Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭cletus

Payday, so just ordered a pair of bib tights from Galibier

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Not in the post but trying to get in the post some stuff from Rose. How do you get it Ireland delivery. Its stuck on US. Is there no.. ie site or drop down?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

There was a .ie.site, it would flick over for me as soon as I put in the Irish delivery address although some things won't ship here

Just went over for a look and your right, the .ie site reroutes to .com now. Once I sign in it looks like I can still order though (nothing to test it with though).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Yes, ie is defaulting back to com. At basket you can select Ireland, I think. Its putting me off though normally you change to delivery country for vat and carriage. Strange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭G1032

Oops.. That's 3 posts on the last couple of pages complaining about Bikeinn..

Never used them before till last night. Ordered 3 items. 39T chainring, leg warmers and oversocks. Estimated delivery for each individual item is Nov 2nd so fingers crossed there won't be any issues. Bike24 can often take 10 days so around that length of time won't be too bad.

Was originally looking at oversocks and chainring on Deporvillage but at 17 euro postage they can keep them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Purchased some bearings over the weekend from https://www.deporvillage.net/ - if it's of any use to any one enter dre7 in the promo code box to get 8% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Oymyakon

New bike on the way from Girona, Basso Astra Ultegra, second hand 2022 model at a heavily discounted price :)

First proper racer I'll have ever owned, been on an entry level yoke from Eurocycles for the past 6 years

Barrier tape for a CX race this Saturday

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

Very nearly fell for that one Thursday too, there was a nice discount in their email, but I already have two Mistrals and a Mistral pro.

I don't know where I got the resolve to pass it up from, as I really love the colour of that one.

I instead visited Wiggles black Friday sale and ordered three new shorts and three new winter/spring long sleeve jerseys.

Still hasn't arrived. Last tracking update was the 9th November telling me it had been exported from Holland and in it's way too Ireland. What a shambolic service. But if one needed something they weren't in a huge hurry for there's probably value to be found on bikeinn

Passed on it myself too. Although I could do with it. I had an old Gabba that's well past it's best and a Mistral Pro which I really regret buying over the Mistral. It's just miles too warm for the recent winters. Only ever get a bit of use out of it in Feb/Mar. Could count on one hand the amount of times I wore it last winter and I did 3 weekend spins almost every week from November to March.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

A Canyon Grizl has just arrived at my door, no new jerseys or bibs for me, for a long while now😅

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭cletus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭jamesd

Mine is on route, I got the shipping email yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Any one have any issues with https://www.deporvillage.net/ customer service. I received my order but a piece was missing. Been a week now since I heard from them, they asked for pictures, I provided them last week but no contact since.

These arrived today.18 days from order date. I guess the items were competitively priced and if I'm not in a hurry for something I will probably use Bikeinn again. A very very long delivery time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Not in the post, but just collected a Trek Dual Sport 2 hybrid from Richie's in Swords for use in the winter months. Going to take it out for it's inaugural tomorrow with a view to commuting from Thursday week. Though there's some weight difference between it an d my Cube road bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Gerry

I've 2 panaracer 38c slicks, 2 schwalbe xc mtb tyres, fork rebuild kit kit en route from bike24. Hope it arrives next day or two so I can get the slicks fitted tubeless and commute later in week. also a dropper and cassette, brake pads from wiggle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Agreed, I used them for the first time a few weeks ago and a large box of items arrived at the weekend 15 days after ordering. Prices were good as I was initially going to order from AllTricks having previously used them in early Jan but their prices and shipping since then are no longer as competitive. My basket from BikeInn including shipping (9.99) cost €140 and the exact same items from AllTricks would have cost €176

That said one of the items ordered from BikeInn was a brake bleed kit with a small bottle of mineral oil included and instead they sent me just a 500ml bottle of mineral oil. Looks like they changed their picture of the item since as now it only shows the mineral oil without the kit included. Whole lot of hassle now trying to sort and prove that I just didn't order the incorrect item.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

My mother bought me a voucher for 360 Cycles in Clontarf for my last birthday and made use of it last Friday. A package just arrived to the office here with the following...

• Shimano yellow cleats
    • 2 * 105 11 speed chains
    • AirTag mount
    • Kriptonite U-lock & cable

All at good prices and then discounted with 25% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Not the neatest job, but got this done over the weekend (I was getting too tempted by the new Fly12 Sport!). First time soldering, so quite worried about them exploding, but got there in the end! All fitted back together and appears to be working ok (not heating up charging, and getting 4 beeps again).

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Dipsomaniac

Ive been busy over the last few weeks. Orders for Myself and some for my wife (Shes getting some of my old dynamo setup)

Arrived -

Canyon Grizl CF 7 & Canyon Grail:ON / Grizl Fender Set

Bike 24 - Shutter Precision | DT Swiss - PL-7 | G 540 Front Wheel with Hub Dynamo - 28 Inch - Centerlock - 12x100mm & Busch + Müller Handlebar Mounting Bracket - 470LHPB

Galibier - Thermo skull cap - Black

Cycle superstore - Dynaplug Racer Pro Tubeless Repair Kit (Blue)

Wiggle - Muc-Off No Puncture Hassle Tubeless Kit (1L) Black 1L &  Muc-Off Tubeless Presta Valves (Pair) Black 44mm  &   Shimano Sora HG400 9 

Amazon - KMC Unisex's X9 Chain, Silver/Grey, 114 Link & KMC Unisex's X10 Chain, Grey, 114 Link

Merlin -     4 * Steadyrack Fender Rack - Black / Zinc & 2 * Elite Custom Race Plus Bottle Cage - Matt Black   

Still to arrive

Bike 24 -     Shimano SH-XC702 Bike Shoes - Red & Busch + Müller Secula Plus LED Rear Light - 331/2ASK 7 &  Busch + Müller Lumotec IQ Cyo Premium T Senso Plus Front Light - 1752QTSND &   Busch + Müller Handlebar Mounting Bracket - 470LHPB

BikeDiscount.de -     Perfetto RoS 2 Convertible

I think that will do me for the time being. Best not look at the bank balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭patmahe

Kickr Core smart trainer, replaces and older elite one that went wrong (to their credit they honoured the warranty).

Will be great to have over Christmas and early next year when its still too cold for us softies :D

sadly still waiting for bike24, no update on tracking since 23rd. will be contacting them..

Is this typical for bike24?

meanwhile wiggle order arrived. looks like fastway tried to trash the box, luckily everything inside was intact.

Post edited by Gerry on

Bike24 can take anything up to 2 weeks to deliver something. God be with the days you could order from CRC have it delivered the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭JMcL

I've found over the years anything coming from Germany can disappear from the face of the earth for anything up to 2 weeks and then suddenly be delivered. You'll often see DHL mentioned, but invariably this means Deutche Post (who own DHL), and also invariably involves whatever it is getting put on a truck, sent to Cologne, put on another truck then going into stealth mode for a long time.I had a nerve wracking wait on an expensive pile of PC components a few years back.

Yeah thanks folks. Guess I was lucky before as was usually under a week. I guess I expected a little more from dpd than the infamous deutchepost/dhl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭Macy0161

No longer in the post, but heated socks with battery pack. I'll give my verdict in the morning by the looks of things... ⛄️

Advertisement