Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 23 Ultimate Team Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Oh no, there must be another Brentmused out there and to make things worse I’m a die hard Arsenal fan!

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I think this has come up before, there is indeed another BrentMused who is not our BrentMused. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Forlan from my Pre-Order pack. Pretty happy with that.

Opened a few saved packs and nothing of note bar the Ecuadorian World Cup LM who is going at discard. Can't decide what to do for Swaps. Immediately thought Vieira but then the 60* 84+ players is extremely tempting. But then I was thinking if I packed a player like Vieira from that I'd be delighted.

I got the PTG Lukaku over the weekend and he's total crap.

I have the fodder to do that hero SBC, but really not sure it's worth it. Anyone else skip it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,439 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Around 700k for Keane, he’s supposed to be insane by all accounts , sorry now I completed Eto just before him.

• Advertisement

Caved and did the Hero SBC.

Papin.

FML.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Andrew93

I'll raise you Ricken from my first, Crouch from my second and Larsson from my icon SBC...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Someone bought a Ramsdale I had listed for the max bin of 45k, thats rough 🙈

Best fodder pack I’ve had in ages

• Registered Users Posts: 20,120 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

• Advertisement

Really struggling for wins lately so watched Auzio's stream today and couldn't get over Neymar's transition speed. He actually is crazy this year.

Basically just copied his team with Sissoko and Park in Midfield and Al Owain/Neymar behind Mbappe and Eto.

Brought in Zambrotta as well to shore up RB. Park seems ok and it basically Kante but he can pass the ball around. Playing 4222 which I really struggle with but with this team its damn good. He has Kewell on LAM but Al Owain is miles better at LAM due to his sheer pace and his H/M over Kewell's M/M.

I hate M/M up front...players just basically go missing.

Now I just need to stick with this team otherwise I'll be broke by xmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Decided to do the base icon SBC after getting Schmeichel in the first one I done, absolutely nothing in the packs and then the icon... Schmeichel, the game can fçuk off for a while.

my luck continues 75+ player pick

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Oh man, Song #2 just came on in the menus. I knew they'd added some old songs, but that one just slammed me back to being 12 and adoring Fifa 😂

That icon SBC looks like really bad value too.

With the chem changes this year icons aren't as useful as they were, you really do need to be packing one of the very good ones or one from the same league as your team to get something usable.

Actual card not as good as that, but I'll be doing it anyway.

Running this in-game now. I packed WC Mascherano earlier, used him during playoffs, he's pretty meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Flying through the Swaps at the moment.

I'm really enjoying it, although admittedly having Mbappe, Neymar and Yaya is helping!

I've got 5 of the 8 online sets done and have only lost 5 games in that period - so 30 wins and 5 losses.

With the recent patch and the nerfing of trivelas, I've decided to go back to the new-gen version of the game and think it has been much improved. It no longer seems to be "long ball over the top to Haaland" and "trivela with anyone from 40 yards out resulting in a guaranteed goal" any more, which is what it was for the first 6 weeks and the reason why I moved back to old-gen in the first place.

What's everyone going for in the Swaps? Vieira looks great but Icons seen to harm the chemistry this year more than help it. My team is really good now so I might just take a punt on the fodder and/or picks.

• Advertisement

I don't think I'll get enough tokens for Viera. I haven't started any of the friendly stuff yet, was focusing on getting my rivals wins and champs qualification this week.

I think they've also nerfed lengthy a bit. Or else they've boosted controlled/explosive.

The Swaps are actually enjoyable IMO. It's a nice, no sweat break for the usual grind of Rivals and Champs. I'd recommend taking a week off Rivals/Champs and focusing on the Swaps for a change, if you only have time for one or the other.

As I hadn't been playing next-gen, the whole lengthy thing had kinda bypassed me, but the difference in Yaya who is lengthy on next-gen versus nothing on old-gen, is crazy! I can see what all the fuss was about with the lengthy stuff at the time now!

Lengthy was really, really broken. You would have forwards like Insigne with like 95 pace on chem getting caught by CBs that are much slower, even with a massive head start.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I'm going to ask a stupid question, what the hell do I play to get the swap tokens?

Friendlies.

Look for the World Cup related objectives in the Objectives tab, it tells you which game mode you need to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

They're through squad battles on the objectives tab?

Can't see anything through friendlies

There are a few different sets. One set is squad battles, the others are friendlies.

I think one of them is called World Cup Swaps Week 1 or something similar.

I want Viera but the gambler in me wants those 3 x84x20 packs and a world icon pick.

Skipped Rivals this week to focus on the Swaps.

Got them all done apart from the win 6 Squad Battles games with English players and the one for level 18 on the season progress.

No motivation at all to play any more Squad Battles but I'll come back to it as it's active for 40 days.

I really enjoyed the online grind. I flew through them, but ended up with a soft ban at the end for completing too many games in an hour (trust EA to create a golden goal mode and then issue bans for completing too many games!), so had to switch back to old-gen to finish them off.

Time for a couple of days' break from it after that. Phew! 😅

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeah, I enjoyed swaps.

I love when it forces you to try different teams out. Set up a 352 with high pressure, had the six players needed for swaps at CB, GK and CDM. Had Keane and Messi up front, and had a third attacker for a country that I needed the objectives on.

Sitting on Level 7 of WC mode now. Absolutely nothing appeals on this weeks TOTW tho, so might give the weekend a break, and see if any RPG catches my eye.

Advertisement