Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

24 hrs in Limerick...?

• 15-11-2022 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭

Heading to a show in The Lime Tree theatre Thurs night - staying in The Clayton..

wanna go to Dolan's for a drink after the show for sure..

but where to go for dinner? thinking Bobby Byrne's?

any recommendations for a nice b'fast Fri am? booked room only in the hotel..

any recommendations for whats not to be missed in Limerick while we are there?

We love arts and culture.. TIA..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,336 ✭✭✭✭phog

Bobby Byrne's would be the last place I'd go for an evening meal.

The Cornstore, Freddy's, The Spitjack, Hamptons or treat yourself and go to The French Table.

I like Cafe Rose on Roches St or Story on Denmark St for breakfast

Touristy stuff, check out the Hunt Museum, St Mary's Cathedral & King John's Castle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭banie01

There's a new exhibition at the Hunt museum that my college aged son said was great.

For dinner close to the Clayton, maybe mcgettigans in Jury's Inn? It's a couple of hundred meters away. For Breakfast, maybe House on the Quays? Or even Bobby Burns for that one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭sporina

gee really? well - we wer thinking of somewhere handy for The Lime tree - don't wanna be walking all night - but I don't know limerick at all.. we are not looking for anything too plush - just a good plate of food and a pint b4 the show.. will look up Freddy's and Hamptons.. we have Cornstore and Spitjack here in Cork

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

If you're going to be in Dolans, then you can eat there. Their food is pretty good.

would it be noisy there in the restaurant? hate eating in noisy environments.. I see they have what looks like a metal band playing tomorrow night - never been so don't know the set up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭adaminho

The Metal gig is in the Kasbah which is an adjacent bar so won't interfere with your eating experience. If you're eating in Dolans before the Limetree it will be fairly quiet.

cool thanks - thinking Bobby's for food and Dolan's for post show drinks.. sure we might even get into the end of Wallis Bird.. i like her.. Hunt museum at some stage.. been there b4 - a lovely space

thanks all

had a wonderful 26 hrs in Limerick... Bobby's for food - yum - twas delicious.. Petite Paris cafe for b'fast yday.. tiny space but food and service fab... had a great time altogether... the show was magnificent, Sextons was great for drinks with cast after show.. so much to see in Limerick - went to the cathedral, castle, both museums and art gallery and the park - wow - was blown away.. we had a great time..

lots of work going on in the city - would like to go back when thats done..

but got a good vibe from the place.. people wer lovely

Advertisement