turning down a model just because they are complete e**its that discriminate countries with no reason. I´m not spending money in guys that mistreat me as costumer under any mean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Phgirl28

Out topic but I'm interested to know how you get on with the mi 11 ultra as I'm eyeing this phone for the longest time 😆

Great phone,great camera. My only issue was that I damaged the screen last year and couldn't find anywhere to repair for days ..when I did it cost 440e and the fingerprint sensor no longer worked ..so moral of the story is..go for it but don't damage jt

Out topic but I'm interested to know how you get on with the mi 11 ultra as I'm eyeing this phone for the longest time 😆

Ouch that's a lot of money 🙈 how's the battery life and the heating issue?

• Advertisement

Mi 11 battery was good,fast charging was top notch..never overheated for me

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭eposhea

Been eagerly reading these updates since the phone dropped!

Will be upgrading this week, regardless of the lack of Black Friday deals on our shores!

I've been trying to get a Spigen case, but proving difficult. Anyone get one or know where to source one? I'd look at other recommendations too! 🙏

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Reckon I too will take the plunge this week despite the lack of black Friday deals, thats what I was waiting for.

How are people finding the battery life? A full day on medium usage?

My old note 9 is eating battery time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭TheRona

Battery is decent,getting a full day.fast charging isn't as quick as other devices unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,935 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Anyone have one of the official cases from the Google Store? Is it hard plastic or silicone?

Savage, thanks for that!

Case ordered!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭chases0102

I presume the likelihood of any Black Friday deals is pretty much gone at this stage?!?!

I'm thinking the same. Considering the there are other European sites all prepped to go for Black Friday and the Irish store remains unchanged!! Doubtful we will be getting any discounts.

I know we are a small market, but still wonder why the discount is not shar d across all markets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Might be no harm in chatting with them and raising your concern over lack of promotions.

Just did it there now.

Also mentioned about being a European country and should be able to enjoy similar promotions as other European countries-

But that may be gilding the lily slightly!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,797 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It looks like it is only the UK, France, Germany, Italy and Spain getting discounts. It's a pretty **** way to treat the rest of Europe.

Yea, I was just on them on Chat too and it's a big case of Nope! Nothing lined up, but please turn on your notifications to get emails from the store 😳🤦‍♂️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Just to update here, after multiple failed chats, I spoke to a support agent on the phone today, and after some time she agreed to give me store credit to order the pixel watch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gavin1980

Been watching this thread annd am quite torn on Google, I don't know whether to go Pixel 6 pro, Pixel 7 or Pixel 7 pro - there are some decent sellers on adverts.ie and you're looking at €799 for the pixel 7 pro or should i go Xiaomi only thing that worries me is the support on these.

I'm S21+ which is 2 years old now so just don't know what to go for! I'm seeing lots of things about connectivity on the P6 pro but mostly on english sites and the connectivity was never great over in the UK anyways.

The difference on tensor chip is barely noticible beween 1st and 2nd gen.

Post edited by Gavin1980 on

Not a big miss though. I've checked around and nothing on the new ones.

110 Euros if you are up for the 6a (not even the Pro). A few quid on the buds pro and then on the google's junk. Likely you'll get the same in Amazon.

Apparently what works is the Imei discount. If you have a previous model or know somebody, you can get up to a 20% discount on the new ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

Where did you get yours fixed? My Mi 10 Ultra screen is broken and cannot find a place to fix it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭xtal191

I-Electron in cork city, 440e took about a week and a half due to ordering etc. only issue was the finger print wasn't calibrated properly,went back and only one engineer could fix it and wasn't working for few days so I just gave up on it. It was a cheap screen aswell as I smashed it last month with a routine drop that wouldn't have cracked on any other screen

• Advertisement

Go to https://support.google.com/store/#topic=12795988

Need more help, this will open a chat with an agent. Request the discount code with the imei.

I've read it works in France, Germany and Spain, so I guess it should work in Ireland.

Advertisement