Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm SIM Question

Options
  • 08-06-2022 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi... I have a Visonic Powermaster alarm panel with a GSM card. The SIM installed in it is from Three and it seems that with its current plan, I need to top up by €20 every month in order to use SMS messaging.

Is anyone aware of a more cost effective SIM plan that I can use for SMS messaging only?

Many Thanks.

Best Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

Is that a 4 week deal so you get messages, data and calls?

If so would you be better off just paying for the text messages than a bundle deal?

Id ring three and see what they can do for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 B0rder

OK - Seems I have it sorted now....

According to Three, if you have a pay-as-you-go SIM and add €20 of credit, the system will automatically activate one of their "monthly plans". At the end of 28 days, the plan will cease and the credit will not be on your account. This is an automatic process and you can't opt out.

The trick is... Add less than €20 of credit (perhaps €10 to be safe). When you do this, the automatic plan does not activate and you are left with the credit on your account which is depleted as you use it.

Answers

Advertisement