Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭TeaServer

Did you get this sorted out? I did see on some other forums that the blind needs to be recalibrated after the 2.4 work. The garage should have done that, but she have found they needed to do it themselves.

Search for the exact process but I think it was something like hold in a certain place on the slider till fully open, and wait a few seconds then close it fully and hold for a few seconds again, seemed to fix the blind issue for others

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭zx80

I updated to 3.0 Part 1 yesterday and you can see my thoughts on it on the ID.3 forum. I was a bit concerned by the need to be connected to the internet but I did nothing special in this regard (I have just 1 bar of reception on the car in my drive and did not connect to home wi-fi). All went well and took about 7 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Thank you! Yes, I sent the I want 3.0 OTA mail. I’ll let you know how it goes. I’ll let it run overnight tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭pad199207

No haven’t got it sorted yet. But I’ll give that a go and see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 11,356 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

So I was having WiFi trouble as well and I had to change a few of the settings on the modem

First, my WiFi was set to have 2.4GHz and 5GHz under the same network name, I had to split them

I think I also had to set the network to accept only WPA2 connections, not the older WPA or WEP security.

I guess that might make some legacy devices stop working but it hasn't affected me yet and makes my WiFi more secure

Tbh, the WiFi connection isn't really useful. It's only used for online services, which for now is internet radio and nothing else

As others said your car will use it's onboard 4g connection for the OTA update. Hopefully VW allow updates via WiFi soon but I think that's a way off

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭staples7

That’s some value, I didn’t get in on ID4 1st train as I only bought this year. Came in about 48k. So no extras here either. I do feel a bit aggrieved that you would have to go up to mid 60’s to get sunroof, camera nicer lights.

which is why I’m jumping to the y. All of that and much more as standard.

the ID4 to be fair to it does exactly what it says on the tin and is a really good solid ev. But how they can’t even get simple things like scheduled charging running properly is beyond a joke.

I’ve done the garage software update a few months ago with battery, but still waiting for the over the air update to make the improvements …

• Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭pad199207

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Mgkmgkmgk

Guys I plan on installing a dashcam in my ID.4.

I intend to use the 12v outlet in the boot for my power source but I've noticed it only provides power when the car.

I need the dashcam to be on all the time.

I've read online that if you change the location of the fuse that provides power to the boot it will provide power all the time regardless of whether the car is on or not.

I'm wondering does anyone have the fuse board diagram for the ID.4 and has anyone already done this job before?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,514 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Is There not power behind the mirror. Pretty sure that’s where mine is powered from

Nope no power source behind the mirror although that would of been handy!

I cannot understand why there is no fuse diagrams on any of the two fuse boxes on the ID.4 strange!!

• Advertisement

It's under a cover where the mirror is attached to the roof. There isn't a socket but there's a power supply there for the forward camera that a dashcam can be wired into

Dunno why VW don't just make the car cameras recordable like Tesla do. Although given that it takes 6 presses of the parking button to get the cameras to kick in, I think I've got an idea

Also I've noticed that German companies in general tend to be very paranoid when it comes to any potential privacy issues

TY, do you know if power is still provided to this source when the car is off?

I know if you remove the 12v boot fuse and move it up a notch on the fuse board you will have power on all the time.

Just don't know the fuse box layout.

Plenty of online fusebox diagrams for LHD ID.4's but none on RHD and they're fuse positioning are different

Would be really handy to have front/ back dashcam recording all the time.

I'm pretty sure it's only powered when the car is on. But there's a few others here who have had dashcams fitted there so they can confirm

Even if the fuse panel is a different layout the numbers should be the same for interoperability

Maybe but I do not want to mess around with the fuseboard unless I'm 100% sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭id.4 fan

Does anyone have a definite answer as to when are the ID.4's service intervals.

I'm seeing different answers online but don't seem to be able to get a definite answer.

My car is only 3 weeks old but as I drive for a living the km's are flying up on her.

I already have 5000kms done and at this rate I will have over 80000kms driven by the time she is one year old.

Is it after 10000 miles or 20000kms or after 2 years regardless of miles?

I can check the fluid levels myself and arrange for the tyres/ breaks to be changed but do I need to bring it back to VW at certain intervals for warranty reasons.

The sale rep at VW told me after 2 years but I am doubtful of this!

Cheers.

Post edited by id.4 fan on

2 years, unlimited mileage

In the vehicle menu there's an inspection due reading under status or something. As long as you get the car serviced before that runs out then you're good to go

More info here

EVs are generally much lower maintenance than the equivalent ICE car. No oil changes, spark plug replacement, dpf or fuel filters to change and much fewer moving parts

The only real consumable is screenwash

Rear brakes are drums so they're sealed and probably won't need much maintenance. Front brakes get much reduced wear because the regen does a lot of braking

You'll probably want to budget for new tyres within the 3 years. Unfortunately those beasts of tyres in the ID.4 are pretty expensive to replace

Here's an ID.3 owner getting his first service

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Check the manual that comes with the car.

The ID.3 is definitely every 2yrs and unlimited mileage. No reason ID.4 is any different as it’s the same VW platform.

I have checked the manual and it's very vague.

It states every 2 years but surely there must be a mileage limit when the motor, battery, etc need to be checked for maintenance reasons right?

2 years for me = 160k

No, nothing serviceable in the motor or battery, hence unlimited mileage.

The 2yr interval is mainly to check non EV things like suspension, brakes etc to keep the car safe.

Practically maintenance free then comparing an ev to an ICE.

Its hard to believe as I've driven diesel cars for 25 years.

I think I'll pop an email off to Volkwagen just to confirm.

Thanks for all your answers guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Doonbegman

Sorry if this question has been asked and answered already, I need to replace all 4 tyres on our ID4. They are 255/45/R20 on the rear and 235/50/R20 on the front. I have been offered (what I think) is a good price on a replacement set of Pirellis at €175 each on the rear and €200 on the front fitted (apparently the front sizes are rarer-hence the price difference). I don't know the efficiency rating is but if it is "C" does it make much of a difference to the range? The car currently has Hankook Ventus S1 EV03 K127E which are still legal despite having over 28,000 km on them. The cost of the Pirellis are €750 versus €880 for the Hankooks, do I just bite the bullet on the Hankooks or are there better alternatives? Thanks.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

New tyres within 3 years! More like 3 times a year at that milage. I've just done 24kkm and on a fresh set of tyres. VW service plan covered the rears, and got hankook ventus s1 evo3 for the fronts for 150 each + fitting. Those are 20 inch rims. Rears would have been about 200 each +fitting

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

C rating will affect your range. Hankooks are A rated I think. B for wet, and low enough noise.

If you buy yourself from oponeo.ie and get a place to fit them you should be able to get hankooks for €800 fitted.

Those hankooks seemed like the best bang for buck I could find when I was looking 2 weeks ago. I passed on the pirellis

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭robbie_63

Hi Folks,

We have a 212 ID4 City 52kw and we are thinking of trading to a 77kw, second hand

There are a few used 1st edition Pro's coming up now in dealers around 49/50k

What's the real world range you find on the 77kw version?

Cheers

I'm seeing 19-22kWh/100km with my 1st Max, so that works out to 350-400km range

You must have a heavy right foot!😀

Reports from elsewhere are around 450+

I'm looking at a 1st edition Pro, anything special on these?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭crassusg

Just got the 3.0 update installed last night, had to reconnect to weconnect via the qr code in the infotainment. Can see the car ok but a bunch of options like Geo locate the car are unavailable ? The driver won't synchronize just says try drive and try again, anyone had similar ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,562 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Best scenario (full to empty, summer, moderate speed) based on 33k km driven: 500+ km.

Worst case scenario (winter, rain, headwind, sustained motorway speeds): 250km.

'Normal use' winter range: ~350 km.

My overall consumption (as reported by car) to date is ~16.8 kWh/100km.

Note this is without software version 3.0 which allegedly takes it a bit easier on warming the battery so should have better winter range.

Great thanks for that

• Advertisement

I think you have to go into the shop in the infotainment and add some WeConnect features (they’re free), those functions will work then.

they’re called We Connect and We Connect Plus

Advertisement