Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

Counting down the minutes here. This has to be the gloomiest day I've seen in a long time. The fog never lifted once during the day.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Shivers... Out here it has been a clear bright day..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Head down trying to get through the week because Friday and Saturday are fundays! Spa day on Friday and girls' lunch on Saturday, talk about it all coming along at once.

Didn’t go grocery shopping this week so working my way through all the bits and pieces in the fridge and freezer, which is really satisfying. Even had to have a croissant for break time as there was a solitary one floating around the freezer for weeks, so would be a shame to waste it 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Hospital appointment re: loved one this morning. Turned out ok. Phew. Ever onwards, just very slowly. All fingers crossed and pray. 🙏

Work for a few hours.🤠

Then 2nd ever therapist appointment that went very well. Got all my issues laid bare. 🗣️

Dinner now. Beans, chicken nuggets, chips. 🤪

Then do some work to catch up for this morning.

Or just chill with a cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Slow and steady for your loved one 😊 Delighted to hear the therapist appointment went well, finding one you can connect with makes all the difference imo . Look after yourself too 😊

Cold night . But sunny days that make up for it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Forget work! chill with a cupan tae and the cat!

Thanks

Weather supposed to be dry and even sunny until at least Monday. Yesterday's forecast was rain.

The cat was watching me like a hawk having my dinner. I am the giver of treats. As soon as he got his supper he was out the door. But it's cold and wet so he'll be back soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,166 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

In front of the fire chilling ta fook with the TV. Cold out there and gonna get colder over the coming weeks. A nice home made salt and chilli chicken is in the offing. A little work tomorrow and then a birthday weekend. Bring it on!

• Advertisement

In the leaba with hot water bottle, freezing thick fog outside all day and it's worse now. Busy weekend ahead , tan applied in preparation ☺️😁, looking forward and dreading it in equal amounts, hoping I won't have the fear Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,065 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That looks lovely. I have an electric fireplace which I've never turned on, and for all the hassle I do love a fire of turf / logs you've foraged yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 17,046 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

It's like someone snapped their fingers overnight and we woke up in winter. Frosty morning and foggy now.

I wish I could snap mine and wake up Friday evening. 🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 14,065 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

What a day. Started well with an amazing visit to a social enterprise that was really inspiring. I then escape prison, oops the fellowship and booked myself into a lush hotel in Santander for some r&r.

Got my urgent bits of work done, took part in a great podcast, went on a date to a lovely little speakeasy bar, and speaking of easy, I can tick Spain off my list now.

Then while himself was in the shower I looked at the messages that had been pinging like mad all night. Turns out that one of the guests we had staying with us at the weekend tested positive to COVID and they have fecking bed bugs. Queue panic in our villa!

So, tomorrow I go home to the place being torn apart and treated with chemicals all because some irresponsible people didn't realise bed bugs can travel. Doh.

Fear of spreading COVID put paid to my plans to go back out for food and drink so had to order food to my room instead. Grrr

I don;t have or need a therapist.. I have a soulmate... a true soulmate who fills all purposes as I do on my part. Blessed I am... mightily blessed... Just off the phone and life is back in order...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,165 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I miss work as it means too much time sitting in hotels, got to bump into the CEO of our mother company over breakfast. All super senior management, talk about me being in the wrong place at the wrong time. :)

Post edited by smurfjed on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,165 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@thomil can you explain a hackathon to me ? This looks like a poker hall 😂😂

www.blackhatme.com

Post edited by smurfjed on

I keep losing track of my brood.. Three currently and that number may rise very soon.... One is atop the high kitchen cupboard.... does not like mixing unless FOOD arrives .... or he wants a cuddle .... one is curled up on a kitchen chair... and the third, bless him, is atop my feet on the bed...

Oh WILL rise.. the number of cats! Had word of more rescues arriving very soon! YAY..

Not everyone is so lucky or blessed.

Today is Thursday, I refuse to let anyone put me in a bad humour 🙂

• Advertisement

On the bus into work for a day of meetings. Holy mother of God.

Definitely much colder today.

Saw a bin lorry with Christmas lights all around it's edges. I'd say it looks great in the dark.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Doctor this morning to get additional pain help.. Finally had egg and chips last night. First time there's been chips in the freezer this year I think.

Basically, you take a bunch of developers, hackers and assorted other nerds, put them in a room and give them a certain goal that they need to achieve within a certain time frame. That can be coming up with new was to do certain things in software, to the more traditional ways of hacking, finding weaknesses in browsers, operating systems, and the like. I think the reasoning is that the atmosphere and energy will help the developers be more creative. Plus, the organizers usually award prize money of some sort to those who come up with the best solution.

These things are usually organized by universities, security companies, privacy advocate or civil rights groups, sometimes even software development companies themselves.

Deskside, freezing over here. Fog still hasn't completely lifted and I nearly overslept. Time for a coffee and some music.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I saw my first Rudolph car today 😡

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 12,166 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Woo hoo! Go Mam!

At the tech desk. Breakfast time.

Lol 🙊😅

Enjoy the breakfast G ! A mug of coffee with a hot croissant, butter and raspberry jam on it feck it !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Made it over to doc office, limp limp stagger etc. Aldi after for food retail therapy

Sure we all deserve a lidl treat every now and then 😉

On my second coffee here. Not much happening and I'm even somewhat creative, but I'm just tired as feck today...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Advertisement

Found the elusive smoked onion mayo so making burgers next week.. Back to doc tomorrow 🙄

Advertisement