Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I blame McDonald's, they started it with "I'm loving it", it was a short step on a slippery slope to have the "on" added on. It really grates on my nerves, too.

Sally Rooney.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The fact that my mother seems to think teatowels are airtight and therefore a perfectly valid choice of covering for leftovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I've said this before but people who can't/won't use a slip road to get up to speed before merging with traffic. I travel to Nexttownover at least four times a week, and there's a relatively short slip road before you merge with traffic in a 120kph zone, and the amount of people who barely get to 60kph before the end of it and then try to merge is unreal! Of course that leaves me, and possibly other traffic stuck behind them also at 60kph trying to merge with traffic travelling much faster. Is it any sodding wonder that during rush hour every morning there's phantom traffic jams and hold ups at every slip onto a dual carriageway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,489 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When you know somebody and if you ask about something your being nosey and if you don't you don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭Poochie05

When after much deliberation you decide on eggs, chips and beans for dinner, only to find you've no beans 🥺

• Registered Users Posts: 16,934 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Drama queens regularly posting cryptic, woe-is-me nonsense only to drop it before starting again.

This is a discussion forum, not a blog.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

"How are things with you?" Polite and open enough to cover whatever issue they feel you should be enquiring about and vague enough to not appear like you're digging for specific info.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,938 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

My phone cable has become one of those ones, where it doesn’t work unless you bend / bend it around the phone. It’s not that old 😡

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,489 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When your driving down the road and the Gardaí are behind you.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The health service in this country (and not only this one). 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I had never heard this before reading your post. Is it an Americanism ? Bizarre indeed. The more usual is "She dotes on that dog."

Cat howls I WANNA GO OUT! So I leave my snug nest and let him out..

Then... cat howls to come in. I again leave my blissfully cosy bed... Open the door and there he is, back rowards me... Howling!

When I manage to get his attention he looks at me as if I am stark staring crazy! Turns away again and howls at nothing..

Well at least he can't wake the neighbours as there aren't any .... Sing on little cat!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,296 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

just booked tickets for the cinema and was reminded of my last visit. Where boyfriend and girlfriend arrived, late, film started, armfuls of food / catering and refreshments…couldn’t make up their mind where to sit so a loud conversation ensues in the aisle at the side… for about 60 seconds, then despite there being free rows, asked that we stood up to pass them….so they could sit..it better be a moron free trip tomorrow and shîtehawks like that are well well away…

secondly…

That it’s November, in Ireland and my three favourite clothing labels are seemingly not stocking rain jackets… in their stores yesterday and when I go online the same. It’s planet earth, it rains, it rains a lot here in Northern Europe, it rains a lot in Ireland, it rains a lot in the country where this certain favourite label is originating (France) … they have coats and jackets of multiple designs, styles, types for all sorts of conditions including an arctic parka and a ski jacket but fûckin no rain jackets…. Probably have self heating pyjamas before a rain jacket….

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭AxleAddict

When the first 5-10 minutes of an office meeting entails sitting there, watching the organiser/presenter struggle to get their laptop to work with the presentation equipment, or a HDMI cable is missing, or the remote control doesn't work, has run out of batteries, or can't be found. Then when something does finally appear on the TV or projector screen, it's invariably the wrong resolution or blurry and yet more twiddling ensues. 🤯

Or when they are in front of you... and you are in a hurry,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Back to back seats in waiting rooms

The way Sky sports is flogging programmes about tItalia 90, and old players from that England team , as if they were really going to win it ! 😝😝😝😜

^^^^^

the song Sweet Caroline ever since they ‘adopted’ it as their World Cup anthem.

• Advertisement

Craving for a roast beef sandwich. Bread , roast beef, check and after a search the Branston pickle, check. Everything except butter/flora 😡😡

Also stupid face ID on an iPhone that NEVER works

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

It was an OK song , i’d never listen to Neil Diamond anyway, but if it played in the background its ok.

Actually I just played it on YouTube and nearly buked. You're right !

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭japprentice

Many a wedding dry humping at a wedding to sweet Caroline. Gone are the days.

Feet are bitterly cold but if I get them out from bed to put socks on they will be even colder and I hate wearing socks in bed..

There really is no.... adequate....reply to that!!!! lol... would rather endure cold feet!!!

• Advertisement

God you sound like every other woman I’ve propositioned lately 😡😡😡

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement